• Aug 13th, 2018 6:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
198 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour

Depression

Do any of you sometimes feel you are not going to make it? Today is one of those days for me. I know there is nothing that can be done. Just want to know if others feel like this from time to time or is it me?
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7020 posts
73 upvotes
Nepean
Perhaps look into help.

https://cmha.ca/

A lot of work places has started to put emphasis on mental health with their employees.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1361 posts
183 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yes all the time, thanks for the wonderful post you and I have a lot in common. and thanks for posting this to show solidarity
Hi
Oct 24, 2009
223 posts
45 upvotes
All the time, although these days I am making a conscious effort not to be in a perpetual depressed state and definitely think I exaggerate my issues.
What is "not going to make it" anyway?! At least in my case, I always knew I didn't want the kind of life everyone else wants, but maybe I haven't really convinced my subconscious of this.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
1658 posts
543 upvotes
Alberta
Trans Am wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 9:28 am
Do any of you sometimes feel you are not going to make it? Today is one of those days for me. I know there is nothing that can be done. Just want to know if others feel like this from time to time or is it me?
Hi OP, I’m sure there are many many people who feel like that either in a daily basis or even once in a while. I seriously encourage you to speak regularly with someone. It’s not going to be easy and it won’t be overnight but eventually things get better.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1159 posts
179 upvotes
i just get like that when i come and go from work cause of the horrible durham region traffic. Leaving at 5:00 am is like the new 7:00 am these days.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
198 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 9:34 am
All the time, although these days I am making a conscious effort not to be in a perpetual depressed state and definitely think I exaggerate my issues.
What is "not going to make it" anyway?! At least in my case, I always knew I didn't want the kind of life everyone else wants, but maybe I haven't really convinced my subconscious of this.
Some days I feel like I will endup in the gutter. Seems like many of us suffer from similar things. Going by response my post got. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5990 posts
651 upvotes
Greely
I have my ups and downs too. The downs are tough.

Hang in there OP. Talk to someone, anyone. It helps.
Oct 24, 2009
223 posts
45 upvotes
Trans Am wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:01 am
Some days I feel like I will endup in the gutter. Seems like many of us suffer from similar things. Going by response my post got. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day
I hope you have a good support system around you. Spend some time with family (if they aren't majorly dysfunctional). Give some charity.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18776 posts
6983 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
OP, talking to people is the best thing you can do.

Whatever you do, don’t suffer in silence.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1563 posts
230 upvotes
Kitchener
Too bad Ketamine trials aren't available in Canada for depression. Would like to try that out myself.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11755 posts
1686 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Yes, I get depressed. So, I am working on trying to build resilience into my life by identifying unhealthy habits to eliminate, as well as identifying positive habits to incorporate. And, since I don't really have a support network, I just try to educate myself and have self-compassion.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5101 posts
1393 upvotes
Space
Only advice I can give you is to keep positive. Having a positive outlook on every situation helps tremendously,
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9190 posts
3591 upvotes
Toronto
Treat yourself helps.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16188 posts
1363 upvotes
Space for rent
Every day when I wake up. Its like Peter Gibbons said, every new day is worse than the last day.

I tried seeking help through my work place programs but they never responded to my email. I have trouble articulating my thoughts through verbal communication because in my head I have so many things to express but they're all jumbled together so it's a hot mess. That's why I emailed them asking for consultation and they never got back to me. You would think an organization dealing with mental health would be more responsive.

Personally I don't think everyone going through turmoil will have the presence of mind to call the crisis line. You cross a point of no return and it can be challenging to pick yourself up. Its the same with all mental illness. Even overweight people have a hard time pinpointing alexactly when they decided 3 cheeseburgers was the amount that satisfied their appetite. You have terse moment of clarity while you're staring at your food with your belly poking out wondering when the hell did I let myself go so far?

Sincerely, when you hear people say please seek help they are hoping for the best because you never know it it's still salvageable or its too late. That's why parents of mass shooters never knew how deep the hole their kids has fallen.

Its not easy but the first step is to talk to someone which you are but the next step is to talk to a professional who deals with this day in day out.