Hot Deals

[Desjardins Bank] celebrate canada's 150th with Desjardins (Downtown Toronto only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 9:21 am
Dec 23, 2012
36 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Promotion has changed somewhat: no life insurance?

Get up to $1,500 in cash with this offer[ 1 ]!

$150 when you open an account and set up payroll direct deposit
+$150 when you get a transaction plan[ 2 ]
+$150 when you register for a direct withdrawal from your account[ 2 ]
$150 when you get an eligible Desjardins credit card[ 3 ]
$150 when you add life and disability insurance to your mortgage

$150 when you register for a preauthorized monthly transfer to a mutual fund[ 4 ].
$150 for new deposits in an RRSP (registered retirement savings plan)[ 5 ]
$150 for new deposits in a TFSA (tax free savings account)[ 5 ]
$150 for new deposits in an RESP (registered education savings plan)[ 5 ]
+$150 when you make a financial plan with an advisor at the Toronto Financial Centre[ 6 ]

Offer available exclusively to persons and businesses whose corporate domicile is in Canada. To obtain the $1,500, you must meet the conditions of eligibility. Promotion applies only on products offered at the Toronto branch of Desjardins Voyageurs Credit Union at 11 King Street West. This limited time offer (from May 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017) may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Some conditions apply.

The money will be deposited in your account within 120 working days of when the product is obtained. No money will be transferred if the account is closed. [Back]
Eligible once you get your first product. Account must remain open for minimum 1 year. You must have the Premier Plus transaction plan to qualify. [Back]
$150 will be deposited in your Desjardins chequing account once the card is activated. This promotion is only open to new Desjardins cardholders. Current cardholders of other Desjardins credit cards who convert their card are not eligible for this promotion. The eligible credit cards for this promotion are: Visa Cash Back Card, Cash Back Mastercard, Cash Back World Mastercard, Visa Elegance Gold, Visa Modulo, Visa Odyssey Gold, Odyssey World Elite Mastercard, Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege. [Back]
The transfer must be a min. of $150/month for 1 year. [Back]
Receive $150 for every $15,000 that is deposited in a guaranteed fixed-rate investment or market-linked guaranteed investment (MLGI) for a minimum of 3 years to a maximum of $750. [Back]
Eligible once either product no. 7, 8 or 9 is obtained. [Back]
May 13, 2013
27 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
phht wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 10:03 pm
I linked my Tangerine and Desjardins accounts on both sides. A push money from desjardins is not allowed (Tang<- desjardins).
I will try a pull from Tang (Tang <- desjardins) in a week to see if it works (as I am waiting for my direct deposit).
The last resort would be to do multiple interac e-transfers to get money out of desjardins account as I read there is no- charge if the number of transactions is within limit (7 for "economy" transaction plan). Correct me if I am wrong.
I can confirm that eTransfers do not cost you any money, as long as you are within limit. I tried for myself and no fee was charged. :) However if you transfer money to Tangerine via Desjardins electronically, you will be charged a few dollars.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1572 posts
405 upvotes
TO
It's such a mess... They answer only a third of the messages sent securely over the website, no one knows anything... It's worth my time because of the amount involved, but my god what a mess. I definitely won't keep my account once the promo is over.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Dec 23, 2012
36 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
There used to be a $1 fee for Interac-E transfer. As of July 1, 2017, they have waived that fee so this is now considered one of the "free" transactions on your plan.

The promotion is now based upon getting the Premier Plus plan which requires a $5000 minimum balance to waive the monthly fee, similar to the TD select account.
Apr 23, 2008
540 posts
29 upvotes
GCSaves wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 11:21 pm
I can confirm that eTransfers do not cost you any money, as long as you are within limit. I tried for myself and no fee was charged. :) However if you transfer money to Tangerine via Desjardins electronically, you will be charged a few dollars.
Are you saying that a pull from Tang (Tang <- Desjardins) electronically cost a few dollars even within limit of 7( assuming "economy" transaction plan)?
Thanks for the confirmation.
Mar 14, 2016
10 posts
1 upvote
IMHO the best deal on opening new bank account / credit card
The first $150 for opening/activating credit card showed up in around 2-3 weeks. Will see the rest

I already sent 2 e-interact transfers for free. The minimum balance to get the account fee waived is CAD 1000.
Apr 26, 2006
129 posts
37 upvotes
nigeldell1 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 12:29 pm
There used to be a $1 fee for Interac-E transfer. As of July 1, 2017, they have waived that fee so this is now considered one of the "free" transactions on your plan.

The promotion is now based upon getting the Premier Plus plan which requires a $5000 minimum balance to waive the monthly fee, similar to the TD select account.
I hope those that signed up with the economy plan - before the "premier plus" requirement will still get the $150.......

Does anyone have a screenshot of the original t&c? I only saw a copy of the text earlier in the thread.
Apr 23, 2008
540 posts
29 upvotes
VladD973383 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 1:34 pm
IMHO the best deal on opening new bank account / credit card
The first $150 for opening/activating credit card showed up in around 2-3 weeks. Will see the rest

I already sent 2 e-interact transfers for free. The minimum balance to get the account fee waived is CAD 1000.
I got the first $150 for credit card (although I have not used it yet). Have not seen any other $150 as my direct deposit have not gotten thru yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4369 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
phht wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 10:03 pm
I linked my Tangerine and Desjardins accounts on both sides. A push money from desjardins is not allowed (Tang<- desjardins).
I will try a pull from Tang (Tang <- desjardins) in a week to see if it works (as I am waiting for my direct deposit).
The last resort would be to do multiple interac e-transfers to get money out of desjardins account as I read there is no- charge if the number of transactions is within limit (7 for "economy" transaction plan). Correct me if I am wrong.
If you pull money from Desjardins to Tangerine is this free or Desjardins will charge a fee?
Apr 23, 2008
540 posts
29 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 6:53 pm
If you pull money from Desjardins to Tangerine is this free or Desjardins will charge a fee?
I was charged partial service fee for the month of July. I opened the account on the 14 of July and $1000 made into the account on the 20th, so the balance was less than 1000 for the first 20 days and therefore service fee applied to the first 20 days.(fee x 2/3). I asked the advisor on the phone as to why service fee applied to the first 13 days when the account did not even exist, she did not want to understand my argument. So for others to open account make sure you bring a cheque of more than 1000 to deposit on the day the account is opened to wave the fee and it is best to choose the 1st day of the month.

I then asked her if there is fee for e-tranfer, she replied no fee if it is within limit of 7. However I cannot take her words for that as she did not explain the previous issue satisfactorily. GCsaves posted there was fee but not sure if he meant fee within the limit of 7 or not. I guess we'll have to wait for other RFD menbers to chime in.
In the mean time I used interac email transfer as there is no fee for it.
Sep 4, 2007
998 posts
389 upvotes
Edmonton
Well, this was a really hot deal.

They combined the withdrawal and direct deposits into one bonus.
They removed the bonus for meeting with a financial advisor.
Now you can only reasonably get $300 for payroll change + $5000 min balance, without the credit card. Congrats to those who got the $600+ in good bonuses.
$150 when you open an account with full payroll direct deposit and add a direct withdrawal*
$150 when you obtain the Premier Plus transaction plan*[ 2 ]
$150 when you get an eligible Desjardins credit card[ 3 ]
$150 when you add life and disability insurance to your mortgage
$150 when you register for a preauthorized monthly transfer to a mutual fund[ 4 ].
$150 for new deposits in an RRSP (registered retirement savings plan)[ 5 ]
$150 for new deposits in a TFSA (tax free savings account)[ 5 ]
$150 for new deposits in an RESP (registered education savings plan)[ 5 ]
$150 for new deposits to regular term savings*[ 5 ]
$150 cash back on your mortgage*[ 6 ]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5408 posts
286 upvotes
TO
frozenmelon wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 7:50 pm
Well, this was a really hot deal.

They combined the withdrawal and direct deposits into one bonus.
They removed the bonus for meeting with a financial advisor.
Now you can only reasonably get $300 for payroll change + $5000 min balance, without the credit card. Congrats to those who got the $600+ in good bonuses.
lol so they make up new terms as the days pass by, I think someone else in this thread mentioned that plus it's in terms and conditions (we may modify offer ......)
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Dec 23, 2012
36 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
For those who signed up under the old offer conditions, they will still honour the bonuses, at least, according to one advisor I have been dealing with as Adil is on a 6 week vaction.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4369 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
nigeldell1 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 8:39 pm
For those who signed up under the old offer conditions, they will still honour the bonuses, at least, according to one advisor I have been dealing with as Adil is on a 6 week vaction.
Hopefully they will honor else I will closed it now, since my $300 will just be $150 under the new terms and condition. I just open an account do payroll deposit and PAD.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4369 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 10:50 am
lol so they make up new terms as the days pass by, I think someone else in this thread mentioned that plus it's in terms and conditions (we may modify offer ......)
New term:

$150 when you open an account with full payroll direct deposit and add a direct withdrawal*
$150 when you obtain the Premier Plus transaction plan*[ 2 ]

vs old term:

$150 when you open an account and set up payroll direct deposit
+$150 when you get a transaction plan[ 2 ]
+$150 when you register for a direct withdrawal from your account[ 2 ]

How much did you lose?