• Oct 20th, 2017 12:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7019 posts
448 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:54 am
This echos my thoughts, I know there is some sort of system to put everything on an even playing field regardless of player/light level but it kind of breaks down for me when I'm at the mercy of what my current weapon type is (which is usually just based on the weapon I have with the highest damage). Also Im unclear if the advantages given by legendary items is maintained in multiplayer IRRC in destiny 1 those player boosts usually were kept.

It always feels that Im at some sort of major disadvantage to someone who has sunk a bunch of time into the game and stocked up on PVP centric Legendary items and has figured out the best weapons to use in PVP. I like the move to 4v4 but overall I once again consider the PvP nothing more then a small side distraction from the main game which shines with its PvE stuff.
I've done a few crucible matches and did well....if you're levelling up, one of the weapons you get from Zavala is really good in PVP, the Origin Story, and MIDA mini and multi are both good if you're going through that questline as well. Quickplay should be level advantage disabled, its mostly strategy you have to be careful of.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9759 posts
848 upvotes
spena wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:15 am
yea im at the 265+ struggle bus.

Currently trying to power level my next alt which feels more like a chore compared to D1
Definitely longer than D1. D1 had a short campaign mode, so it was easy to launch your way to level 20 and be "raid ready". I'm at 277. I got pretty much all exotic quests to complete, so I should be able to hit 280 this weekend.

But max light (power) level... nothing will be as bad as D1 and the "forever 29".
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
2961 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe some of you can figure out this as I must have missed something but if I do the following, why does it work:

Item A: 270 Chest Piece
Item B: 265 Chest Piece

Example:

Infuse Item B into Item A (the 265 into the 270) = 283 Chest Piece

How am I able to take a weaker power item and infuse it into a higher one and then gain a crapload of power?

I tested it out with weapons as well and same experience.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Shiznacka wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 2:45 pm
Maybe some of you can figure out this as I must have missed something but if I do the following, why does it work:

Example:

How am I able to take a weaker power item and infuse it into a higher one and then gain a crapload of power?

Are they blue or purple? Have you looked at the mods? Mods affect the base.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Actually even if mods were involved. That still doesn't add up to the 283... Hmmm I should test this out. Maybe a bug butt j wonder if I can abuse it... What rarety did you try
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1089 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Shiznacka wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 2:45 pm

Example:

This is exactly what Similar thing happened to me as well. Infused an Exotic Karnstein Armlets 203 with a 265 blue and got a 283 270 Karnstein! Seems infusion could add power on top of the base.

Moral of the story - don't shard your exotics if they're low light. Infuse it to give yourself a massive light boost.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5169 posts
1626 upvotes
Toronto
Question for you guys who have finished it already, how good is the campaign in this game and how long does it last? Worth buying just for that? Not much time for PVP and multiplayer games these days.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 3:45 pm
Question for you guys who have finished it already, how good is the campaign in this game and how long does it last? Worth buying just for that? Not much time for PVP and multiplayer games these days.
Personally no, if you are literally going to play the SP and nothing else, it's not worth it. The content opens up after STORY ends.

With that said, I think EB Games has guaranteed $50 for two weeks. Got an email a while back.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5169 posts
1626 upvotes
Toronto
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 4:00 pm
Personally no, if you are literally going to play the SP and nothing else, it's not worth it. The content opens up after STORY ends.
Interesting what kind of content opens up after the story and what is the hook and appeal of that? Can't really take advantage of the EB thing because I'm waiting to play it on PC
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 4:13 pm
Interesting what kind of content opens up after the story and what is the hook and appeal of that? Can't really take advantage of the EB thing because I'm waiting to play it on PC
Side quests/strikes. Some loot caves. Side stories are pretty good lore. Although the bottom line is, if you hate the grind, then you might not like this game even though the grind is already considered minimal compared to some other games.

You need higher power to enjoy harder content such as the raid.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Ayumix wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 3:35 pm
This is exactly what Similar thing happened to me as well. Infused an Exotic Karnstein Armlets 203 with a 265 blue and got a 283 270 Karnstein! Seems infusion could add power on top of the base.

Moral of the story - don't shard your exotics if they're low light. Infuse it to give yourself a massive light boost.
Just tested things out, wasted 20+ shards.
No bug here, the +5 power difference comes from the built in mod from exotic, the base is still 265+5
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 11:08 am
I'm in for rat king and nightfall
I'll probably hop on around 9am PST (noon EST) tomorrow. Usename is Zod_ but I think you're in the clan so I'll be easy to find :)

edit: have you done the quests up to the point you get the thing were you have to rat king stuff? I think you have to have the thing in your weapon inventory so you work towards the exotic too.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 6:48 pm
I'll probably hop on around 9am PST (noon EST) tomorrow. Usename is Zod_ but I think you're in the clan so I'll be easy to find :)

edit: have you done the quests up to the point you get the thing were you have to rat king stuff? I think you have to have the thing in your weapon inventory so you work towards the exotic too.
Zod... This is Eulogeo... Ring a bell? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 6:55 pm
Zod... This is Eulogeo... Ring a bell? ;)
yah you got scored an exotic when we were farming public events the other day and somehow I got one from the strike loot... lol...
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1884 posts
288 upvotes
Ayumix wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 3:35 pm

You got 270 because the blue was 265 and the exotic has a +5 mod. Same will happen with legendary if it has a mod.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Dpack22, SpicYMchaggis