Hot Deals

[Desjardins Bank] celebrate canada's 150th with Desjardins (Downtown Toronto only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 9:21 am
Sep 23, 2008
624 posts
160 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 8:53 pm
New term:

$150 when you open an account with full payroll direct deposit and add a direct withdrawal*
$150 when you obtain the Premier Plus transaction plan*[ 2 ]

vs old term:

$150 when you open an account and set up payroll direct deposit
+$150 when you get a transaction plan[ 2 ]
+$150 when you register for a direct withdrawal from your account[ 2 ]

How much did you lose?
The new terms also combine the direct withdrawal with the direct deposit, so that's another $150 gone.
nigeldell1 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 8:39 pm
For those who signed up under the old offer conditions, they will still honour the bonuses, at least, according to one advisor I have been dealing with as Adil is on a 6 week vaction.
I hope you're right! I left a message using their site, so I'll find out soon enough.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1563 posts
403 upvotes
TO
Wet Banana wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 8:57 pm
I hope you're right! I left a message using their site, so I'll find out soon enough.
Good luck, the never answer these.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Feb 3, 2014
180 posts
204 upvotes
With Desjardins you never know.... :) May it be their "offer" or their auto policy.... :)
May 13, 2013
27 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I talked to an advisor today.

Credit card bonus should have been paid out by now (assuming you opened a few months ago); Go to your branch if you haven't received it by now (I applied in June). Some offices update this in an Excel spreadsheet, then it goes into Access via their back office to handle the payments. This may have been missed if you haven't received yet.

Checking account related bonuses to come 6 months after you opened the account.
Sep 23, 2008
624 posts
160 upvotes
Thanks for the update GCSaves! Much appreciated.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Aug 29, 2016
132 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone else super disappointed by Desjardins?

When i first signed up they informed me I would get my bonus reward 4 months after sign up. Then I didnt end up receiving anything, and after trying to get a hold of someone forever, he then informed me the guy whom signed me up made a mistake and its actually 8 months after sign up.

THEN, he told me I should have received my $150 for the credit card sign up within my first month of signing up, and I still hadnt received it 4 months later and he informed me I would have it the following week. 3 weeks later and still NOTHING.

At least I wont feel so bad closing my account in the end!
Oct 7, 2016
976 posts
466 upvotes
Anyone know how long payroll deposits must be on for?
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Tangerine: 2.4% interest for new chequing & savings accounts

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4366 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Wet Banana wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 8:57 pm

Any update on this?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1046 posts
125 upvotes
dielan wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 3:23 pm

When i first signed up they informed me I would get my bonus reward 4 months after sign up. Then I didnt end up receiving anything, and after trying to get a hold of someone forever, he then informed me the guy whom signed me up made a mistake and its actually 8 months after sign up.

THEN, he told me I should have received my $150 for the credit card sign up within my first month of signing up, and I still hadnt received it 4 months later and he informed me I would have it the following week. 3 weeks later and still NOTHING.

Interesting, although I am reading inconsistencies on this offer in this thread, I have to say my experience has been fairly smooth.

I actually got an email from a rep telling me that the $150 bonus was awarded for the credit card promo.
When I emailed back asking about the bonus pertaining to the payroll/direct withdrawal and transaction plan, I was told 6 months from when the account was opened.
Nov 9, 2015
275 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Applied today.

The rep was clueless and I had to guide them. Every time I go into a branch to see an advisor or personal banking officer, I realize an average RFD’er knows more.

I was told a credit card hit would not affect you(?).

Anyways, my money is parked here for a year in a Premier Plan.

Payroll and utilitity will be switched to Desjardins.

On a sad note, I was rejected for a no fee cashback card because of too many credit hits recently: new mortgage and Amex Churning.

When asked if I can still apply in “few months” to still be eligiblefor 150 promo,I was told to apply soon because they constantly have promotions.

Anyone else been rejected for thecard? Can I apply until December’s 31st?

Right now the return is 6%(300/$5000).
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1563 posts
403 upvotes
TO
dielan wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 3:23 pm

Same here, not too impressed. I wrote them to inquire about the credit card bonus and it was manually paid a few months ago by an agent. For the rest, it said to be paid 120 business days after opening the account so that's like 6 months in real time. They also made a mistake and haven't given me the money to cover the life insurance (it's supposed to be free for a few months) while they've made a deposit on my SO's account when we opened it to cover the premiums.

All in all, they'are as much of a pain and slow to deal with as any other brick and mortar bank around. I'm glad my main bank is Tangerine, I'd go nuts if I had to deal with this on a daily basis for my every day account.
Wins
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1046 posts
125 upvotes
I was quite content with my experience at Desjardins. From the signing up to getting my first $150 for the credit card, it was relatively effortless.
So far so good...now I just need to wait and see when the other $300 will get awarded.
Sep 23, 2008
624 posts
160 upvotes
Anyone else not getting charged for the life insurance? I haven't been getting the monthly payment deducted since like the first month when I signed up.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Apr 26, 2006
128 posts
36 upvotes
Aside from the $150 for the credit card, has anyone got their bonus yet?

Its been about 120 working days for those that signed up early May....
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1563 posts
403 upvotes
TO
mooomoose wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 6:56 am
Aside from the $150 for the credit card, has anyone got their bonus yet?

Its been about 120 working days for those that signed up early May....
120 business days is at the end of the month for me. I'm not holding my breath and expect having to do a lot of legwork to get this paid based on previous interactions. They've also changed the condition twice or thrice since I signed up so idk which terms they'll try and hold me to. I have a copy of the flyer from when I signed up but it doesn't have the details of the offer like the website does.
Wins