Delta Kitchen Faucets -- Noise

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2012 6:08 pm
Apr 7, 2011
32 posts
4 upvotes
Kemptville

Delta Kitchen Faucets -- Noise

Does anyone else have trouble with a Delta Faucet making noise when moved across the sink, if hot water is being used, or has been used within the last 15 min ? When I run the cold water for a few seconds it stops. It is a squealing sound. These are new $600.00 taps. The faucet is a large brushed nickle gooseneck. It was assembled and installed by a high end plumbing company. I have used them before, but was disappointed this time that they said it will cost money to have them come back and look at it one wk. after installation. I have read of others having a similar problem, and one plumber suggested online that Delta taps went downhill when they started using plastic parts. Has anyone found a solution ? We are going to try plumbers grease when my son has time to do it.
5 replies
Sep 23, 2009
317 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa
consumer1 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 6:11 pm
Does anyone else have trouble with a Delta Faucet making noise when moved across the sink, if hot water is being used, or has been used within the last 15 min ? When I run the cold water for a few seconds it stops. It is a squealing sound. These are new $600.00 taps. The faucet is a large brushed nickle gooseneck. It was assembled and installed by a high end plumbing company. I have used them before, but was disappointed this time that they said it will cost money to have them come back and look at it one wk. after installation. I have read of others having a similar problem, and one plumber suggested online that Delta taps went downhill when they started using plastic parts. Has anyone found a solution ? We are going to try plumbers grease when my son has time to do it.

What model delta faucet?
Oh hey there
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener
while the water is running and making that nolise, try opening or closing the hot and cold supply a bit (increase or decrease the flow on the hot and cold shut-off supply under the sink)... it's just water hammer from the speed that the water is travelling through your pipes... changing the flow rate should eliminate the noise...
Jan 12, 2009
315 posts
12 upvotes
If the above advise doesn't work, give Delta a call on their 1-800 number. I called on a Saturday morning about an older faucet and they were quick to answer, very friendly and shipped warranty parts to my house for free. I was actually very pleased as it is rare to get experience that level of customer service these days.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2011
32 posts
4 upvotes
Kemptville
CoreyDanger wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 6:41 pm
What model delta faucet?

The Delta Brizo faucet no. is 62201. It has 2 levered handles, brushed nickel finish. Looks beautiful, and does not leak, but makes this annoying noise. It is a squeaking noise probably caused by something rubbing. Someone suggested plumbers grease. What do you think ?

Thanks.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2011
32 posts
4 upvotes
Kemptville
We had plumber's grease applied to the inside of the faucet. The cartridge does have plastic on plastic, and that is where it is squeaking. The older man in the hardware store department where we bought the plumbers' grease said there are many problems with new taps. He said the plastic parts are even in the high end taps like this Brizo, which is the high end of Delta. He said you can find faucets with all metal parts, but they may not have all the features that some of the Brizo taps have. I like the pull out spray feature, and the way the large, high goose-neck faucet swings out of my way. We are hoping the squealing does not come back, and we were afraid that some plastic part would break when we had it apart. I have a family member who is a plumber, and he helped so I would not have to have the original plumber back, and pay a big bill for the repair. It does not seem fair to have all this trouble with a new high end tap, but like the man in the hardware store said -- made in China, and plastic parts. I really do not want to do anymore renovations unless I really have to. It is very hard to get good quality materials, even if you pay top dollar. I have heard so many stories like this from friends and relatives who carry out a renovation, or just buy a new appliance. Frankly, I would not want a new house at all. Just thinking about all the problems associated with the poor quality of things being made now gives me a headache.
× < >