• Sep 9th, 2019 12:30 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2460 posts
561 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 8:30 pm
Three orders came in from SSC within a span of a week: Loki Ragnarok, Mythos Ben Kenobi and the Iron Spider. I ended up paying $56 upon pickup of all three at CBP. Now I just need to find the time to unbox them.
Nice! How much did you declare this time? I've gotten lucky with saying 50 per figure the past few times.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1841 posts
202 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 10:43 pm
Carnage is fun. Loaded with accessories and very posable, and goes well with my Venom. Now I need a Spidey.
Revoltech's Spidey is getting yet another reissue so you may be in luck.

I got to play around with the SHF Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3 edition). Looks great despite some of the over exaggerated head sculpts. Kinda takes some time to see the Hayden Christensen resemblance. But I still want the episode 2 Anakin and Old Luke.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12047 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
tinlun wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 9:48 pm
Haven't bought a single Hot Toys for a whole year but I want that Jackhammer arm add-on.
are they selling the jackhammer for the first hulkbuster separately?
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 10:49 pm

I love the figure, she looks great. Hot toys don't make enough villains so I had to get her. I wish they had a head sculpt with rooted hair for her too. The only thing I was surprised at was how much shorter she is compared to Thor.
yeah, its crazy how hot toys doesn't do that many villain characters. They teased the black order at some conventions but it doesn't look like it will be released.

I might wait to see if any 3rd party will make rooted/sculpted version of her before i decide.
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2460 posts
561 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 1:38 pm

yeah, its crazy how hot toys doesn't do that many villain characters. They teased the black order at some conventions but it doesn't look like it will be released.

I might wait to see if any 3rd party will make rooted/sculpted version of her before i decide.
I was under the impression that the Jackhammer accessory set will also fit the original release Hulkbuster since the new one is just a re-release.

I really hope Eleven makes a rooted hair Hela. They make some great after market heads.

It sucks that they teased us with Corvus from Black Order, but if they don't release all of Black Order, I rather they not release any at all. I hated having 4 of the 5 Guardians and had to wait so damn long for them to release Drax. The one I'm really hoping they put up for preorder is the Vulture that they showed. That one is a beauty.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1565 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 10:53 pm
Nice! How much did you declare this time? I've gotten lucky with saying 50 per figure the past few times.
Yup, each figure was $50. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2460 posts
561 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 8:06 pm
Yup, each figure was $50. :)
How do you like Iron Spidey? I've been hesitant on getting it, I'm not liking the suit quality and how it crinkles up and long term damage. But I guess that's a problem with most of the Spidey figures from Hot Toys.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1565 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 8:28 pm
How do you like Iron Spidey? I've been hesitant on getting it, I'm not liking the suit quality and how it crinkles up and long term damage. But I guess that's a problem with most of the Spidey figures from Hot Toys.
To be honest, I am concerned about the suit wrinkling up and the creases becoming "permanent", this thing is just awesome and I can't tear my eyes away from it. I am really impressed with Mythos Obi Wan. The headsculpt is awesome, the backpack is very detailed and the clothing is fantastic! The clothing could use a little more weathering and, to me, the tunic is the colour of urine. The Tusken Raider rifle and the lightsaber blade are bent, but the rifle is made of really soft plastic and will remain stowed in his backpack; I can fix the lightsaber blade just like I did with Darth Maul's blades.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2460 posts
561 upvotes
Broli's Mom wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 10:11 pm
To be honest, I am concerned about the suit wrinkling up and the creases becoming "permanent", this thing is just awesome and I can't tear my eyes away from it. I am really impressed with Mythos Obi Wan. The headsculpt is awesome, the backpack is very detailed and the clothing is fantastic! The clothing could use a little more weathering and, to me, the tunic is the colour of urine. The Tusken Raider rifle and the lightsaber blade are bent, but the rifle is made of really soft plastic and will remain stowed in his backpack; I can fix the lightsaber blade just like I did with Darth Maul's blades.
The mythos Kenobi looks awesome but I'm trying very hard to stick to specific lines to collect. You should totally report the bent blades to Sideshow to see if they have replacements to send you, I heard they are very good with that.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1841 posts
202 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 1:38 pm

Yeah, it's like $350 Canadian dollars.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2460 posts
561 upvotes
tinlun wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 7:27 am
Revoltech's Spidey is getting yet another reissue so you may be in luck.

I got to play around with the SHF Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3 edition). Looks great despite some of the over exaggerated head sculpts. Kinda takes some time to see the Hayden Christensen resemblance. But I still want the episode 2 Anakin and Old Luke.
The SHF Anakin's head sculpts don't do it for me, especially the screaming head. It looks way off and just plain bad.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1841 posts
202 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:11 am
The SHF Anakin's head sculpts don't do it for me, especially the screaming head. It looks way off and just plain bad.
For me, it's the screaming head that looks awkward. If they'd include the option of removing his limbs and provide better neck movement, I'd be fine with it. But you can't move his head all the way up to give that pose where he's climbing up from the lava like he does in the movie. The other two head sculpts look fine in hand.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1565 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
To my surprise, my Bambaland exclusive TLK Bumblebee arrived today (I was expecting it to arrive later this week)...not bad, it took five days shipped from Asia with only a signature required at the door. Almost as good as DJI. :)
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12047 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Broli's Mom wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 8:50 pm
To my surprise, my Bambaland exclusive TLK Bumblebee arrived today (I was expecting it to arrive later this week)...not bad, it took five days shipped from Asia with only a signature required at the door. Almost as good as DJI. :)
thats the hasbro x threea one right? You have any pictures and how tall is it? I was thinking about ordering 1 myself.
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1841 posts
202 upvotes
Hot Toys just posted this video yesterday.

Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1565 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:36 pm
thats the hasbro x threea one right? You have any pictures and how tall is it? I was thinking about ordering 1 myself.
No, not that one, that one if from the Bumblebee movie, this one is from The Last Knight.