• Sep 18th, 2017 9:33 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3130 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
s1gfromwpg wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 2:45 pm
My man - good lookin out! Just checked and there it was! Thank you!!!
lol, I literally didn't do anything and y'all would've seen it anyway, but hopefully this puts some people's mind at ease. Now the waiting for servers to go live begins...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9722 posts
835 upvotes
emz wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 10:46 pm
Was Destiny 1's beta this short? I read that Beta ends Sunday July 23 (so 6 days for PS4 users) and that we'll only be able to check the new social space, The Farm, for 1 hour on the last day of the beta.

Source: https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/12/15962 ... 4-xbox-one
No it wasn't this short, but it wasn't that much longer...

Destiny 2 beta:
July 18-23 for PS4 pre-orders = 6 days
July 19-23 for XB1 pre-orders = 5 days
July 21-23 for all PS4 & XB1= 3 days
Late August for PC

Destiny 1 beta:
July 17-20 and July 23-27 for PS4/PS3 pre-orders = 9 days
July 23 to July 27 for XB1/360 pre-orders = 6 days

Seems like Destiny 2 is inline with other similar Activision/Blizzard FPS AAA games... Overwatch 5-7 days depending if you pre-ordered and COD:WWII 5 days.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13970 posts
3070 upvotes
Game took a 1.2 GB update last night but the servers must have been getting hammered as it too 56 minutes to DL and I'm on the Shaw 150 package. DL speed was S-L-O-W!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7253 posts
698 upvotes
Victoria
DougO wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 10:27 am
Game took a 1.2 GB update last night but the servers must have been getting hammered as it too 56 minutes to DL and I'm on the Shaw 150 package. DL speed was S-L-O-W!
Does PSN stuff ever download at full speed? I'm on Telus 50 (and Shaw 50 before that) and it rarely seems to download as fast as you think it should.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10134 posts
3555 upvotes
Have any of you guys received your beta keys for the PC version? I ordered from Amazon about a month ago and still nothing. However I got a beta key for the PS4 version that I purchased for a friend. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if I should contact Amazon.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Mar 26, 2008
428 posts
674 upvotes
Mississauga
SickBeast wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 11:08 am
Have any of you guys received your beta keys for the PC version? I ordered from Amazon about a month ago and still nothing. However I got a beta key for the PS4 version that I purchased for a friend. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if I should contact Amazon.

I believe the PC beta is in August right? I would assume the keys would probably be sent out in August too.
PSN ID: R0CK3T5YNT5T [R zero C K three T five Y N T five T]

I play Destiny 2, Destiny 1, The Division, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and Far Cry 4 - meet you online!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10134 posts
3555 upvotes
thegr8testone wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 11:56 am
I believe the PC beta is in August right? I would assume the keys would probably be sent out in August too.
No, I checked and they are supposed to send you a key within 3 days of purchase. I think it was because I also bought a PS4 copy for my friend, and it says "limit one per customer" for the beta keys. I just did a live chat and they gave me a key right away and I was able to redeem it (but not download the game yet, like you said it will be out in August).
Mar 26, 2008
428 posts
674 upvotes
Mississauga
SickBeast wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 12:48 pm
No, I checked and they are supposed to send you a key within 3 days of purchase. I think it was because I also bought a PS4 copy for my friend, and it says "limit one per customer" for the beta keys. I just did a live chat and they gave me a key right away and I was able to redeem it (but not download the game yet, like you said it will be out in August).
Cool beans - have they released the min PC specs for the game? Because based on what they were actually using at the showcase event - that shyt is expensive AF!

LINK

I play Destiny 2, Destiny 1, The Division, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and Far Cry 4 - meet you online!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10134 posts
3555 upvotes
thegr8testone wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 1:46 pm
Cool beans - have they released the min PC specs for the game? Because based on what they were actually using at the showcase event - that shyt is expensive AF!

LINK
They have stated that the game will run nicely on modest PC hardware. Hopefully it is well optimized. I hope they create an SLI profile for the game.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2139 posts
8 upvotes
Today's the big day! What ate you guys looking forward to checking out the most in the beta? I'm excited to try out the new supers for each class.
May 9, 2007
771 posts
195 upvotes
The more I look at the UI the more I really like it. I love the fonts and the straight lines. It looks so clean and sharp. Not sure how else to describe it.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3636 posts
298 upvotes
I hate forbes website so just copied and pasted unless you like all the adds and waiting for the countdown timer.
The closed beta for Destiny 2 begins today on PlayStation 4. The beta is reserved primarily for pre-order customers, press, and VIPs, but there's a way around that if you're so inclined.

Over at reddit, users have pointed out that simply setting up a Hong Kong, Singapore or Japanese PSN account will get you into the beta without having to pre-order the game. This is often the case with betas and it's a pretty simple workaround that gamers have used for other titles, like Call of Duty, in the past.

Here's what to do:

Simply create a new user account on your console and make sure to list your home country as one of these locations.

Set up your address (you can look up public places to use, like libraries, stadiums, and so forth) and enter a new email address that you can use for the confirmation.

If you use Gmail, simply add +[country] after your email, so for instance youremail+Singapore@gmail.com. That way all the email goes to the same account.

Once you've confirmed your account, simply go to the PS Store and download the beta. Voila presto, you're firing away at the Vex and taking down enemy Guardians in the Crucible.

If that sounds like too much work, and you'd prefer to just wait until the beta opens up, you can do that also. The open beta begins on July 21st at 10 am PDT.

Recommended by Forbes
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Mar 26, 2008
428 posts
674 upvotes
Mississauga
I liked the Beta - gave us a taste but I did have some issues with it - supers charge WAYYYYYYY too slow - enemies are bullet sponges and PvP still has red bar warriors....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)