Hot Deals

[Desjardins Bank] celebrate canada's 150th with Desjardins (Downtown Toronto only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 9:21 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1562 posts
401 upvotes
TO
Thanks OP, sounds like a fairly straight forward 600 or 750$ after 6 months (120 business days is more or less 6 actual months if I'm not mistaken)
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Dec 26, 2012
119 posts
22 upvotes
MILTON
Nekittbo wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 12:58 pm
When scheduled a meeting with financial advisor, they told me to bring $5 cash to become a member, as they are not a bank
Yes, they are a credit union. When you close the account, they will return the $5 to you.
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1414 posts
383 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote:
May 30th, 2017 6:24 pm
I just noticed the 6 on that one

you have to buy something as in their terms

"Eligible once either product no. 7, 8 or 9 is obtained"
Where is 7, 8, or 9 explained? I don't see it in the Deal Link.
Dec 26, 2012
119 posts
22 upvotes
MILTON
I just opened an account this morning, it took about 30 min and I will receive my debit card and credit card in the mail. These are what I signed up:

1. Chequing account
2. Economy plan
3. Will set up for direct withdrawal (the rep said it has to be a monthly payment for something, given there's no specific T&C related to this, I think it's too risky to do a bank transfer)
4. No fee cash back Mastercard
5. Savings-Life Insurance (first 6 months free)

I should receive $750 after 4-6 months less 6 months of insurance premium (~$50)
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4359 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
hdub8817 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 10:22 am
I just opened an account this morning, it took about 30 min and I will receive my debit card and credit card in the mail. These are what I signed up:

1. Chequing account
2. Economy plan
3. Will set up for direct withdrawal (the rep said it has to be a monthly payment for something, given there's no specific T&C related to this, I think it's too risky to do a bank transfer)
4. No fee cash back Mastercard
5. Savings-Life Insurance (first 6 months free)

I should receive $750 after 4-6 months less 6 months of insurance premium (~$50)
Did the reps told you this " The direct payroll deposit is just one option of getting a $150 bonus. However, you do need to have the direct payroll deposit in order to qualify for the direct withdrawal bonus (this is a PAD) ? ". Its an email reply from

Antoine Sarhan, B.B.A
Personal Finance Advisor
Conseiller en finances personnelles

===

I went in this morning and open an account and I was also told the same thing. The reps name is Adil Chhaibi, B.B.A
Dec 26, 2012
119 posts
22 upvotes
MILTON
I also met with Adil. The terms say you have to open an account and set up payroll direct deposit before qualifying for the direct withdrawal bonus.
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Sep 15, 2014
90 posts
42 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 8:53 am
Where is 7, 8, or 9 explained? I don't see it in the Deal Link.
In order to be eligible for this bonus :
+$150 when you make a financial plan with an advisor at the Toronto Financial Centre

You need to open one of: RRSP (Step 7), TFSA (Step 8) or RESP (Step 9).
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4359 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
hdub8817 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:23 pm
I also met with Adil. The terms say you have to open an account and set up payroll direct deposit before qualifying for the direct withdrawal bonus.
Did he also told you that the direct payroll deposit should be at least 6 months?
Dec 26, 2012
119 posts
22 upvotes
MILTON
He said 4-6 months, he also said the direct withdrawal can be monthly.
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1414 posts
383 upvotes
Does it say anywhere, or has anyone been told, what is included in direct payroll deposit - CPP?
Aug 29, 2016
132 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Got my account today....Only thing I dont like is there arent free e-transfers unless you have at least 7k in your account..I also dont like the savings account rate...0.75%...Unless I missed something? Im going to have to keep transfering my money out of this account after direct deposit to my tangerine savings.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4359 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 3:48 pm
Does it say anywhere, or has anyone been told, what is included in direct payroll deposit - CPP?
There is no black and white rules regards to this promo. I don't even know if the Tangerine link up will be consider a direct deposit (I was only told it should be a PAD)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4359 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Ychanceit wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 1:33 pm
Does anybody else have the account yet? If so, have you tried linking your external account to them?
On the right side of the online banking, select Transfer , then select inter-institution transfer, then add account, then choose Bank, key-in account information. It will ask you to send a void cheque to their address. Same as PC Financial external account link-up.
Apr 23, 2008
532 posts
25 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 8:47 pm
On the right side of the online banking, select Transfer , then select inter-institution transfer, then add account, then choose Bank, key-in account information. It will ask you to send a void cheque to their address. Same as PC Financial external account link-up.
Is the inter-institution transfer counted as one free transaction out of 7 transactions per month from the economy plan of the chequing account?
Jun 11, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
Also fair warning, they do a hard hit even if you don't take a credit card. They don't tell you it's a hard hit so just beware this comes at the expense of your score.