• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 9:55 pm
Tags:
Dec 4, 2016
882 posts
315 upvotes
I had two. 5k each. Insurance for that year was 2k maximum, so 8k out of pocket. It was on the high end for the city, but the outcome has been not bad. I did not need a bone graft or sinus lift, as it's on the bottom and I had tons of bone available. 5k/tooth without bone graft is definitely on the high end, and you should be able to find something less than this.
Oct 4, 2018
10 posts
3 upvotes
I was quoted around $5000 - $6000, but by the time I had the first bone graft (insertion of cadaver bone sand), I was out of pocket $3,600. The x-ray alone at Orbit Imaging was around $600 after taxes. The 1st bone graft did not create the required height of bone, thus necessitating a 2nd and/or even a 3rd bone graft. That will bring the total cost to >$7,000 - <$9,000 per tooth.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1607 posts
206 upvotes
Newmarket
toguy wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 11:34 pm
For people who have had this done, just curious what happened to the original tooth where it could not be saved (accident/loss due to periodontal disease)?
ha

i was about 10 years old, living in what was then yugoslavia, parents took me to the dentist for a regular check up
the woman that saw me that day decided my tooth had a dead nerve (no xrays done, just some poking around) and she just pulled it out without any anesthesia....just like that....old style butchering with some pliers.....i still remember the pain, and her tugging hard on the tooth and holding my head!

wtf!
and my parents just let her do it because she was the dentist and she should know

so years later the two teeth (one was the wisdom tooth) behind the empty space i had were leaning forward, so i had a choice of pulling those two out and living with a gap, or straightening them up, and then putting an implant in the space......

i wanted to keep my teeth so i went through the process of straightening my teeth for 8 months, and then getting the implant....also had my 3 wisdom teeth removed before getting the braces, the one where the implant was going was left as i had a lot of room for it

best things i could have ever done for my teeth
May 13, 2010
160 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
For what is is worth, my brother and I had dental work in Mexico during the past year. I had gum surgery which was going to cost about $5000 in Ottawa and cost me $900 in Merida. My brother had full implants, $ 8,000 in Puerto Vallarta after being given an estimate of $30,000 in Calgary.