4147 upvotes
No expense spared. Hype!

"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
my pc also didnt have any problems at 1080p + High settings and wow it was butter smooth. im so jelly for those who can run this in 4k/hdr settings..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Nice to see all these positive reactions to the PC release here and elsewhere. Sounds like it's a very technically solid release and though I didn't care much for the first game, if this gets good reviews I'll probably buy it to support the PC version being well made
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1592 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Another good experience with the PC Beta.

System is a Haswell i7-4770K, 32GB DDR3 Memory and GTX 1060 6GB.
1080p at a mix of High to Ultra-High settings with MSAA enabled; 75 FPS average.

I will probably lower some settings and use SMAA instead for a better FPS.

The game feels very smooth - no noticeable mouse or input lag, solid control and fluid movement.

I have never played Destiny before, so this is all new to me :)
Nov 23, 2008
89 posts
172 upvotes
Quick console question - my local walmart has the disc copy (not pre-order boxes, the actual game) on shelves now for XB1. I'm wondering if I pick it up will it be playable?
Definitely a mistake on their part as it's not going to be released for another 7 days. I was going to hold off on Destiny 2 until a deal or sale - but the thought of playing the full game a week early is really appealing.
Nov 23, 2008
89 posts
172 upvotes
Quick console question - my local walmart has the disc copy (not pre-order boxes, the actual game) on shelves now for XB1. I'm wondering if I pick it up will it be playable?
Definitely a mistake on their part as it's not going to be released for another 7 days. I was going to hold off on Destiny 2 until a deal or sale - but the thought of playing the full game a week early is really appealing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes
bituerbo wrote: Quick console question - my local walmart has the disc copy (not pre-order boxes, the actual game) on shelves now for XB1. I'm wondering if I pick it up will it be playable?
Either you can't play, or if you do you'll get banned. It's only obvious.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes
thegr8testone wrote: I played D2 PC Beta on my shit laptop and I still think it ran decently! Frame rate was good but texture quality was just ok. Either way, I connected my DS4 controller to my PC and I was off to the races!

I would say pull the trigger and get it. I have sunk over 2.5k hours into D1 and do not regret it. This game is truly a social "loot-scapade"!
I feel like a casual with my 500hours on Destiny.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
bituerbo wrote: Quick console question - my local walmart has the disc copy (not pre-order boxes, the actual game) on shelves now for XB1. I'm wondering if I pick it up will it be playable?
It won't be playable as the servers won't be live.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1173 posts
351 upvotes
B0000rt wrote: Either you can't play, or if you do you'll get banned. It's only obvious.
Bullshit. I've never been banned from playing a game before launch. It isn't the consumers fault that a retailer broke street date. I'm surprised you would pass along such false info when this has been answered by Microsoft and Sony for years.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
bummer for those planning to play it on the pc (like me).. we'll have to wait for october release and gets spoiled on everything...
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1250 posts
192 upvotes
I don't mind waiting another month to get the better version. It's day and night between 30fps and 60fps+
I'll play something else in the meantime.
Heatware : Chuckdeg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
even you have the D2 disc to play, you will not be able to login as your profile will be authenticated with bungie servers.
Nov 23, 2008
89 posts
172 upvotes
followup: walmart wouldn't sell to me as it wouldn't scan - it's not in the system. The clerk then checked the release date and pulled them from the shelves.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
standinginrain wrote: I keep following up with my local EB Games about a midnight release for my physical copy of D2 but they still don't have answers.
Anyone hear anything about any midnight releases?
Thunder Bay will have one at the Inter City Mall. Doors open to line up at 11 PM Sept. 5th for a midnight opening...
Nov 22, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Here's the *real* answer.

Bungie servers go live at the very least when it's midnight Sept. 6 in New Zealand. New Zealand is 14 hours ahead of us (the time the game unlocks in North America). The only thing stopping anyone from playing right now who has a digital copy (mine is preloaded as of now) is that the game is locked and unlocks when it's midnight here.

Anyone with a physical copy of the game will be able to load up and play at that time (new zealand midnight), regardless of where in the world they are. Bungie does not check where you are in any way, all they care about is that you have a legit copy of the game and they bring up the servers for anyone, anywhere who has a legit copy.

If you attempt to play before that time, you definitely run a risk, but it's probably very small.

We do not know when they will actually bring up the servers - I actually expect it to be at least a day or two prior to the first midnight unlock in NZ.
Nov 9, 2006
186 posts
40 upvotes
Ontario
Wondering if anyone's pre-order (ps4 copy) with amazon has shipped yet, or started processing?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
JimToronto wrote: Here's the *real* answer.

Bungie servers go live at the very least when it's midnight Sept. 6 in New Zealand. New Zealand is 14 hours ahead of us (the time the game unlocks in North America). The only thing stopping anyone from playing right now who has a digital copy (mine is preloaded as of now) is that the game is locked and unlocks when it's midnight here.

Anyone with a physical copy of the game will be able to load up and play at that time (new zealand midnight), regardless of where in the world they are. Bungie does not check where you are in any way, all they care about is that you have a legit copy of the game and they bring up the servers for anyone, anywhere who has a legit copy.

If you attempt to play before that time, you definitely run a risk, but it's probably very small.

We do not know when they will actually bring up the servers - I actually expect it to be at least a day or two prior to the first midnight unlock in NZ.
Nobody's getting banned for attempting to play early because some retailer broke their embargo...the servers won't be line, and you won't be able to play, but nobody is sending out the video game police or banning you from playing something you've paid for. It won't happen.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if i'm the only one, but all of my Bungie.net records are currently missing...anyone see theirs differently? I click on my profile-> bungie activities and it's just blank
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
SuckaB wrote: Not sure if i'm the only one, but all of my Bungie.net records are currently missing...anyone see theirs differently? I click on my profile-> bungie activities and it's just blank
same for me. I think this is all part of D2 launch

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)