• Jan 10th, 2019 5:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
DougO wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 12:24 pm
EB Games quoted me $80 for the expansion. Exactly, what version is that? The DLC plus season pass? Just the DLC? And why do you need an annual pass on a DLC anyway? Content within content? That sounds odd. Why not just make another DLC? Oh yeah, I forgot...the developers have said time and again it's too hard to make content like that.
The annual pass is kind of wierd. It doesn't sound like real DLC. It sounds like they'll raise the power cap, and continue to put out season gear (Which they didn't used to charge for). I bought the new DLC, but I didn't buy the annual pass. If I'm wrong and there's real new content, I'll buy it, but it feels there won't be.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3064 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 1:36 am
The annual pass is kind of wierd. It doesn't sound like real DLC. It sounds like they'll raise the power cap, and continue to put out season gear (Which they didn't used to charge for). I bought the new DLC, but I didn't buy the annual pass. If I'm wrong and there's real new content, I'll buy it, but it feels there won't be.
I assumed the annual pass is just a fancy term for the season pass.

If its like other Season Passes it would include multiple DLC's spread across the 4 seasons. This allows you to get the content right away without buying the packs separately and then bundling it with other items. I went all out and bought everything...

On another note:
I can't fathom the people who gathered the solstice gear on all their characters. The grind I went through for the 405 gear on my hunter I didn't want to even attempt for my other 2 lol. I also bought the t-shirt as I wanted to get something with my GamerTag on it lol.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
Shiznacka wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 11:41 am
I assumed the annual pass is just a fancy term for the season pass.

If its like other Season Passes it would include multiple DLC's spread across the 4 seasons. This allows you to get the content right away without buying the packs separately and then bundling it with other items. I went all out and bought everything...
I don't think it's a season pass. We only got two DLC's in the original season pass and it cost more than this annual pass. When added on the annual pass is $30, which is only about $10/season. I don't think that buy's you much DLC? Also their advertising makes no mention of including DLC's. Just new ways to get new armour, weapons etc.... I think its DLC light :(
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3064 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:32 pm
I don't think it's a season pass. We only got two DLC's in the original season pass and it cost more than this annual pass. When added on the annual pass is $30, which is only about $10/season. I don't think that buy's you much DLC? Also their advertising makes no mention of including DLC's. Just new ways to get new armour, weapons etc.... I think its DLC light :(
From Reddit:
What is the Annual Pass?
Annual Pass is basically the Expansion Pass for Year 2. It consists of 3 separate DLCs, similar to Warmind and Curse of Osiris: Black Armory (Winter 2018), Joker´s Wild (Spring 2019) and Penumbra (Summer 2019).
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
Shiznacka wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:01 pm
From Reddit:
crap... lol.
Aug 16, 2017
809 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
So I've been playing destiny 2 on the ps4 since its free and i just defeated ghaul. can i just continue playing the vanilla game or are all players likely just buy all the dlc and forsaken stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
DimsumDeals wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 12:11 pm
So I've been playing destiny 2 on the ps4 since its free and i just defeated ghaul. can i just continue playing the vanilla game or are all players likely just buy all the dlc and forsaken stuff?
You could, but sometimes you'll miss out on weekly events or certain things because they're based on DLC levels.

It would feel kind of moot to progress without the DLC.. maybe to collect exotic weapons, but only progressing to the vanilla light cap would seem kind of pointless.
Aug 16, 2017
809 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 6:42 pm
You could, but sometimes you'll miss out on weekly events or certain things because they're based on DLC levels.

It would feel kind of moot to progress without the DLC.. maybe to collect exotic weapons, but only progressing to the vanilla light cap would seem kind of pointless.
right, agreed. But right now its a steep price to upgrade to everything upto forsaken (around 93$ more?) so I will need to think about it.

Can you tell me what is the light cap on each iteration?
vanilla? first expansion? 2nd expansion? and forsaken?
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
DimsumDeals wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 3:36 pm
right, agreed. But right now its a steep price to upgrade to everything upto forsaken (around 93$ more?) so I will need to think about it.

Thanks
I think it was 305, 335, and 385 (moved to 405 in August). I'm not sure if you can the +5 as they changed how mod's work so you don't get that last 5 anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7470 posts
1160 upvotes
DimsumDeals wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 3:36 pm

Thanks
light cap doesnt matter unless you also unlock that specific DLC because they go hand in hand.

Forsaken cap is 500+

I gave in and bought it after reading some reviews of the slightly more passionate Destiny fans

Im pleasantly surprised by it and I'll say this much. It falls a bit "short" of Taken King because its lacking the same "wow" factor but in terms of size and "stuff to do" its quite big.

The game has also re-added the stories from losts ghosts you find around environments and the new "collections" for all gear (armor and weapons) is boss (you can re-buy anything you originally "found" but deleted - so it frees up your inventory a lot as well)

Also like that the codex is back in some form to keep track of "achievements" which is nice for those of us who like to "complete" things

It feels like they brought back more stuff from Destiny 1, and its made the game better.

If you didnt like Destiny 2 at all, you wont like this either, but if you were kind of half-half with it, Forsaken is a good expansion for you.

I also ended up buying it because 2 more things. I like the roadmap for 2018-2019: https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/08/29/ ... p-revealed

and I divide the price of the game per hours played. I spent $109 i think, on Forsaken + season pass and i know 100% I'll get 109 hours of play time out of it before i get bored...and thats worth it to me.

edit: havent tried pvp yet, just pve stuff
Aug 16, 2017
809 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Buggy166 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 11:06 am
light cap doesnt matter unless you also unlock that specific DLC because they go hand in hand.

Forsaken cap is 500+

I gave in and bought it after reading some reviews of the slightly more passionate Destiny fans

Im pleasantly surprised by it and I'll say this much. It falls a bit "short" of Taken King because its lacking the same "wow" factor but in terms of size and "stuff to do" its quite big.

The game has also re-added the stories from losts ghosts you find around environments and the new "collections" for all gear (armor and weapons) is boss (you can re-buy anything you originally "found" but deleted - so it frees up your inventory a lot as well)

Also like that the codex is back in some form to keep track of "achievements" which is nice for those of us who like to "complete" things

It feels like they brought back more stuff from Destiny 1, and its made the game better.

If you didnt like Destiny 2 at all, you wont like this either, but if you were kind of half-half with it, Forsaken is a good expansion for you.

I also ended up buying it because 2 more things. I like the roadmap for 2018-2019: https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/08/29/ ... p-revealed

and I divide the price of the game per hours played. I spent $109 i think, on Forsaken + season pass and i know 100% I'll get 109 hours of play time out of it before i get bored...and thats worth it to me.

edit: havent tried pvp yet, just pve stuff
Thanks for the detailed response! Really appreciate the time you put on posting these information.

I've decided to just wait it out and wait for a discount as I am busy with Spider-man and the upcoming Tomb Raider anyway.

Thanks again!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7470 posts
1160 upvotes
DimsumDeals wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 11:28 am
Thanks for the detailed response! Really appreciate the time you put on posting these information.

I've decided to just wait it out and wait for a discount as I am busy with Spider-man and the upcoming Tomb Raider anyway.

Thanks again!
if you're into other games, then definitely dont buy now. The game will only improve with time.

Also Read Dead 2 is coming out soon. Between that and Spiderman, there's lots. Tomb Raider i completely forgot about.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8265 posts
1049 upvotes
Victoria
I just finished playing through the content and unlocked the 2nd area. I'm not really feeling it. Maybe I'm Destiny'd out. Playing hours a week, to get max power, or new weapons, only to have them rendered obsolete in 3 months.... meh. It was fun playing through the new content, but I'm not feeling the urge to do the newer harder grind. I can always jump in at any other point if I feel like grinding to max power again (it felt like a total slog after the last DLC dropped).

Probably time to take break and try the new tomb raider game when it comes out this week.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2195 posts
476 upvotes
I've enjoyed it so far, but already feel like I'm not gonna spend as much time working on all of the classes. Just not sure I can commit to that.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7470 posts
1160 upvotes
yea, if you approach it from the grind viewpoint, its tiresome.

if you approach it from content viewpoint (do everything new at least once, collect some new armor, hunt a few achievements), i think its worth it. In a month or two, ill probably put it down and move on again. I never go for max light level or anything like that. I just play for fun.

i see a lot of new level 20 players because Destiny 2 is free on PS Plus this month, which was a wise business decision.