None
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
tinlun wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:57 pm
That's in American dollars. Custom charges not included.
I know.

Put it this way, my Ghost Rider arrived from SSC at my mail forwarding address in Buffalo, it cost $20.24USD to ship via UPS and that's a 4lb box versus the HB's approximate 45lb shipping weight and at least 4x the volume.

Interestingly, UPS or Sideshow didn't declare a value on the GR, so I had to declare one myself...I wonder if that will be the case when the HB arrives...hmm... :)
Last edited by Broli's Mom on Oct 20th, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
That's not bad for shipping to Toronto from US. I thought this would cost close to 100 bucks for shipping.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
Sideshow really needs to consider opening a Canadian facility so they can ship to Canadians at a cheaper rate.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 5:03 pm
Sideshow really needs to consider opening a Canadian facility so they can ship to Canadians at a cheaper rate.
They probably don't want to spend the money on having a footprint in Canada. They're more than happy to have Canadian wholesalers do the dirty work while still getting their cut.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11691 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
i think even if they open one here, the price won't be that great with the dollar.

when you guys cross back, do you fully declare your stuff?
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:59 pm
I know.

Put it this way, my Ghost Rider arrived from SSC at my mail forwarding address in Buffalo, it cost $20.24USD to ship via UPS and that's a 4lb box versus the HB's approximate 45lb shipping weight and at least 4x the volume.

Interestingly, UPS or Sideshow didn't declare a value on the GR, so I had to declare one myself...I wonder if that will be the case when the HB arrives...hmm... :)
You used cross border pickup? How much did you declare the GR? I want to see how far I can push haha. Also, does Sideshow normally declare the value on packages shipped within US?

Oh one more thing, where can the ThreeA Optimus gun be bought?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 10:16 am
You used cross border pickup? How much did you declare the GR? I want to see how far I can push haha. Also, does Sideshow normally declare the value on packages shipped within US?

Oh one more thing, where can the ThreeA Optimus gun be bought?
I declared $200 USD for GR, I have to pay $33.28 in taxes, plus CBP’s small pickup fee. BBTS declared the full value on my HT Hulk figure, shipped to CBP in Buffalo.

I picked up a 3D printed ThreeA OP replica tri-gun through Shapeways. It cost over $100 CDN and was unpainted, but it fits perfectly and completes the figure. Search for “tri-gun” on their site.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:15 am
I declared $200 USD for GR, I have to pay $33.28 in taxes, plus CBP’s small pickup fee. BBTS declared the full value on my HT Hulk figure, shipped to CBP in Buffalo.

I picked up a 3D printed ThreeA OP replica tri-gun through Shapeways. It cost over $100 CDN and was unpainted, but it fits perfectly and completes the figure. Search for “tri-gun” on their site.
When the HB comes in, try saying it's only 200 bucks too and see if you can get away with it.

Damn the gun is unpainted? Man. I can't believe they didn't include the gun in the normal release, that's so annoying!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:25 am
When the HB comes in, try saying it's only 200 bucks too and see if you can get away with it.

Damn the gun is unpainted? Man. I can't believe they didn't include the gun in the normal release, that's so annoying!
Definitely doing the same!

Painting is the fun part! You can make it your own.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/HTSMV ... li=ostatus
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1414 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:44 am
Haha thanks for the link, I might end up getting that.
If you don't have any acrylic paints hanging around, they're a bit cheaper at Toy2 than where I bought them, Hero's World.

Aznkid2000 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 11:31 pm
i think even if they open one here, the price won't be that great with the dollar.

when you guys cross back, do you fully declare your stuff?
I use a forwarder who has a warehouse in Buffalo, I have my items shipped there and they bring them to their warehouse in Mississauga, and I pick up my items there. They charge a nominal fee to transport them over and they collect the tax on the declared value of the item. Depending on where I purchased my items from, the store may have already placed a declared value on the item (BBTS) or I will have declare a value (SSC) when it arrives at the facility in Buffalo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
Anyone seen those Dragon Ball Super (Dragon Stars) figures in Toronto yet? Looked all over Walmart and none of them have it in stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 8:58 pm
Anyone seen those Dragon Ball Super (Dragon Stars) figures in Toronto yet? Looked all over Walmart and none of them have it in stock.
Haven't seen any db figures in Walmart, what do they look like?
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1335 posts
87 upvotes
Well...Finally made final payment for hot toys hulkbuster. Hope the customs charges stay low. And apparently, it appears they now ship thru dhl.