Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 8:25 am
Jan 17, 2017
67 posts
36 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:56 pm
Powered through the campaign and I'm power level 210. What's the best way to get raid ready? Just run strikes/nightfall/etc?
Here's what I did:

- 200 to 260: public events. Use bungie app to find a team. Blues will drop usually above current level, purples are always +6 I believe. Save coins for 260. I saved most of my gunsmith parts as well, but I think you want to spend them here if your weapon is lowering your light.
-260: spend your vendor/faction coins and upgrade gear. You'll hopefully hit around 265 to 270.
- 265+: at this point, turn in the powerful rewards for finishing the game (if you didn't already) and finish the weekly milestones and clan rewards (join a clan!). Do the exotic weapon quests from each planet as well. For the earth one, save your blue scout rifles as you will need to break them down.

I find it's not that hard to level after 265 just working on the milestones and clan rewards is like 8 powerful engrams a week. And if you choose to level a different character later, your guns transferred over will really speed up the 200-260 time.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Wow I had no idea the Destiny app had built in LFG.
This makes it so much easier.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4705 posts
814 upvotes
Milton
Soty613 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
Here's what I did:

- 200 to 260: public events. Use bungie app to find a team. Blues will drop usually above current level, purples are always +6 I believe. Save coins for 260. I saved most of my gunsmith parts as well, but I think you want to spend them here if your weapon is lowering your light.
-260: spend your vendor/faction coins and upgrade gear. You'll hopefully hit around 265 to 270.
- 265+: at this point, turn in the powerful rewards for finishing the game (if you didn't already) and finish the weekly milestones and clan rewards (join a clan!). Do the exotic weapon quests from each planet as well. For the earth one, save your blue scout rifles as you will need to break them down.

I find it's not that hard to level after 265 just working on the milestones and clan rewards is like 8 powerful engrams a week. And if you choose to level a different character later, your guns transferred over will really speed up the 200-260 time.
yea im at the 265+ struggle bus.

Currently trying to power level my next alt which feels more like a chore compared to D1
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4791 posts
617 upvotes
calgary
This game is really giving me a ton of old school Halo vibes, way more then the first Destiny (which did very little for me) and probably even more then the new Halo's by 343i

From the massive beautiful skyboxes, to the large battles between various factions/races, and the various sandboxes, to the variety in the OST which seems to kick into gear at various times.

The campaign/story missions still feel a bit plain in comparison to a game like Halo but that's likely due to the open-shared world nature of the game.

Prop's to bungie!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1545 posts
672 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm excited to fight the Goa'uld in the next expansion.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6302 posts
293 upvotes
GT'eh
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:48 am
Wow I had no idea the Destiny app had built in LFG.
This makes it so much easier.
I still like the 100's app better, has anyone found a Destiny 2 inventory management app yet? Ishtar commander was great in D1.

Also has anyone had time to run .... err, um exploit the chest run on Nessus or one of many loot caves on other planets? I heard there are at least 2.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4705 posts
814 upvotes
Milton
Neovingian wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:56 pm
I still like the 100's app better, has anyone found a Destiny 2 inventory management app yet? Ishtar commander was great in D1.

Also has anyone had time to run .... err, um exploit the chest run on Nessus or one of many loot caves on other planets? I heard there are at least 2.
I tried nesses chest run.. not worth it unless you want to collect tokens.

the new one, the public event one, is actually good for alts and also exotic farming. but its a solo run
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 3:11 pm
I tried nesses chest run.. not worth it unless you want to collect tokens.

the new one, the public event one, is actually good for alts and also exotic farming. but its a solo run
The Titan witch one? I tried it last night didn't work for me for some reason. Was solo
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1545 posts
672 upvotes
Hamilton
At 262 now. Hopefully my crew and I will attempt the raid this weekend.

Anyone else feel like auto rifles are a lot better this time around?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7454 posts
769 upvotes
Victoria
Dpack22 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 9:37 am
At 262 now. Hopefully my crew and I will attempt the raid this weekend.

Anyone else feel like auto rifles are a lot better this time around?
I'm up 272 but now the grind is real.... working through the exotic quests now... need to find someone to do the rat king quest & nightfall tomorrow....

I'm definitely using an auto rifle as my primary. Found one that is fairly accurate and does a lot of damage.

Pulse Rifle's still suck. They're like an autorifle that only shoots 5 bullets at a time... lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1545 posts
672 upvotes
Hamilton
zod wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 10:11 am
I'm up 272 but now the grind is real.... working through the exotic quests now... need to find someone to do the rat king quest & nightfall tomorrow....

I'm definitely using an auto rifle as my primary. Found one that is fairly accurate and does a lot of damage.

Pulse Rifle's still suck. They're like an autorifle that only shoots 5 bullets at a time... lol.
Right????? Between Scouts and Auto's I just disassemble everything. I've got my fingers crossed for skyburners oath for the raid, that's nothing but a hope and a prayer.

I still need to do the nightfall, was waiting to get above 260 so the loot is a bit more meaningful.

All I know is i'm having a blast from this game. Bunge really nailed it and I haven't even done the raid. That will be a half-drunk attempt tomorrow night I'm sure lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 10:11 am

I'm in for rat king and nightfall
Sep 22, 2011
956 posts
305 upvotes
OAKVILLE
I'm still only level 7 right now (gotta start somewhere). Got some buddies who are much higher but we tried to play 4v4 crucible and got slaughtered. Like bad.

Is there any sort of match-making system? Felt like I'd go down after 2-3 bullets and I could unload a clip on a guy while he ran toward me and killed me with a melee attack.

Wasn't fun at all.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4791 posts
617 upvotes
calgary
toronto1979 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:31 am
I'm still only level 7 right now (gotta start somewhere). Got some buddies who are much higher but we tried to play 4v4 crucible and got slaughtered. Like bad.

Is there any sort of match-making system? Felt like I'd go down after 2-3 bullets and I could unload a clip on a guy while he ran toward me and killed me with a melee attack.

Wasn't fun at all.
This echos my thoughts, I know there is some sort of system to put everything on an even playing field regardless of player/light level but it kind of breaks down for me when I'm at the mercy of what my current weapon type is (which is usually just based on the weapon I have with the highest damage). Also Im unclear if the advantages given by legendary items is maintained in multiplayer IRRC in destiny 1 those player boosts usually were kept.

It always feels that Im at some sort of major disadvantage to someone who has sunk a bunch of time into the game and stocked up on PVP centric Legendary items and has figured out the best weapons to use in PVP. I like the move to 4v4 but overall I once again consider the PvP nothing more then a small side distraction from the main game which shines with its PvE stuff.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
toronto1979 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:31 am

Wasn't fun at all.
QuickPlay prioritizes connection over skill rank.
Competitive is supposed to be SR based.
Although I read somewhere recently that actual SR ranking based matchmaking hasnt been activated.

Another thing to note is that all damage is normalized in PvP regardless of rank or level. Its best to just find a gun that you like in terms of handling and perks.
Last edited by SuckaB on Sep 15th, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.