• Aug 1st, 2007 7:42 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 5, 2006
579 posts
2 upvotes

Dermatologist

Hey,
I searched the forum and there seems to be links to listings of dermatologists but I was hoping someone could recommend me a good dermatologist that they've been to before and knows what they're doing? I would've asked my family doctor but I don't really trust him as much as I should.
I seem to have something that may or may not be a skin disease in the making or maybe some sort of bacteria I caught while I was in Asia so I wanted to get it checked out. I was looking for someone in the GTA, preferably Mississauga.

Thanks~
Share:
12 replies
Apr 19, 2005
366 posts
just go to your nearest walk in clinic right away, they'll hook u up. thats fastest/easiest i think
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9364 posts
347 upvotes
Mississauga
Dr. Karen O'Neill @ 71 King St W in Mississauga (Hwy 10/Dundas). She's awesome.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
For the mean time try a 0.5% Hydrocortisone cream which can be purchased over-counter at any pharmacy for about 5 bucks.

Also, alot of derms require a doctor's referral so you should really see your fam doc first.
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2006
579 posts
2 upvotes
damn they require a referral? *sigh*
My family used to have a family doctor but he moved back home cuz he was really pissed off at Canada for various reasons lol.
The other family doctor we had moved without telling us where he's moving to, probably cuz we barely visited him.
We ended up making our local walk-in clinic doctor sort of like our family doctor. I went through a whole treatment thing with him but now he wants me to do a liver biopsy before i take additional medication. Other doctors I've asked casually say that's ridiculous and should not have to be done for what I have.
Now the new family doctor wants me to do the same course of treatment as my walk-in doctor. First the same over-the-counter medication, then prescription...it'll take at least a year before I can convince him to let me go to a dermatologist :(
Talamasca wrote:Dr. Karen O'Neill @ 71 King St W in Mississauga (Hwy 10/Dundas). She's awesome.
Does she require a referral? If not, can you PM or post her # so I can make an appointment?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
ronny1980 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2007 10:49 pm
For the mean time try a 0.5% Hydrocortisone cream which can be purchased over-counter at any pharmacy for about 5 bucks.

Also, alot of derms require a doctor's referral so you should really see your fam doc first.
I thought Cortisone cream was for inflamation and not infection.
At least what I was told.

if it is a skin infection u can probably buy some antiseptic cream at the store or something.

I know I have had to wait over 1 year before for a follow up apt, and then at another place 2 weeks- so it depends where u go i think.
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
pacman99 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2007 12:28 am
damn they require a referral? *sigh*
My family used to have a family doctor but he moved back home cuz he was really pissed off at Canada for various reasons lol.
The other family doctor we had moved without telling us where he's moving to, probably cuz we barely visited him.
We ended up making our local walk-in clinic doctor sort of like our family doctor. I went through a whole treatment thing with him but now he wants me to do a liver biopsy before i take additional medication. Other doctors I've asked casually say that's ridiculous and should not have to be done for what I have.
Now the new family doctor wants me to do the same course of treatment as my walk-in doctor. First the same over-the-counter medication, then prescription...it'll take at least a year before I can convince him to let me go to a dermatologist :(

Does she require a referral? If not, can you PM or post her # so I can make an appointment?
Hwy10 and Queensway.

Theres a walkin clinic there that has a dermatologist, no referral needed. I believe they close 11pm.
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3810 posts
46 upvotes
Hi there,

Like on the Seinfeld episode, they'll just tell you to put some Aloe on it :lol:

Julie-on...
You're not funny.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3680 posts
266 upvotes
I'd strongly suggest a tropical disease clinic first if you believe it was from your recent trip. They will know what to look for, and can also refer you as necessary. I don't know any specific locations in TO where one can be found, but I'm sure if you call a hospital they can help you (or google).
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
Aug 22, 2003
15532 posts
957 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Geez, I hope you're not contagious!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9364 posts
347 upvotes
Mississauga
pacman99 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2007 12:28 am
No, she needs a referral. Waiting time for an appointment is about a month.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2006
579 posts
2 upvotes
lol no i'm not contagious. It's just dandruff that refuses to go away that's all.
I guess I'll have to go get that referral then. I'll just have to insist I want to see a dermatologist or something and have them give me a referral.
Or maybe I'll try that walkin

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
pacman99 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2007 1:15 pm
lol no i'm not contagious. It's just dandruff that refuses to go away that's all.
I guess I'll have to go get that referral then. I'll just have to insist I want to see a dermatologist or something and have them give me a referral.
Or maybe I'll try that walkin

Thanks!
Haha. So this is for Dandruff?

Try:

Good luck Dandruff boy.
× < >