The designated action figures thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 7:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
690 upvotes
tinlun wrote: The preorders on neca's website was gone like instantly.
Where is everyone trying to pre-order the Turtles? I'm thinking of getting a set too.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6411 posts
1913 upvotes
tinlun wrote: The preorders on neca's website was gone like instantly.
That plus they only shipped within USA.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1574 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote: I think I'm going with the speeder version, I don't want to regret not getting it. Four versions:
- Maul
- Maul with hologram
- Maul with Speeder
- Maul with Speeder and hologram

I don't really care for the hologram....but DAAAAMN this one is pricey. And don't even get me started on the War Machine. Crying Face
The price for War Machine is a bit startling, but I bet it is going to be a beast of a figure, just like the previous versions.

I am wondering how much the IM mark 50 accessories are going to cost. The mark 50 is about $550 and people are speculating that the accessory pack is going to go for $200 USD, that's around $800 CAD for the figure and accessories. At least with the mark 4 and the gantry you'll be able to use about 90% of the figure and accessories, but with the mark 50, most of the accessories will be back in the box. Oh well, thank goodness SSC has a payment plan.

I'm with you, I don't have a use for the DM hologram. I want the speeder and the LED lightsaber. The Medicom robe arrive today. :(
BluePhirePB wrote: That plus they only shipped within USA.
You need to sign up with a US mail forwarding service.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
690 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote: The price for War Machine is a bit startling, but I bet it is going to be a beast of a figure, just like the previous versions.

I am wondering how much the IM mark 50 accessories are going to cost. The mark 50 is about $550 and people are speculating that the accessory pack is going to go for $200 USD, that's around $800 CAD for the figure and accessories. At least with the mark 4 and the gantry you'll be able to use about 90% of the figure and accessories, but with the mark 50, most of the accessories will be back in the box. Oh well, thank goodness SSC has a payment plan.

I'm with you, I don't have a use for the DM hologram. I want the speeder and the LED lightsaber. The Medicom robe arrive today. :(
I have to reluctantly pass on WM. It's way to pricey and from the promo pics, WM Mark 5 looks like a BEAST. I think I want to spend the money on that, instead of Mark 4 and waiting until 2020!

I can't believe HT won't include the accessories with the $500 figure itself. I'm worried that this sets a bad precedence and future figures will come with limited accessories and only way to get more is with expansion packs.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
690 upvotes
So Hot Toys will be releasing a Winnie the Pooh figure. Instead of a Nebula. Or Yellowjacket. Or Crossbones. Or.........
Sigh.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6411 posts
1913 upvotes
Welp, no luck here. SDCC TMNT figs sold out for my friend on site. :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1924 posts
232 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote: Welp, no luck here. SDCC TMNT figs sold out for my friend on site. :(
As expected. Best option is just to get the quarter scales.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6411 posts
1913 upvotes
tinlun wrote: As expected. Best option is just to get the quarter scales.
Which at this point would cost about the same or less.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6411 posts
1913 upvotes
My wife was selling her comic books at a local comic con and there were several toy vendors as well. Most were selling Funko Pops, NECA etc. but hidden behind some of the stuff I found these two:

I know normally these go for about $60-70US on eBay or close to 5000 yen on Japanese toy sites but out of curiosity, I asked and he told me $20 CDN a piece. Needless to say I swiped both!

Now I need to track down the rest lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
690 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote: I know normally these go for about $60-70US on eBay or close to 5000 yen on Japanese toy sites but out of curiosity, I asked and he told me $20 CDN a piece. Needless to say I swiped both!

Now I need to track down the rest lol.
That's how they get you hooked. The first one is always free (or cheap).
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1924 posts
232 upvotes
Sent an email to Bluefins regarding a replacement part needed for the sh figuarts Majin Vegeta since one of the head sculpts was supposed to be looking towards his right. Mine had its eyes centred. Got no reply yet. Wish they were more competent in dealing with Canadian consumers.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2708 posts
690 upvotes
tinlun wrote: Sent an email to Bluefins regarding a replacement part needed for the sh figuarts Majin Vegeta since one of the head sculpts was supposed to be looking towards his right. Mine had its eyes centred. Got no reply yet. Wish they were more competent in dealing with Canadian consumers.
Good luck! I'm glad Sideshow is very good at customer service, that's why I made my first order with them a few weeks ago.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1924 posts
232 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: Good luck! I'm glad Sideshow is very good at customer service, that's why I made my first order with them a few weeks ago.
Yeah, bluefin's website isn't really helping either. Now I am forced to either buy a bootleg/unauthorized head sculpt/accessory or attempt to repaint it. I hear Demonical Fit is on a roll with these custom heads now.