Hot Deals

[Desjardins Bank] celebrate canada's 150th with Desjardins (Downtown Toronto only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 9:21 am
[OP]
Aug 5, 2008
441 posts
140 upvotes
Quebec

[Desjardins Bank] Re: celebrate canada's 150th with Desjardins

Promotion applies only on products offered at the Toronto branch of Desjardins Voyageurs Credit Union at 11 King Street West. This limited time offer (from May 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017) may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Some conditions apply.
149 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2200 posts
1113 upvotes
Yeah The centre of the universe only.
Might want to add that to the title.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1872 posts
425 upvotes
Gatineau
French bank only giving the offer to none french customers. I guess because they got what they need here in Quebec and only baiting in Ontario people now.
---
TIL that having your twitter/steam information as a signature is self promotion now lol.
Jul 22, 2010
399 posts
56 upvotes
Is a +$150 when you register for a direct withdrawal from your account[ 2 ] in this case just a pre-authorized transaction? Aka, if i just set a PAD up from my personal tangerine it would work? Or would it have to be a rogers bill etc?

Also, is their a minimum time frame for these transactions (i assume till you receive your bonus), but would they possibly retract it if you just cut off after the bonus hits?
And would opening an account be a soft or hard credit hit?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4364 posts
1043 upvotes
if i'm understanding this right.. for most people, you can get $600-$680

$150 for opening a new chequing account and setting up a payroll direct deposit
$150 after you pick your "transaction plan", minimum balance of $2000 to waive the monthly fee
$150 when you setup a direct withdrawal, assuming a recurring tangerine withdrawal should be OK
$150 when you open a new credit card
$69-82.5 ($150 - 9 months worth of premiums) for adding a life insurance plan

all of the above are for new desjardin customers only and pretty much need to keep the account open for 1 year.
Thanks RFD for:

-Koodo $48 MB Plan 5GB
May 24, 2010
79 posts
41 upvotes
Do you know if we can open a bank account by telephone? From Quebec?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2015
1212 posts
421 upvotes
North York, ON
Just wait and see how many of us can achieve this wonderful $1500. It feels like a task in a game. This promotion seems to have all account opened for a customer. And every kind of transactions is included, even with a credit card from Desjardins.
Sep 21, 2007
210 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Called them.
  • The offer is only available at this location - 11 King Street West, Toronto.
  • The cheapest monthly fee chequing account is at $3.95 per month. You need to hold the account for one full year. You don't get the first $150 if you don't have your payroll direct deposit to this account.
  • The direct withdrawal can be done as transfer from the Desjardins account to your other FI account (as per what they said, but I believe you might better setup a bill payment - even they said that but it sounded like they don't have a black and white policy for this)
  • They do have no annual fee credit card available, but you still need to fulfill the first step (opening the chequing account in order to have the $150 deposit into)
The other products are not attractive so I didn't bother to ask.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2881 posts
699 upvotes
QC
Desjardins promo only for Toronto. Is today April fools day?
Dec 25, 2013
365 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Well I'm in for the $600 or so that I can get with Direct deposit, direct withdrawal, Credit card, and something else. Thanks OP

Anyone know if you were to "make a financial plan with an advisor" is that binding in anyway? I'd actually like to here what they say but I'm not 100% I want to stick what money I have in whatever they say..
Sep 21, 2007
210 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Ychanceit wrote:
May 30th, 2017 5:00 pm
Well I'm in for the $600 or so that I can get with Direct deposit, direct withdrawal, Credit card, and something else. Thanks OP

Anyone know if you were to "make a financial plan with an advisor" is that binding in anyway? I'd actually like to here what they say but I'm not 100% I want to stick what money I have in whatever they say..
I asked about the "make a financial plan with an advisor". You are required to bring your other FI info to share with them. They will sell you their products. I asked what if I don't find their product as attractive. He started to sound not patient enough for my remaining questions and said they will try to upsell me their product. It's with some grey area there.
Dec 25, 2013
365 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
mobilelinkage wrote:
May 30th, 2017 6:00 pm
I asked about the "make a financial plan with an advisor". You are required to bring your other FI info to share with them. They will sell you their products. I asked what if I don't find their product as attractive. He started to sound not patient enough for my remaining questions and said they will try to upsell me their product. It's with some grey area there.
Well, I'll ask when I go in. So long as I'm not required to buy anything that's another easy $150. Also might do the mutual fund thing. If I gotta stick another $1800 somewhere for a year that's not too bad if i'm earning interest on top of that $150.. Not really sure how that works though I mean I know what a mutual fund is and I know they have fees but they also produce decent returns to in theory..
Dec 25, 2013
365 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Also I guess it's worth mentioning I see that the Savings- Life insurance is pretty cheap if you are younger. I'm in 15 to 39 bracket. So for me it's $7.50/month or $90 for 1 year. So it would be a net gain of $60 if you sign up for it if you are in that age bracket unless there is other costs or more involved.
Jul 22, 2010
399 posts
56 upvotes
What does setting up a financial plan with an advisor at the Toronto Financial Centre[ 6 ] involve?

Is it just a chat or do you have to make tangible deposits or charges at the end of it?
Dec 25, 2013
365 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Scavos wrote:
May 30th, 2017 6:15 pm
What does setting up a financial plan with an advisor at the Toronto Financial Centre[ 6 ] involve?

Is it just a chat or do you have to make tangible deposits or charges at the end of it?
I just noticed the 6 on that one

you have to buy something as in their terms

"Eligible once either product no. 7, 8 or 9 is obtained"