Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 1:57 pm
Oh no taxes on SAL? Nice thanks for the heads up. How does SAL compare to EMS in terms of cost and speed?
From my experience, SAL registered does not incur taxes (that or I've been hella lucky every time).

Shipping cost is WAY less than EMS BUT it does take significantly longer for the product to arrive. Where EMS will arrive within a week, SAL registered will take 3-4 times that at most. Also bare in mind SAL registered is only insured up to I think 8000 yen should the package get lost or damaged.

I have ordered anything from small figma figures to large AUTOart 1/18 cars from amiami and never had any problems being taxed or lost. However, both times I tried EMS, I got taxed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
Also, here's the size comparison of MP Primal vs. MP Megatron:

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1768 posts
302 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:47 pm
Also, here's the size comparison of MP Primal vs. MP Megatron:

HAHA I saw that on tfw2005 too, love that pic. Megs scale looks alright.

Man, at this rate, it's going to take until 2025 before we can get the entire set of season 1 Maximals and Predacons. Give us a Rhinox soon PLEASE!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:17 pm
HAHA I saw that on tfw2005 too, love that pic. Megs scale looks alright.

Man, at this rate, it's going to take until 2025 before we can get the entire set of season 1 Maximals and Predacons. Give us a Rhinox soon PLEASE!
On the bright side, at least we know Megatron will be the ceiling of where the BW MP price will go seeing as he's the largest one. Rhinox or Rattrap would be great. There's a Voyager Class Rhinox that came out a few years ago that's pretty decent.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1768 posts
302 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:19 am
On the bright side, at least we know Megatron will be the ceiling of where the BW MP price will go seeing as he's the largest one. Rhinox or Rattrap would be great. There's a Voyager Class Rhinox that came out a few years ago that's pretty decent.
Unless they make Rampage or TM2 Megs, I *think* they are bigger in scale. But ya, I'm really hoping this is the highest they will price a BW MP.

I have the Voyager Rhinox and while it's way better than the original Rhinox release, it's still very lacking. The guns are a disappointment, he's way too short, and the limbs are too loose to actually pose with. Still, I've got him and Rattrap posing with MP Primal and Cheetor, and the Legends Blackarachnia.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:14 pm
Unless they make Rampage or TM2 Megs, I *think* they are bigger in scale. But ya, I'm really hoping this is the highest they will price a BW MP.

I have the Voyager Rhinox and while it's way better than the original Rhinox release, it's still very lacking. The guns are a disappointment, he's way too short, and the limbs are too loose to actually pose with. Still, I've got him and Rattrap posing with MP Primal and Cheetor, and the Legends Blackarachnia.
Sorry I should have specified Megs is biggest from Season 1.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1768 posts
302 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:06 pm
Sorry I should have specified Megs is biggest from Season 1.
Man, all this talk about BW MP makes me want all the BW characters to get the MP treatment. I really do hope they get to TM and TM2 Megs, Rampage, and Optimal Optimus. These make sense since Takara loves their repaints, which means we'll be getting Cryotek and Primal Prime. :)
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 4:45 pm
Man, all this talk about BW MP makes me want all the BW characters to get the MP treatment. I really do hope they get to TM and TM2 Megs, Rampage, and Optimal Optimus. These make sense since Takara loves their repaints, which means we'll be getting Cryotek and Primal Prime. :)
There's a lot of excited TF collectors on other forums that want the entire Beast Wars season 1 line up in MP form. I got Optimus Primal, Cheetor so far with Dinobot on the way and now Megs pre-ordered. I'd love to see at the very least the rest of the Maximals done (Rhinox and Rattrap). Predacons might be a bit harder since Terrasaur and Scorponok had matter shifting transformations. Then again, Takara works magic with their MP line so let's see what happens!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1768 posts
302 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 5:02 pm
There's a lot of excited TF collectors on other forums that want the entire Beast Wars season 1 line up in MP form. I got Optimus Primal, Cheetor so far with Dinobot on the way and now Megs pre-ordered. I'd love to see at the very least the rest of the Maximals done (Rhinox and Rattrap). Predacons might be a bit harder since Terrasaur and Scorponok had matter shifting transformations. Then again, Takara works magic with their MP line so let's see what happens!
Don't forget Airrazor and Tigatron!
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:27 pm
Don't forget Airrazor and Tigatron!
Tigatron should be easy since it's pretty close to Cheetor.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5911 posts
1445 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 12:32 pm
BW MP Megs might be getting US release!

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/12/mast ... ase-367286

However, price is pretty much the same.
I think it's still better to order from amiami.

US listing: $319 US = $419.81 CDN (based on current ex. rates)
amiami listing: 26670 yen = $312.52 CDN (based on current ex. rates)
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:59 pm
How big is the Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron?

That's MP Optimus Primal on his face.

That's him in prototype form next to production Dinobot.

Top left you can see Megatron compared to Primal and Dinobot.
Last edited by BluePhirePB on Jul 13th, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.