Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1938 posts
342 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 7:17 pm
Hasbro is crowdfunding a four foot long Jabba Sail Barge (for US residents) with a threshold of 5000 backers at $500 plus tax

https://www.hasbrolab.com
This is really cool. I hope Hasbro attempts to crowdsource for other big items that would never be available in stores.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1938 posts
342 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 7:54 pm
So apparently, next in line Revoltech's Amazing Yamaguchi figure line is none other than Batman. I'm actually kinda surprised they're switching on to DC Comics properties now. Kinda hoping for more X-Men.

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?m ... 2&mobile=2
That Batman looks really good. Is it confirmed that they aren't doing any more Marvel figures? I've been meaning to get the Gwen.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1625 posts
144 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 12:19 am
That Batman looks really good. Is it confirmed that they aren't doing any more Marvel figures? I've been meaning to get the Gwen.
I think they'll make more Marvel stuff especially if they're selling well enough for reissues. Amecomi is short for American comics. There's a repainted Deadpool coming soon as well. This time, it's the X-Force version.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1625 posts
144 upvotes

Dr. Strange looks exactly the same as the recently released one. I might actually skip this one. I don't see Ironman's Tinkerbell wings. Will probably get it anyway. Bucky, I'm getting. Black Widow, I'm getting. Want Black Panther but again, it's web exclusive. Iron Spider, skipping. Cap, maybe. Looks different enough. Starlord, most likely. It's gonna be a busy summer.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1938 posts
342 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 6:27 pm

Dr. Strange looks exactly the same as the recently released one. I might actually skip this one. I don't see Ironman's Tinkerbell wings. Will probably get it anyway. Bucky, I'm getting. Black Widow, I'm getting. Want Black Panther but again, it's web exclusive. Iron Spider, skipping. Cap, maybe. Looks different enough. Starlord, most likely. It's gonna be a busy summer.
I like the Thanos!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9959 posts
2187 upvotes
Toronto
A few weeks back Hasbro announced a new crowdfunding initiative wherein Star Wars toys unlikely for mass production could be made in limited quantities *if* they were able to garner enough pre-orders

It was revealed today on the official site that Canadians can pre-order

www.starwars.com/news/thank-the-maker-h ... ge-to-life

They need 5000 pre-orders and they're less than half way there with less than a month to go

http://www.hasbrolab.com
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1500 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
I am in the Philippines right now and have started hunting around. I have already picked up a box of Tamashii Nations Burning Flame Effects for about $35 which I intend to use with my Hot Toys Dr Strange or Ghost Rider.

Most things are overpriced here, but there are some things, like the Three A Getter Robo (red version) for $387 (rather than of $499 at Animextreme). The same store also had a Three A Starscream for $600 and the Blitzway Ghostbusters 4 pack, but I didn't inquire about the price, besides, the boxes for those last two are too big to bring on an airplane. I also found a Vader/Tarkin boxset, Tarkin, Hoth Leia, Stormtrooper disguise Han Solo and an Iron Man Mark 6 die cast (special edition?); all somewhat overpriced. I am going to check out another place today before heading to Hong Kong later in the week, where I can hopefully pick up something special, if not, I will pick up the Getter Robo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1625 posts
144 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 10:06 pm
I am in the Philippines right now and have started hunting around. I have already picked up a box of Tamashii Nations Burning Flame Effects for about $35 which I intend to use with my Hot Toys Dr Strange or Ghost Rider.

Most things are overpriced here, but there are some things, like the Three A Getter Robo (red version) for $387 (rather than of $499 at Animextreme). The same store also had a Three A Starscream for $600 and the Blitzway Ghostbusters 4 pack, but I didn't inquire about the price, besides, the boxes for those last two are too big to bring on an airplane. I also found a Vader/Tarkin boxset, Tarkin, Hoth Leia, Stormtrooper disguise Han Solo and an Iron Man Mark 6 die cast (special edition?); all somewhat overpriced. I am going to check out another place today before heading to Hong Kong later in the week, where I can hopefully pick up something special, if not, I will pick up the Getter Robo.

Might as well save some of that cash for your Hong Kong trip since Secret Base is there. I haven't bought any figures for most of this month so far. Last things I got were shf akuma and Revoltech Captain America. Pretty got all the Revoltech Amecomi collection except for Spider Gwen. These have been awesome so far. Only gripe is Magneto and his overbearing articulated cape.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1500 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
My first trip to Toy Hunters was a bust because they had closed for the weekend to help the Hot Toys staff at an Avengers Infinity War display at a local mall. The second trip was also a bust, they were open, but I didn't end up buying anything since there wasn't anything that they had that interested me. The other stores in the CTMA Centre and Sino Centre (even the HK airport!) had other interesting figures...I was tempted to buy the battle damaged King Arts Hulkbuster at the airport until I computed the exchange rate.

It also took a couple of attempts for me to find Hot Toys Secret Base, the number of figures on display was quite impressive, I would have stayed much longer if I could. Sadly, I wasn't able to go to the Soap Studio store.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1938 posts
342 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 9:35 pm
My first trip to Toy Hunters was a bust because they had closed for the weekend to help the Hot Toys staff at an Avengers Infinity War display at a local mall. The second trip was also a bust, they were open, but I didn't end up buying anything since there wasn't anything that they had that interested me. The other stores in the CTMA Centre and Sino Centre (even the HK airport!) had other interesting figures...I was tempted to buy the battle damaged King Arts Hulkbuster at the airport until I computed the exchange rate.

It also took a couple of attempts for me to find Hot Toys Secret Base, the number of figures on display was quite impressive, I would have stayed much longer if I could. Sadly, I wasn't able to go to the Soap Studio store.
Nice! A visit to Secret Base is a must when you're in town.

Anyone see the latest releases like Iron Spidey and Hulkbuster 2.0? The Iron Spidey looks awful with that suit material that they're using again, and it's missing the suit lights other than the eyes. And Hulkbuster 2.0 is Power Pose. :(. Hard passes for me.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1500 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 1:18 pm
Nice! A visit to Secret Base is a must when you're in town.

Anyone see the latest releases like Iron Spidey and Hulkbuster 2.0? The Iron Spidey looks awful with that suit material that they're using again, and it's missing the suit lights other than the eyes. And Hulkbuster 2.0 is Power Pose. :(. Hard passes for me.
I saw the HT display at Festival Walk in HK where they had prototypes of the figures on display. The new HB was quite impressive, but still a pass for me since it is a PP figure. Hopefully they will use a single power input to power all of the LEDs in the final product like in the prototype.

The Iron Spider is quite impressive. After seeing it on display my wife has given me the go ahead to pre-order it and the mark 50.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1625 posts
144 upvotes
Owning the first Hot Toys Hulkbuster myself, I'd say having Hulkbuster mk2 as a Power Pose figure is more than adequate enough. Maneuvering the legs on Hulkbuster mk1 is a real chore.