Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga

Is Dell Voice down ?

Anyone having problems with Dell Voice ? Mine is not working at all.

Thanks.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain) Assumption is the mother of all "foul-ups" (Under Siege 2: Dark Territory 1995) None of us knows anything, not even whether we know anything or not (Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BC)
30 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
working on my end
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
stephroll wrote: working on my end
Thanks - much appreciated. So, what's wrong with my Dell Voice ? I have to look into it, but don't even have a clue where to begin ?

Thanks.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain) Assumption is the mother of all "foul-ups" (Under Siege 2: Dark Territory 1995) None of us knows anything, not even whether we know anything or not (Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BC)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
78 upvotes
oldpro wrote: Thanks - much appreciated. So, what's wrong with my Dell Voice ? I have to look into it, but don't even have a clue where to begin ?

Thanks.
Can you connect to Dell's network (ie: Did you get past the login screen)?
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
murdoc2k wrote: Can you connect to Dell's network (ie: Did you get past the login screen)?
i can login and I get the main Dellvoice window, but nothing works, no incoming calls nor I can dial out. When I go to "test connection" sreen, also nothing happens.

Many thanks for helping.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
wonghouse wrote: It was down since DV released unlimited text for android. It has been reported to DV support but they don't seem to care, probably not enough people to complaint.

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 4&start=50

Please submit your problem to DV.
Thanks so much for your help - you identified the problem precisely, as the link you provided shows - yes it's broken, for sure. Ah, well, at least it's free... :)

Thanks again - much appreciated !!!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
Hey oldpro, dell voice is working for me. I just tried making a call on my N7 tablet. Call went through.
Jul 19, 2010
13 posts
3 upvotes
I was able to call out from my Android tablet, but incoming go straight to either voice mail or 'Follow-me' number. Not sure if you are able to receive call.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
I called my tablet and that worked as well, so everything appears good to me. BTW, I prefer talkatone, free sms and calling.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote: Hey oldpro, dell voice is working for me. I just tried making a call on my N7 tablet. Call went through.
Thanks Will for info. So it looks that Dell Voice is down in certain areas only.
ForFun wrote: I was able to call out from my Android tablet, but incoming go straight to either voice mail or 'Follow-me' number. Not sure if you are able to receive call.
Cannot call out nor receive calls.
will888 wrote: I called my tablet and that worked as well, so everything appears good to me. BTW, I prefer talkatone, free sms and calling.
Thanks again - will check it out. For outgoing calls I use Google phone (clear and no echo like Dell Voice), but unfortunately cannot receive calls - hope they get it for Canada, too.

Cheers.

P.S. Checked Talkatone, but it appears that is not available for the PC ?
Dec 24, 2011
38 posts
10 upvotes
Coquitlam
I cannot make any international calls. domestic calls are fine. anyone has the same problem?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
Unfortunately talkatone, groove ip which works off of gv does not have a pc option.
Sep 23, 2005
556 posts
170 upvotes
Calgary
I always get a "fongo connection failed - Click to retry" It worked last week for about 2 days then it stopped working again.
Jul 19, 2010
13 posts
3 upvotes
It show 'No connection to the server' now, my internet is working perfectly fine. Sigh.....
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote: Oh, I should mention that google voice can work off of a PC quite easily. Well explained here.

http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/ ... -Gmail.htm
Hi Will888:

you are so kind and helped me sooo many times - so much appreciated.
Now, I'm checking my gmail account for google voice, but for the light of me I cannot see it. I have "chat" there, but no "voice".

Is there anything I'm missisng here (other than few billion brain cells in my 75 year old brain :) )

Many thanks.

P.S. Just found this in Google help pages: "At this time, users outside of the US cannot upgrade to a full Google Voice account and cannot receive phone calls in Gmail."
Sep 22, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
HAMILTON
Nigel wrote: I always get a "fongo connection failed - Click to retry" It worked last week for about 2 days then it stopped working again.
"No connection to the sever", "port 1300 should be open", "server down" blah, blah, blah Dellvoice.

The Dellvoice / Fongo major service interruption continues. Many people are experiencing no service or no calls. This is not limited to one or two areas. Confirmed. The kicker here is their staff are more than aware of the problems, but when you try to post on their forum about it, they'll say it's your java version and lock the thread to stop any further discussion. To make it worse, guess what? If you wanna start a new post asking for help on this issue, and this is new, all your posts have to be approved by a moderator BEFORE they can go up. They are actively sqaushing discussion to prevent the stench from spreading! Personally, I have not been able to use it for over a week now, and am not alone. (PC version) Others are complaining about the mobile version.

Call customer service you say? Ha. I suspect their service numbers all forward to a guy sitting in the bathroom of a subway somewhere, no help.
I found this by googling "Dellvoice problems", lol.
Would like to hear from more people on this.

In the meantime, Icall works just fine, just not quite the same for convenience.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
crashed2012 wrote: "No connection to the sever", "port 1300 should be open", "server down" blah, blah, blah Dellvoice.

The Dellvoice / Fongo major service interruption continues. Many people are experiencing no service or no calls. This is not limited to one or two areas. Confirmed. The kicker here is their staff are more than aware of the problems, but when you try to post on their forum about it, they'll say it's your java version and lock the thread to stop any further discussion. To make it worse, guess what? If you wanna start a new post asking for help on this issue, and this is new, all your posts have to be approved by a moderator BEFORE they can go up. They are actively sqaushing discussion to prevent the stench from spreading! Personally, I have not been able to use it for over a week now, and am not alone. (PC version) Others are complaining about the mobile version.

Call customer service you say? Ha. I suspect their service numbers all forward to a guy sitting in the bathroom of a subway somewhere, no help.
I found this by googling "Dellvoice problems", lol.
Would like to hear from more people on this.

In the meantime, Icall works just fine, just not quite the same for convenience.
Very interesting. Well, at least it's free, so "beggars can't be choosers" I guess :)

george__ wrote: ^
You can't be that old.

http://www.google.com/chat/voice/

Then you will be able to phone call with it
Oh yes, we've been using that for a while now. My wife calls overseas all the time using Google phone. She buys $10 calling credits at the time and it's absolutely flawless and cheap. I just wish Google would treat Canada a bit better than a "banana republic" and get us to receive calls also :) .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)