Entertainment

The designated action figures thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2019 12:30 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
12125 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
does Toys2 have boxing sale? I don't see anything on there website this morning.

I feel like this might be his man cave/money laundering place. Lol at the sh figuarts hulkbuster for 550$
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure


3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1920 posts
230 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote: does Toys2 have boxing sale? I don't see anything on there website this morning.

I feel like this might be his man cave/money laundering place. Lol at the sh figuarts hulkbuster for 550$
It might just be. He always seem disappointed when he makes a sale.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
1573 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
When I visited him before Christmas, I asked him about having a Boxing Day sale, he said he was going to take the family up north for some outdoor activities. He might be open today.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
12125 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know where to get the play arts deadpool for good price?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure


3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
1573 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
I thought the diecast mark 2 would be my last Iron Man figure, and it's a good thing I didn't preorder it because Hot Toys just dropped a bomb when they announced a diecast mark 4 with the gantry. Wow, what a set! Thank goodness Sideshow has the option of making 8 installments. Now I just have to wait for the points from my Hulkbuster to convert.

Also, with Sideshow just releasing the Spiderman Homecoming, Sideshow has yet to take any installments since they had an ETA of July 2018; their payment plan was supposed to start in April 2018. Oddly, the DX16 Jack Sparrow is almost paid off (one payment left) but there is no word as to when that will be released.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
689 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote: I thought the diecast mark 2 would be my last Iron Man figure, and it's a good thing I didn't preorder it because Hot Toys just dropped a bomb when they announced a diecast mark 4 with the gantry. Wow, what a set! Thank goodness Sideshow has the option of making 8 installments. Now I just have to wait for the points from my Hulkbuster to convert.

Also, with Sideshow just releasing the Spiderman Homecoming, Sideshow has yet to take any installments since they had an ETA of July 2018; their payment plan was supposed to start in April 2018. Oddly, the DX16 Jack Sparrow is almost paid off (one payment left) but there is no word as to when that will be released.
Interesting that there's no option to just buy the gantry, forcing everyone to buy the whole set if they want the gantry. Still, the whole set is 800 bucks Canadian.....damn.

I have the gantry so I'm going to pass on this one. I can see much differences between the two releases.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1920 posts
230 upvotes
As tempting as that Mk 6 is with that gantry set, I'm gonna pass. Still recovering from Hulkbuster and I'm waiting to see the inevitable Iron Man suit in the Infinity Wars.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 26, 2007
1573 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
I went to Anime Extreme the other day, they have one HB available...$1400.

But aside from the obvious price gouging on the HB, their prices on other items were on par other Toronto retailers. They had a PAK Deadpool (X-Force edition) for $180. I was tempted to get that, but I was after the Rogue Sandtrooper (TK14057).
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1694 posts
610 upvotes
Montreal, QC
tinlun wrote: I hear people are laughing at the prices again.
On the other hand, check Amazon.ca for amazing prices on sh figuarts figures. Bought the shf Shenron for like 70 bucks. More than half price discount on this ginormous thing. Shf beerus is now at less than $30.
tell me about it. bought Nappa and Beerus but didn't jump on Shenron. should have gotten Shenron. prices were falling like crazy just before BD only to go back to regular price on the 26th..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
689 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote: I went to Anime Extreme the other day, they have one HB available...$1400.

But aside from the obvious price gouging on the HB, their prices on other items were on par other Toronto retailers. They had a PAK Deadpool (X-Force edition) for $180. I was tempted to get that, but I was after the Rogue Sandtrooper (TK14057).
Yikes, $1400 before taxes? Damn that's pricey. I still need to track one down for a reasonable price.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1920 posts
230 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: tell me about it. bought Nappa and Beerus but didn't jump on Shenron. should have gotten Shenron. prices were falling like crazy just before BD only to go back to regular price on the 26th..
I got Shenron at half price thru Amazon.ca over the holidays. Beerus was really cheap during their sale too.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
12125 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
know anyone selling the hulkbuster? still looking for one
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure


3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm

Top