Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell XPS Studio for $884+tx Intel i7

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2009 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 15, 2006
550 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal

[Dell] Dell XPS Studio for $884+tx Intel i7

Dell XPS Studio for $884+tx. What do you guys think?

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/con ... =1&vw=icon

The trick is select the 1TB RAID 0 will subtract by $90
I removed the keyboard less $25. It gives a compatibility error but it took me to the cart.

Looks like we could get EPP discount on top of this. Trying it with Dell rep right now. Will keep you guys posted.

Components
Genuine Windows Vista
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
very good price... how do you get that, EPP discounted ? Link pls.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3011 posts
135 upvotes
Mtl
To get that price, select the studio xps system advertised on the days of deal page. Change the hd to 2x500gb. He also removed the 25$ keyboard. Problem is that the removal of the keyboard results in a compatibility error, which requires you to choose the bluetooth mouse/keyb combo, which is 125$.

I believe the lowest price that the system will accept is 909$ with the above mentioned hd selection. For those you qualify, you would be able to get another 7% off via epp, so final price would be about 845$ which is still a decent deal.
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1396 posts
141 upvotes
Regardless of what anyone else wants to say, this is the cheapest you can get an i7 system with windows built.
Only problem is that the PSU is probably low in power and prevents you from upgrading the video card to something half decent.. Then you can't overclock it and that takes the fun out of an i7 system.
Jan 18, 2008
64 posts
Dead.. HDD options changed in front of my eyes while doing configuration. No longer possible to change the HDD configuration to save $90.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
Deggor wrote: Dead.. HDD options changed in front of my eyes while doing configuration. No longer possible to change the HDD configurations to saved $90.
same here...

Dell's catching errors quick these days... wondering if they have someone monitoring RFD :D