Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DellRefurbished.ca

Dell Refurbished Spring Deal - up to 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2017 5:21 am
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
is there a problem with this system today?

I logged on during the weekend no problem, but now I get the old:

New improved site. New account required.

If you created an account prior to Oct 12, 2016, you will need to create a new account.

EDIT: Damn, I just called and it looks like the account has been deleted (the orders still show up on the email, but no account), and there was a lot of push-back on whether I was imagining actually having an account in the first place. Angry Face
Mar 14, 2017
244 posts
162 upvotes
Traian2003 wrote: Ah damn, missed it by a day :(
Me too - I didn't check the forum this weekend or I would have jumped on this.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
anyone else having trouble logging on, and might have had their account deleted too?
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: anyone else having trouble logging on, and might have had their account deleted too?
JackWhyte, please check your PM.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Aug 22, 2016
626 posts
408 upvotes
karembeu wrote: All models were 33% off recently, and I'm sure we will have another sale featuring laptops soon. You can make sure you are signed up for the email notifications, and/or Facebook, and watch the coupon thread on RFD.

~ John @ DellRefurbished

Now I see a 6430S model but the promo has expired :) badluck

Is there a promo code I can use now to buy that one at 40% discount? Just thought of checking with you as you are the man :)
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
karembeu wrote: JackWhyte, please check your PM.
thanks for the help, and once again you are The Man!
Nov 17, 2013
979 posts
196 upvotes
WINNIPEG
That's a really great price. Sorry I missed this sale. How soon till the next?
out of curiosity, are the precision workstations not worth it? Yes, they are more expensive but I'm looking for something that will run photoshop, after effects and other graphic and video editing programs. Would an optiplex 7010 as below be 'good enough' or would I really benefit from one of the precision models?
hoob wrote: Thanks, picked up an OptiPlex 7010 i7-3770 (3.40GHz) for $300 all in delivered.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Got my 7010-i7 today, cosmetic Grade B I'm fine with, but rather disappointed that it doesn't even appear do have been given a courtesy once-over with the air nozzle. Caked dust on fan blades and inlets and grills.

These are toolless cases ffs -- it would take about 30 seconds to open the hatch and hose down all the crannies. Is that really too much to ask, even for Grade B 40% discounts?

Loose broken off fan blade rattling around the case as well, the HD cage fan will probably be fine missing a tooth, but still. Anyway, a good deal regardless, but the "unboxing" is a bit disappointing.

Oh well, I'm sure it works, still cloning disk image and will report back once successful.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
Yea, same with my workstation I bought from them a few years back. They don't go through any refurbish process so they are in the condition they are in from the last owner/business.
hoob wrote: Got my 7010-i7 today, cosmetic Grade B I'm fine with, but rather disappointed that it doesn't even appear do have been given a courtesy once-over with the air nozzle. Caked dust on fan blades and inlets and grills.

These are toolless cases ffs -- it would take about 30 seconds to open the hatch and hose down all the crannies. Is that really too much to ask, even for Grade B 40% discounts?

Loose broken off fan blade rattling around the case as well, the HD cage fan will probably be fine missing a tooth, but still. Anyway, a good deal regardless, but the "unboxing" is a bit disappointing.

Oh well, I'm sure it works, still cloning disk image and will report back once successful.
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
hoob wrote: Got my 7010-i7 today, cosmetic Grade B I'm fine with, but rather disappointed that it doesn't even appear do have been given a courtesy once-over with the air nozzle. Caked dust on fan blades and inlets and grills.

hoob, the units go through an extensive test and clean, and are supposed to get a very good blow-out - we are even installing a new, better blowout station currently. I'm very sorry yours was not up to normal standard.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
karembeu wrote: hoob, the units go through an extensive test and clean, and are supposed to get a very good blow-out - we are even installing a new, better blowout station currently. I'm very sorry yours was not up to normal standard.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Yes, admittedly, the stuff was well-caked on, must have been running in a humid environment (worse is a greasy one, which is far worse, thankfully not the problem here.) Canned air didn't displace it at all, had to physically wipe everything down with microfiber cloth, remove fans and wipe down blade by blade, etc.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
hoob wrote: Thanks, picked up an OptiPlex 7010 i7-3770 (3.40GHz) for $300 all in delivered.
really? a whole tower? that is cheap
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: really? a whole tower? that is cheap
Yeah, was a good deal, gummy dust residue notwithstanding. Not a tower but a regular desktop form factor (not SFF but the usual desktop smaller form factor)

Build date of the system is Aug 2012 and in-service date of June 2013, so it's no spring chicken. But the i7-3770 process is a top performer that still stands up well, only about 20% slower than equivalent current top consumer i7 processors.

In particular in my situation I wanted a desktop for work. I have a nice new work "laptop" but most laptop processors aren't designed for power users. So the 2012-era desktop i7 processor is still about 2.5X the performance of the modern i5-6300U process in my work laptop.

So now I'm here at work with my new workstation set up (my own $$ to help my own productivity) after these mods:

* Added 16GB or ram for $130 (20GB total)
* Added in a spare 500GB SSD disk as my main boot/work disk (free)
* Changed the 320GB disk for a 2.0 TB hybrid 2.5" disk $125 (bulk storage and local backup)
* Added a half height wifi/bluetooth add-in-card ($40)
* Removed the add-in HD7470 card (I think it was wonky, system couldn't boot 30% of the time)

So top performing business/coding system for $600 all in.

EDIT: in case anyone's curious, I measured power consumption of the system using my Kill-a-Watt.

* Sleep/Standby: 1W or less
* POST/Boot: 40-70W
* Idle desktop: 25-35W
* Light processing: 50-70W
* Heavy processing: 70-130W

So great power foot print as well (and it's silent unless CPU has been running hard for awhile.)

Not including monitors, which probably use more net power than the PC!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
hoob wrote: Yeah, was a good deal, gummy dust residue notwithstanding. Not a tower but a regular desktop form factor (not SFF but the usual desktop smaller form factor)

Build date of the system is Aug 2012 and in-service date of June 2013, so it's no spring chicken. But the i7-3770 process is a top performer that still stands up well, only about 20% slower than equivalent current top consumer i7 processors.

In particular in my situation I wanted a desktop for work. I have a nice new work "laptop" but most laptop processors aren't designed for power users. So the 2012-era desktop i7 processor is still about 2.5X the performance of the modern i5-6300U process in my work laptop.

So now I'm here at work with my new workstation set up (my own $$ to help my own productivity) after these mods:

* Added 16GB or ram for $130 (20GB total)
* Added in a spare 500GB SSD disk as my main boot/work disk (free)
* Changed the 320GB disk for a 2.0 TB hybrid 2.5" disk $125 (bulk storage and local backup)
* Added a half height wifi/bluetooth add-in-card ($40)
* Removed the add-in HD7470 card (I think it was wonky, system couldn't boot 30% of the time)

So top performing business/coding system for $600 all in.

EDIT: in case anyone's curious, I measured power consumption of the system using my Kill-a-Watt.

* Sleep/Standby: 1W or less
* POST/Boot: 40-70W
* Idle desktop: 25-35W
* Light processing: 50-70W
* Heavy processing: 70-130W

So great power foot print as well (and it's silent unless CPU has been running hard for awhile.)

Not including monitors, which probably use more net power than the PC!
glad that worked out for you, so it is still in stock?
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
Mine came with a cracked front panel. There is a piece that felt off.
The HDD is failing, because I have never seem a 7200RPM HDD this slow.
I got the OptiPlex 7010 with i7-3770 and slim case. I was just wondering if anyone figured out the front panel pin-out yet. I might move it to a new case since this case is missing a piece.

I am actually using the same PC at work with a mini case.

Our IT department actually ordered some OptiPlex 7040 with i7-6700 to test them out. But I told them the performance will be around 10% faster, which is not worth the money in upgrading. They didn't listen, so I told my boss. Both of these systems have USB 3.0 and SATA III. So it's not much of an upgrade.
So they had a meeting and decided to upgrade the hard drive only for regular staffs that doesn't need computing/graphics power for things like video rendering. Those staffs that require these will have a brand new system with the latest CPU and GPU. The IT staffs will keep the existing OptiPlex 7040 that was ordered.

The last upgrade we did was from a Pentium D to i7-3770. So that was good move. We had a different (but more competent IT manager) back then.
Dec 23, 2015
39 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Wonder when the next sale will come. Thought about getting one of the refurb laptops at 40% off
Feb 16, 2005
799 posts
315 upvotes
karembeu wrote: runeash, all systems listed with 128Gb or 256Gb HD will be SSD's.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Damn I read this wrong. I thought my Optiplex was coming with an SSD :(
RedFlagDeals Veteran OG Godfather of Trade in Values and Selling Stacks of Dairy Milk Bars. If you know you know.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)