Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Delonghi.com] Delonghi Space Heaters - Minimum 20% Off with free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 9:48 am
Feb 9, 2009
568 posts
86 upvotes
N/A
racing.racing wrote:
I got both of these:
Dragon4 TRD40615ECA
Radia S TRRS 0715ECA
Which one of the two would you recommend?

I don't see a huge difference between the two besides the price. I'm only using it to heat up my bedroom at night since my HVAC is too loud for me.
Apr 13, 2009
296 posts
149 upvotes
Kelowna
I bought the De’Longhi Grey Capsule Ceramic Heater at Costco for only a couple bucks more.

It is incredibly small for the amount of heat it puts out, looks reasonably good, heats up instantly and works well to heat a small office (~100sqft). It has a fan only mode which could be useful in the summer and two heating modes (900W and 1500W). It does have a temp control, however you don't actually set it with an exact temperature (e.g. 22 C), you can only set it by trial and error.

All in all, I would recommend it; however, I haven't been able to use it on a schedule with a TPLink smart plug.

I have it scheduled to turn on at a certain time, which it does, but then the heater eventually stops after a few minutes, even though it is still getting power.

Was running the heater at 1500W and these plugs are supposed to be good up to 1800W.

The TP-Link plug still says it is on. I can see that the heater still gets power because the indicator light is on. However, the heater won't put out any heat.

Strangely enough, I can plug the heater directly into another outlet and get the same issue (light on, no heat or fan), so some sort of breaker or shut-off must have been triggered in the heater...
Leave the heater overnight, plug it in again and it works fine again and will run for hours with no issue.
Plug it into the TP-Link plug again and it runs for hours without issue.
Turn the wifi plug off, and wait for it to turn on via the schedule... and it only runs for minutes before shutting off again...

Have tried with two different heaters (same model), multiple different outlets, both of these plugs, and I'm thinking it has to be something with the schedule mode of this plug combined with this particular heater.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Will try the heater at 900W tonight to see if that makes a difference, but would love other suggestions if anyone has any! Thanks.
Feb 11, 2010
146 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
pkpower wrote: Which one of the two would you recommend?

I don't see a huge difference between the two besides the price. I'm only using it to heat up my bedroom at night since my HVAC is too loud for me.
yeah... there is really no difference in it's functionality. DRAGON4 slightly longer and have handle on front & back where RADIA S have single handle and slightly short. Although the control button looks different but their functions are same on both unit.

DRAGON4 have their "Patented Thermal Chimneys" but it make no difference in real world use as compared to RADIA S... maybe on paper it does.

FYI: When it's new it will produce a smell but when you run on high heat for couple of days the smell will go away. It's normal.
Feb 11, 2010
146 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
amyandjason wrote: I bought the De’Longhi Grey Capsule Ceramic Heater at Costco for only a couple bucks more.

It is incredibly small for the amount of heat it puts out, looks reasonably good, heats up instantly and works well to heat a small office (~100sqft). It has a fan only mode which could be useful in the summer and two heating modes (900W and 1500W). It does have a temp control, however you don't actually set it with an exact temperature (e.g. 22 C), you can only set it by trial and error.

All in all, I would recommend it; however, I haven't been able to use it on a schedule with a TPLink smart plug.

I have it scheduled to turn on at a certain time, which it does, but then the heater eventually stops after a few minutes, even though it is still getting power.

Was running the heater at 1500W and these plugs are supposed to be good up to 1800W.

The TP-Link plug still says it is on. I can see that the heater still gets power because the indicator light is on. However, the heater won't put out any heat.

Strangely enough, I can plug the heater directly into another outlet and get the same issue (light on, no heat or fan), so some sort of breaker or shut-off must have been triggered in the heater...
Leave the heater overnight, plug it in again and it works fine again and will run for hours with no issue.
Plug it into the TP-Link plug again and it runs for hours without issue.
Turn the wifi plug off, and wait for it to turn on via the schedule... and it only runs for minutes before shutting off again...

Have tried with two different heaters (same model), multiple different outlets, both of these plugs, and I'm thinking it has to be something with the schedule mode of this plug combined with this particular heater.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Will try the heater at 900W tonight to see if that makes a difference, but would love other suggestions if anyone has any! Thanks.
It's probably turning on to heat to heat-up the room and once the temperature reached it is probably shutting off the heat. Leave it plugged in and maybe open the window to make your room cold and see if the heater will turn on by it self.

I have a 3 in 1 (AC/Heater/Dehumidifier) unit does something like this....when the set temperature is reach the unit just goes in to standby mode.

Owners manual Link

Here is a snip from the manual:

"Setting the thermostat
Position the thermostat on maximum. When the room has
reached the required temperature, turn the thermostat dial
slowly counterclockwise until you hear a click and the fan
goes off. The thermostat will then keep room temperature at
the selected level automatically."
Feb 9, 2009
568 posts
86 upvotes
N/A
racing.racing wrote: yeah... there is really no difference in it's functionality. DRAGON4 slightly longer and have handle on front & back where RADIA S have single handle and slightly short. Although the control button looks different but their functions are same on both unit.

DRAGON4 have their "Patented Thermal Chimneys" but it make no difference in real world use as compared to RADIA S... maybe on paper it does.

FYI: When it's new it will produce a smell but when you run on high heat for couple of days the smell will go away. It's normal.
Thanks. I think I'll get the cheaper model then.
Apr 13, 2009
296 posts
149 upvotes
Kelowna
racing.racing wrote: It's probably turning on to heat to heat-up the room and once the temperature reached it is probably shutting off the heat. Leave it plugged in and maybe open the window to make your room cold and see if the heater will turn on by it self.
Thanks, but that isn't the issue. I understand how the thermostat works and when using it on a schedule with the TP-Link, I can have it in a cold room and can turn it right to the max, and it still only runs for minutes before shutting off and refusing to turn on again (but the power indicator light stays lit). As I mentioned, after the failure, removing it from the TP-Link and plugging it in anywhere else gives the same result, but leave it sit for a while and it starts working again and will run fine for hours...

Must be some sort of internal breaker or overheating detection that is triggered only when using the TP-Link for some reason... too bad since it seemed like a nice solution when paired with a smart plug.
Oct 18, 2001
710 posts
120 upvotes
Brampton
Get a OIL NOT Ceramic. And Get a digital style not the manual dial.

I will give you my experience by living on my sailboat in Toronto over the winter. I had/have a oil filled heater with the digital control. That thing was on 24/7 for 4-5 months. I would set the temp and it would adjust to keep that heat. Loads of heat coming off it, But mind you I was heating up a 34ft sailboat so it's not like it's warming up a 2000sq ft house.

As for Ceramics they are great for the quick burst of heat. Once they are off thats it, you may get a few seconds worth of heat out of them but thats it.

Oil if you turn it totally off you still get heat coming off that unit for several minutes. I had 1 oil and 2 ceramics on my boat. The oil was left on all the time. (also oil is much safer than a ceramic) the ceramics where only turned on once I got back home(boat) , they would help bring up the heat to the cold spots on the boat.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)