"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11755 posts
1686 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Trans Am wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:01 am
Some days I feel like I will endup in the gutter...
This is Canada. We have social assistance!
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16190 posts
1363 upvotes
Space for rent
Becks wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 4:24 pm
^ Are u getting probiotics into ur gut?
Me?

No. I should try it to see if it will lift me through the doldrums. Do you have a recommended pill? I think those yogurt with probiotics is a scam although I have not tried them as a regular dietary regime to say it is crap with any conviction.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11755 posts
1686 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I eat plain greek yogurt with frozen blueberries that I add.
Feb 11, 2018
663 posts
505 upvotes
If you can afford the time meditation could definitely change your life. 20 minutes mantra, 20 minutes rest. Twice per day. After you get up and preferably before supper. You must not eat for three hours before meditation.
Paying less is only half the equation. The other half is buying less... ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1104 posts
144 upvotes
Markham, ON
OP, how are you feeling now? Do you remember what happened two months ago that made you feel the way you did? Have you had a tougher day since that day? If you could redo that day from two months ago, how would you approach it differently.

I'm glad you had time out of your day to say you were not OK. It didn't take that much time. Your post was very short.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2637 posts
1271 upvotes
Canadia
Supercooled wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 1:15 am
Every day when I wake up. Its like Peter Gibbons said, every new day is worse than the last day.

I tried seeking help through my work place programs but they never responded to my email. I have trouble articulating my thoughts through verbal communication because in my head I have so many things to express but they're all jumbled together so it's a hot mess.
Most workplace insurance covers psychologist and counselling visits. Check into your policy coverage and make an appointment to see a registered counselling psychologist. They can help make sense of the jumbled hot mess in your head and help with additional referrals if needed. You don't need to do this alone.
Oct 24, 2009
223 posts
45 upvotes
Poppwl wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 4:14 am
OP, how are you feeling now? Do you remember what happened two months ago that made you feel the way you did? Have you had a tougher day since that day? If you could redo that day from two months ago, how would you approach it differently.

I'm glad you had time out of your day to say you were not OK. It didn't take that much time. Your post was very short.
Did anyone hear back from the OP? I hope things are better!
Penalty Box
Dec 13, 2016
1851 posts
1416 upvotes
I am so much against mental help "professionals". Before you put your life in their hands, you should be able to ask them about their lives. Most of these people are even more messed up than their patients.

You have to be honest about yourself and really pinpoint what is exactly bothering you. If you say "I'm not going to make it" but your real problem is crappy love life than you should focus on that and not lie to yourself.

Myself, ever since my divorce in 2002 I wanted to "escape" from Canada. I just find the while country depressing. Not the women, not the people....but I find I was unable to keep real friends like I had in Europe before I immigrated. So, instead of going back to my country which I considered as moving backwards, I moved to Thailand. Sometimes you have to make drastic steps to get out of the rut. In my case, it worked out ok. I found a hot Thai wife with a good job, a house that she lets me live in free of charge and I work remotely (I have a useless degree because no one told me better) and I just paid off my mortgage.

I am still slightly depressed, but at least I didn't rely on the pills to get myself out of it.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11755 posts
1686 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Welll, therapists should see therapists themselves so that they know what their own issues r.