Some key points
1. The grind has been SIGNIFICANTLY slowed down. The path to max light will NOT be a cakewalk
2. Random rolls are back and I, personally, am quite excited for it. It means a bigger (and hopefully better) loot grind. This is, after all, a looter shooter.
3. New areas are interesting and the lore behind them and the enemies has really been well created. Story is not amazing but I enjoyed it and it exceeded my expectations(given all the Destiny stories i have encountered so far).
4. In order to get progression, there are bounties, challenges, weekly bounties, etc. The path to progression lies in YOUR hands. Enjoy PvP? there is a powerful engram available to level you up there. Want a mix? try Gambit which fuses PvP and PvE....just want to shoot aliens in the face? do the flashpoint, do strikes, do heroic story missions. VARIETY is definitely been brought back with this expansion.
5. Exotics are SUPER SUPER RARE now....streamers and content creators have gone 100s of hours without a single drop. We will definitely have to work to ensure our collections are stacked.
I have always loved Destiny because it was a place where the gunplay mechanics were amazing, the supers made you feel like a BADASS, and my friends provided just the right environment to jump in and have fun!
While I am happy about this new expansion, I know that I will probably not have enough time to be able to maintain three characters and grind them to max level. I do not fault Bungie for doing this. They took feedback from the community (mostly streamers and content creators) and were told that the depth of the game was lacking. Hence they turned the dial to 11 and cranked out a hell of an expansion.
However, this doesn't mean this isn't a game to jump into. I would encourage everyone to try it out.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Plan: $60 Koodo 10 GB data, Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling