Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DellRefurbished.ca

Victoria Day Sale

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2017 7:23 pm
Dec 17, 2011
290 posts
141 upvotes
OTTAWA
Do any of the monitors have HDMI in?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
When will the 50% off happen?? This is expensive...most companies and universities are selling these less than 5 years old core i5s,7s machines for less than $100!

Dell already made lots of money on the lease, now they are extra double dipping on the salvage value!!
To the moon
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
likemontreal wrote: It sounds today is the last chance, thanks for sharing.
likemontreal, the sale actually runs through Wednesday, May 24th.
rbkpwnz wrote: Do any of the monitors have HDMI in?
I'm afraid we don't tend to see monitors with HDMI in, not even the U24xx. If you check the Dell Victoria Day sale thread, they had the U2417H on sale, which does have HDMI.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Last edited by karembeu on May 23rd, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3867 upvotes
Antarctica
Redsanta wrote: When will the 50% off happen?? This is expensive...most companies and universities are selling these less than 5 years old core i5s,7s machines for less than $100!

Dell already made lots of money on the lease, now they are extra double dipping on the salvage value!!
Where does one buy those sub $100 machines? I am curious.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Redsanta wrote: When will the 50% off happen?? This is expensive...most companies and universities are selling these less than 5 years old core i5s,7s machines for less than $100!

Where at I'd be interested
Love saving money......
May 10, 2008
51 posts
11 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Waiting for more Mobile Workstations to be posted.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3867 upvotes
Antarctica
Also do these machines take 16gb ram? I was thinking of just buying 16gb ram instead of 8gb and using my current SSD to round out the build. This + ram would probably run cheaper than a new budget build with a new i3 or g4560.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Also do these machines take 16gb ram? I was thinking of just buying 16gb ram instead of 8gb and using my current SSD to round out the build. This + ram would probably run cheaper than a new budget build with a new i3 or g4560.
Yes they do. In fact, they have 4 slots.
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Awesome, thank you!
CrichtonFan, if you are looking at a desktop, be sure to check the specs for the chassis size to be sure - the 7010 USFF chassis, for instance, only has two slots.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3867 upvotes
Antarctica
Got another question.

Has anyone successfully ran Linux on these? I wouldn't mind disabling the AMD GPU that comes with the system but do the rest of the proprietary systems cause any trouble? Google searches don't prove very fruitful for resolving this.
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Got another question.

Has anyone successfully ran Linux on these? I wouldn't mind disabling the AMD GPU that comes with the system but do the rest of the proprietary systems cause any trouble? Google searches don't prove very fruitful for resolving this.
Crichtonfan, I run Ubuntu on my (old series) XPS 13, and have run it on other older Dell systems without any major issues (displaylink was a pain, but finally got it working). I have not tried setting up a dedicated or dual boot with Linux on the newer desktops (xx10 / xx20 series), but am considering trying it on my 7010 USFF. The XPS 13 runs like a dream, takes me 10-12 seconds to do a full reboot. The wife and kids hate Linux, so it means my laptop is safe from them using it :)

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
762 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: Hi John,

I received my Optiplex 7010 today, and when I picked it up, I heard something loose inside.

When I opened it up, there was this tab loosely inside. Do you have any clue what it is?

http://imgur.com/dRt3Kl0
http://imgur.com/paw1LSq
The guy was rough on the case when removing the front panel.
I got the same problem. The system must have been through a lot (lack of airflow), and it heats up. Then a lot of the plastic became all crispy. So a slight rough handling of the case will snap some sensitive parts.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3867 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill
Look at this disgusting mouse I received with a machine I ordered on Monday. Ive ordered several times from dfs but never received a device this disgusting.

Luckily my uncle will be using a Logitech keyboard with a trackpad on it so I can dump this thing in the trash.
May 15, 2017
28 posts
6 upvotes
I ordered a dell latitude e7440 and recieved it today... But looks like loads of drivers are missing and i got the BSOD upon first booting the machine.

Is there a way i can fix this myself without sending it back to dell?
Tia
Verified Rep
Oct 7, 2008
1704 posts
1031 upvotes
Sorry for the issues guys!
Akitakara wrote: Hi John, I received my Optiplex 7010 today, and when I picked it up, I heard something loose inside.
When I opened it up, there was this tab loosely inside. Do you have any clue what it is?
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but your right, does look like a tab of some sort, perhaps from the case closure? Even if the system is running okay, I'd log a ticket through the CS guys (directly on the website is easiest) and attach the pics, just in case anything comes up down the road, you have it on file that there was the issue when it arrived.

You can reach Customer Service via email (CA_DFSDIRECTCustomerService@Dell.com) or by phone 10am-6pm EST Mon-Fri at 1-800-891-8595. You can also use the Support tool on the website, which will create a support ticket directly.
mau108 wrote: Look at this disgusting mouse I received with a machine I ordered on Monday. Ive ordered several times from dfs but never received a device this disgusting.
Luckily my uncle will be using a Logitech keyboard with a trackpad on it so I can dump this thing in the trash.
mau108, as you said, that is not normal, please contact the CS guys and request a replacement mouse.
cobrasnake wrote: I ordered a dell latitude e7440 and recieved it today... But looks like loads of drivers are missing and i got the BSOD upon first booting the machine.
Is there a way i can fix this myself without sending it back to dell?
Tia
Tia, if the system will not boot, you can use the restore partition to recover it. The CS guys can walk you through the process.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
cobrasnake wrote: I ordered a dell latitude e7440 and recieved it today... But looks like loads of drivers are missing and i got the BSOD upon first booting the machine.
also run some tests on the SSD, as I bought a laptop like that and it would constantly crash - it turned out the SSD was running on fumes (with TBs of data written and almost exhausted write cycles - it must have been an office server).
May 15, 2017
28 posts
6 upvotes
karembeu wrote: Sorry for the issues guys!

Tia, if the system will not boot, you can use the restore partition to recover it. The CS guys can walk you through the process.

~ John @ DellRefurbished
I got windows 7 to reinstall from recovery, but now the system has no drivers(no wifi/ethernet controller and no usb controllers). Seems like i am stuck with no way to load drivers onto a USB or download via ethernet.

I will contact CS and report back, i did over 3 reinstalls and spent hours trying to get the machine to detect my USB drive to no avail.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Len
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3867 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill
cobrasnake wrote: I got windows 7 to reinstall from recovery, but now the system has no drivers(no wifi/ethernet controller and no usb controllers). Seems like i am stuck with no way to load drivers onto a USB or download via ethernet.

I will contact CS and report back, i did over 3 reinstalls and spent hours trying to get the machine to detect my USB drive to no avail.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Len
My machine came with barely any drivers as well. I had a wifi dongle, plugged that in and installed the Windows 10 upgrade (free accessibility upgrade). Everything automatically installed after upgrading to windows 10.