None
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1412 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
tinlun wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:40 am
Weren't there a special edition with a different torso when this first came out?
Yes, the deluxe version has two torso and two headsculpts (one with an open mouth roar and a one with a gritted teeth). The good thing with the deluxe version is that you can always pick up the posed legs on eBay so you can have two AOU Hulks in your collection. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:00 pm
Yes, the deluxe version has two torso and two headsculpts (one with an open mouth roar and a one with a gritted teeth). The good thing with the deluxe version is that you can always pick up the posed legs on eBay so you can have two AOU Hulks in your collection. :)
Interesting, I didn't know they were selling posed legs. I will have to check that out, thanks.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Got the Suicide Squad Joker (Purple Jacket) and Terminator Salvation Endoskeleton delivered today. Can't wait to go home to open these guys up!

Also, I picked up the Ultron Mark I on the weekend, and I LOVE how he looks. There's so much detail to him, and I'm surprised that he is so sturdy even with the "damaged" parts. Now I need to find a cheap Ultron Prime...
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1333 posts
87 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:00 pm
I'll have to financially recover from the Hulkbuster before I decide to nab this.

Speaking of which, the sh figuarts star wars the last Jedi have started to pop up in Japan. I just paid for the kylo ren figure. No plans to buy those red guards yet since they're all just the same figures but with different weapons.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:53 pm
I'll have to financially recover from the Hulkbuster before I decide to nab this.

Speaking of which, the sh figuarts star wars the last Jedi have started to pop up in Japan. I just paid for the kylo ren figure. No plans to buy those red guards yet since they're all just the same figures but with different weapons.
Those new red guards just don't do it for me, I still prefer the look of the Royal Guards. I do hope they get to fight in "The Last Jedi" though, I'd love to see them in action.

And tinlun, I was in Osaka recently and some of the toy stores there had big displays of SH figures in amazing looking fight poses. Wish I could find the picture to show you, but man, I couldn't help myself and bought a couple after seeing the displays.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1412 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
My HB and Han Solo in Carbonite are available for pick-up. SSC didn’t declare a value on the invoices, so I was asked to declare a value for taxes. I have to pay $58 for both, plus $24 in delivery charges.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:17 pm
My HB and Han Solo in Carbonite are available for pick-up. SSC didn’t declare a value on the invoices, so I was asked to declare a value for taxes. I have to pay $58 for both, plus $24 in delivery charges.
Hahahahaha awesome congrats! What a steal. :)
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Cracked open the SS Joker with purple jacket. He actually looks better than I expected with all the tattoos. However, I absolutely hate the fact that i can't put his jacket on. Even though I tried wrapping up the arms and back before putting on the jacket, I'm super paranoid that I missed a spot and will stain. Now I'm just hoping a third party will reproduce a proper jacket for him.

Also picked up a Terminator Genesys Endoskeleton for cheap, 175 bucks. Although he's much lighter than I expected, he looks amazing with the chrome all over.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1412 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 11:42 pm
Cracked open the SS Joker with purple jacket. He actually looks better than I expected with all the tattoos. However, I absolutely hate the fact that i can't put his jacket on. Even though I tried wrapping up the arms and back before putting on the jacket, I'm super paranoid that I missed a spot and will stain. Now I'm just hoping a third party will reproduce a proper jacket for him.

Also picked up a Terminator Genesys Endoskeleton for cheap, 175 bucks. Although he's much lighter than I expected, he looks amazing with the chrome all over.
There's a YouTube video explaining that the staining is due to the excessive use of dye in the jacket. IIRC, he washed or soaked the jacket in some water, let it dry naturally and the staining (may have?) stopped.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 6:45 am
There's a YouTube video explaining that the staining is due to the excessive use of dye in the jacket. IIRC, he washed or soaked the jacket in some water, let it dry naturally and the staining (may have?) stopped.
I read about the washing part but I don't trust myself to do it properly. For the price they're charging, hot toys should do proper QA on this. Argh!
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1333 posts
87 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:07 pm
Those new red guards just don't do it for me, I still prefer the look of the Royal Guards. I do hope they get to fight in "The Last Jedi" though, I'd love to see them in action.

And tinlun, I was in Osaka recently and some of the toy stores there had big displays of SH figures in amazing looking fight poses. Wish I could find the picture to show you, but man, I couldn't help myself and bought a couple after seeing the displays.
The Praetorian Guards look fine. Just that I don't feel the need to buy five of them each with a different weapon. I saw d-amazing's review and they look fine.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1412 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
I spent a couple of hours wiring up the HB to the Soap Reactor. I only broke on small piece from the HB while I was removing the arm guard (?) on the left hand. The remote feature works fine and is a nice feature; now, I just have to clean up all of the wires.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1262 posts
187 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 2:23 pm
I spent a couple of hours wiring up the HB to the Soap Reactor. I only broke on small piece from the HB while I was removing the arm guard (?) on the left hand. The remote feature works fine and is a nice feature; now, I just have to clean up all of the wires.
Hey Broli, do you have a close up pic of the cylindrical piece that you put into the battery compartment and the metal contacts? I want to see how that looks but I can't find any good photos of it online.
Baaaaaaaaa!