Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2153 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto

Dental Technology Program at GBrown

Does anyone know if its a good program? Is there a possibility to transfer to university after the completing of dimploma? Where can a graduate work and how much would one earn upon graduating?
Any kind of info would be appriciated.

TIA
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2153 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
tabiji wrote: What do you have in mind?
Its for my g/f. She has a bachelors(foreign) in interior design and initially she wanted to go to Ryerson for Interior Design Program. After some research it was evident that that field is in very low demand in Toronto and she is almost confident that she wants to switch to Dentistry, dental technician to be specific.
Jul 3, 2006
192 posts
26 upvotes
York Region, ON
koleso wrote: Its for my g/f. She has a bachelors(foreign) in interior design and initially she wanted to go to Ryerson for Interior Design Program. After some research it was evident that that field is in very low demand in Toronto and she is almost confident that she wants to switch to Dentistry, dental technician to be specific.
I think it is getting crowded in the dentistry due the un-regulated numbers of grad students in private schools. The competition has been fiere in the last 2 years and it has been driving the salaries down quite significant. There are students who are desperate to get a job (to repay tution fees) and willing to take 30-40% less in salaries. GeoregeBrown is well known for the dental programs and tough to get in, but once GW students graduate, can they complete with thousands of other grad students? Most of the hiring employers are looking for low salary over quality anytime. Just my 2cents.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1116 posts
10 upvotes
My ex took the dental hygenist program at George brown, she has a B.s. in Bio. The money is alright but she hated the job, she said it was really repetitive.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2153 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Spinoza wrote: My ex took the dental hygenist program at George brown, she has a B.s. in Bio. The money is alright but she hated the job, she said it was really repetitive.
Did she get her Bsc after gbrown? I guess all we want is to make sure there is a possibility to get a hire level of education by transfering credits and then go for masters. She wants to be an instructor or associate professor in dental field . I know it's a long and hard way so we need to choose the path carefully.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1116 posts
10 upvotes
She had it before going to GB. Oh and if you plan on teaching I think the competition is very high, as I know real dentists teach there.