Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes

The designated action figures thread

Lately, I've been hooked on buying adult collectible action figures ever since I imported those Revoltech Ninja Turtles figurines and I haven't stopped buying them. I felt that RFD really needs an all emcompassing thread on action figures. Surely, there are other collectors out there who buy stuff coming from companies like Kaiyodo, Tamashi Nations, Hot Toys and many others.

I, personally, haven't dipped into the sixth scale figurines yet but have been eyeing on a few. Anyway, I just got that Broly figurine in the mail today and it is absolutely huge!!! Wished I started this collection years ago so I could get out of print figurines like Trunks which is worth more than $400 in the resellers market nowadays.
636 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10562 posts
579 upvotes
Scarborough
You don't want to get into this hobby.

It gets out of control quick. Buying one figure leads to buying another. Then comes space and whether things will stay in the packaging. I have purchased a few here and there but always have to implement self-control otherwise spending goes nuts.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2014 1:34 am
You don't want to get into this hobby.

It gets out of control quick. Buying one figure leads to buying another. Then comes space and whether things will stay in the packaging. I have purchased a few here and there but always have to implement self-control otherwise spending goes nuts.
Easy come, easy go!
I'll just sell a few to get more space. Friend of mine is tempted to buy that floating Iron Man figure. I've seen videos of it. It really floats! Good thing I am not interested in those Egg Attack figures. I woulda bought that instantly.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10562 posts
579 upvotes
Scarborough
I own a Figuarts Red Ranger, Kaiyodo Spiderman and Iron Man. Most of my other stuff is Gundam which I have to bulid.

If you are okay with it I would recommend amiami and look up their pre-owned products. Sometimes they can get cheap there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2014 12:50 pm
I own a Figuarts Red Ranger, Kaiyodo Spiderman and Iron Man. Most of my other stuff is Gundam which I have to bulid.

If you are okay with it I would recommend amiami and look up their pre-owned products. Sometimes they can get cheap there.
I was tempted to buy that new mafex Spiderman figure but then i hear there is a deluxe edition of it that got delayed so I'm holding onto that thought for now.

I'm practically a regular customer on amiami. But an occasional hobbylink customer as well. I leave bigbadtoystore as a last resort since they don't seem to have discounts all the time. Hobbylink Japan had a christmas sale last week. Picked up that sh figuarts michael jackson for 20 bucks.

I regretted buying Revoltech's Ironman mk 7. I'm not satisfied in its leg articulation since its hip doesn't go all the way up, making it difficult to do that famous crash landing pose. That figma Ironman mk7 on the hand...is a whole different ball park.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
415 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
jenviea wrote:
Jan 24th, 2015 12:24 pm
Silver Snail got a shipment of nostalgia Captain Canuck mego style figs

[IMG]https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=556ADFC0[/IMG]

http://www.silversnail.com/events/?m=1& ... st=1#ID540

Also Winter Sucks sale

[IMG]http://www.silversnail.com/assets/image ... 266945.jpg[/IMG]
Did anyone go? How was the sale?

I find that Silver Snail prices for most items can be had for cheaper at other comic book stores in the GTA, if you're willing to drive/get to them. Is it cuz Silver Snail is located downtown so they mark up their prices are bit more to make the rent?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
ive bought a few from sideshowtoy. you are looking at $200-500 a statue though for most, but well worth the money if you can afford it. the statues they have are so beautiful and detailed. and yes its true this hobby can become very addicting lol. also check out http://www.first4figures.com as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5545 posts
1241 upvotes
I use to collect McFarlane figures but since they stopped producing the 7" figures and only do 5" and Sports Picks, I just keep to Revoltech and figma. Not an action figure but I also collection 1:18 diecast cars. LOVE AUTOart.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
I finally got my first sixth scale figure last weekend at Toys Square in First Markham Place. It's Bruce Lee in suit! Even my mom (who'd typically think it's a waste of money) was impressed by the fabric used to make the suit. Now I'm considering in buying the one in the casual clothing.

On another note, I posted a pic of Bruce Lee sitting next to Woody (in same pose with creepy face) on my instagram page and the guys at Hot Toys instantly "liked" the pic, lol!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
Picked up this bad boy from Sideshow Collectibles!

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ti ... ceyimq.jpg[/IMG]

My quick thoughts on Striding Cloud?

Head sculpt pretty true to the comics. Hair seems nice layered. The added qilin arm and rubbery material to cover up the elbow joint was a nice touch. Sword is diecast metal, very solid weight but thankfully, the arms are strong enough to support its weight. Diorama base looks incredible and the figure stand is strong enough to stamd overall weight. Not a bad figurine!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
Just heard Hot Toys confirming the msrp for their sixth scale hulkbuster figure. $5100 hkd ($820 cdn). Gonna be a hefty one for shipping from sideshow collectibles and their insistence in using fedex. Especially with their mandatory customs charges.

Who's buying this?