• Nov 18th, 2017 8:33 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up a Soap Reactor to light up my Hulkbuster (whenever it arrives) and Mark 43. I wish these were available locally.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1270 posts
190 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 7:10 am
I picked up a Soap Reactor to light up my Hulkbuster (whenever it arrives) and Mark 43. I wish these were available locally.
How much did you pay for the soap reactor, and where?

I found it too expensive online, so I built a DIY version of the soap to light up all my figures. Currently adding a controller to play with the lighting effects as well.

As for HB, I'm just keeping my eye out on Kijiji in hopes that something comes up for a decent price.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 10:07 am
How much did you pay for the soap reactor, and where?

I found it too expensive online, so I built a DIY version of the soap to light up all my figures. Currently adding a controller to play with the lighting effects as well.

As for HB, I'm just keeping my eye out on Kijiji in hopes that something comes up for a decent price.
In my opinion, I paid a lot for a bunch of wires and a couple of power supplies...$280 USD, shipped to mail forwarding service in Buffalo. I tried a DIY solution for my Megatron, but I didn't like how thick the wires were, plus I also like the remote control feature that comes with the Soap Reactor. I emailed them directly. Their website says that Bluefin Distributing is the North American distributor, but I couldn't find anything on their website.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1270 posts
190 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:09 pm
In my opinion, I paid a lot for a bunch of wires and a couple of power supplies...$280 USD, shipped to mail forwarding service in Buffalo. I tried a DIY solution for my Megatron, but I didn't like how thick the wires were, plus I also like the remote control feature that comes with the Soap Reactor. I emailed them directly. Their website says that Bluefin Distributing is the North American distributor, but I couldn't find anything on their website.
Wow that is pricey! I know what you mean about the wire sizes, I had to try a few types of wire gauge before finding the right size I liked. I also made the "dongles" for the battery slots so I don't have to solder wires to the figures directly. Took a bit of work but I guess I get to save some money.

I'm looking to pick up the ThreeA Optimus, any opinions on him? I saw him at a store and I fell in love with how awesome it looks.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:29 pm
Wow that is pricey! I know what you mean about the wire sizes, I had to try a few types of wire gauge before finding the right size I liked. I also made the "dongles" for the battery slots so I don't have to solder wires to the figures directly. Took a bit of work but I guess I get to save some money.

I'm looking to pick up the ThreeA Optimus, any opinions on him? I saw him at a store and I fell in love with how awesome it looks.
Do it!

I have the DOTM Optimus Prime, it's really nice, even better if you can get the tri-blaster (either the original/exclusive or if you pick up a 3D printed version), it just completes the figure. Some of the small pieces that are on ball joints tend to pop off quite easily when you try to pose him, but it's more of an annoyance than a fault. It always feels like you are going to break something when you decide to move the limbs. At least on this version, there are twice as many light up features than on the DOTM Megatron (lol!). The Evasion version is nice too, if you like rust. Different chest piece. Oddly, that one comes with the tri-gun and the two blades are the Bambaland exclusive; the reverse of the DOTM Prime.

The TLK Optimus Prime is really nice as well, it too bad I absolutely hated the movie.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1270 posts
190 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:55 pm
Do it!

I have the DOTM Optimus Prime, it's really nice, even better if you can get the tri-blaster (either the original/exclusive or if you pick up a 3D printed version), it just completes the figure. Some of the small pieces that are on ball joints tend to pop off quite easily when you try to pose him, but it's more of an annoyance than a fault. It always feels like you are going to break something when you decide to move the limbs. At least on this version, there are twice as many light up features than on the DOTM Megatron (lol!). The Evasion version is nice too, if you like rust. Different chest piece. Oddly, that one comes with the tri-gun and the two blades are the Bambaland exclusive; the reverse of the DOTM Prime.

The TLK Optimus Prime is really nice as well, it too bad I absolutely hated the movie.
Oh thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that they swapped the weapons on each version. That's annoying. I think I like the DOTM version better than the evasion one. And don't get me started on that piece of crap TLK...

What's a fair price to pay for DOTM Op anyways? eBay prices fluctuate wildly for him.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 1:03 pm
Oh thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that they swapped the weapons on each version. That's annoying. I think I like the DOTM version better than the evasion one. And don't get me started on that piece of crap TLK...

What's a fair price to pay for DOTM Op anyways? eBay prices fluctuate wildly for him.
I don't know how much a DOTM Op would be, sorry. The only thing I can say is that there is a guy located in Richmond Hill who posted for sale, two ThreeA transformers figures, Starscream and Bumblebee, $350 CDN and $600 CDN, respectively. He is trying to finance the purchase of a Lockdown statue. Taking a guess, I would think that DOTM Op would be somewhere in the middle.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1270 posts
190 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 2:34 pm
I don't know how much a DOTM Op would be, sorry. The only thing I can say is that there is a guy located in Richmond Hill who posted for sale, two ThreeA transformers figures, Starscream and Bumblebee, $350 CDN and $600 CDN, respectively. He is trying to finance the purchase of a Lockdown statue. Taking a guess, I would think that DOTM Op would be somewhere in the middle.
Thanks! I might pull the trigger this weekend. Problem will be finding room to display him...
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11691 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
hey guys, those that pre-ordered the hulkbuster - are you guys getting shipped to PO box in states and picking it up?

How much is sideshow charging for shipping for this guy?
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1334 posts
87 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 12:26 am
hey guys, those that pre-ordered the hulkbuster - are you guys getting shipped to PO box in states and picking it up?

How much is sideshow charging for shipping for this guy?
Like 50 bucks American for shipping
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Yup, $44.09 from Sideshow Toy shipped to Buffalo.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1270 posts
190 upvotes
Aquaman preorder released today. I'm not liking it, the suit looks very, very restrictive. I think I'll wait for his solo movie release where hopefully they'll improve on the suit.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1334 posts
87 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 6:25 am
Yup, $44.09 from Sideshow Toy shipped to Buffalo.
I checked again and shipping costs $56.70 to Toronto.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
tinlun wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:09 pm
I checked again and shipping costs $56.70 to Toronto.
either way, not bad for such a large and heavy item!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1334 posts
87 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:56 pm
either way, not bad for such a large and heavy item!
That's in American dollars. Custom charges not included.