• Dec 19th, 2008 2:39 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 5, 2004
175 posts
4 upvotes

Dell's - Deal of Day - deliveries ?

Just wandering if [rfdlink=55]Dell[/rfdlink] is overselling ,without stock.With this last promo -

I ordered the picture frame on December 10 ,scheduled now is December 18th to ship ? A little close for xmas time.

Ordered the Kingston memory deal yesterday and today its delayed waiting for a delivery date ?

So question is ,if they ran these promo's knowing that had no stock at this time of year ??

An yah I tried their overseas 'SUPPORT' as it is and got tired of waiting online for a person to talk with on this .

Not good ...........
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1954 posts
116 upvotes
I order some Eneloop batteries, they say they are "in stock" when I order them 2 weeks ago. Then they email me twice, that the batteries are out of stock, waiting for new stock. Good thing I wasn't in a rush for them.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2006 upvotes
Nowhere
My eneloops were supposed to be in stock when I ordered and then they were supposed to ship today. Today, I get an email saying they are delayed. Ten days before Christmas and I don't know when I am going to get them.
May 27, 2007
15684 posts
3106 upvotes
Toronto
It's usually a hit or miss.
I too, ordered the Kingston combo yesterday, and it shipped today. (Although i did get a delay notice e-mail)
If you ordered early, you'll get it pretty fast.

Ship Date: 12/15/2008
Items Shipped
Click here to view carrier details regarding the delivery of this item.
xxxxxx
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2205 posts
229 upvotes
North York
I got delay too

but meh, not in rush to use the USB stick and memory card anyway ...

Im pretty sure itll come one way or the other
Nov 25, 2007
115 posts
3 upvotes
I got a delay notice too, ordered last Wednesday, and I get an email today saying its been delayed for no specified amount of time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7203 posts
580 upvotes
From all indications lately, you should just assume that "In stock" is more of a wish than a fact. They have no decent reasons for it.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1954 posts
116 upvotes
Happy13178 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2008 3:43 am
From all indications lately, you should just assume that "In stock" is more of a wish than a fact. They have no decent reasons for it.
Yes. it sure looks like that way.
Nov 26, 2002
586 posts
54 upvotes
These are the exact 2 things that I ordered as well. The Kingston combo I'm not worried about the Picture Frame though is a gift. Seems to be that way all around though. We are waiting on orders from Chapters and Sears that were in stock when we ordered and now 2 weeks later nothing.
abnutcracker wrote:
Dec 15th, 2008 2:33 pm
Just wandering if Dell is overselling ,without stock.With this last promo -

I ordered the picture frame on December 10 ,scheduled now is December 18th to ship ? A little close for xmas time.

Ordered the Kingston memory deal yesterday and today its delayed waiting for a delivery date ?

So question is ,if they ran these promo's knowing that had no stock at this time of year ??

An yah I tried their overseas 'SUPPORT' as it is and got tired of waiting online for a person to talk with on this .

Not good ...........
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1954 posts
116 upvotes
Well, just received the AAA Eneloop battery that I order on the Dec-04.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22093 posts
4098 upvotes
Waterloo
Lucky me, I have got my Dell DoD sales almost next day

If they are in stock, it's really next day or 2 day delivery
If not, then you wait until they get in stock first

So in the last 2 weeks, from Dell
  • Canon SD1100 camera - a week?
  • AAA Eneloop - next day
  • D-Link Gaming Router - next day
  • Yesterday's Wii Bundle - next day (shipped already to my surprise)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Nov 16, 2001
55 posts
18 upvotes
I received a delay of shipping notice for the 16GBsd card (17 Dec)but I did receive the canon Rebel ES today. :cheesygri
Dec 17, 2004
226 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
Gotta agree with hit or miss...

I ordered some 1.5 TB HDs from them back in the middle of October. The e-mail confirmation said expected shipping date would be 2 weeks from date of order, but I received the drives a couple of days later.

I also ordered a 1TB External HD from them the first week of October and just received it last week.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
The last DoD, i got everything i ordered the next day (4-5am ordering tho). All items i ordered came from Richmond/Delta so i got lucky with my orders i guess.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Got a delay of the delivery as well....I want to receive mine now!!