• Nov 30th, 2017 11:33 am
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
2964 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
jrees wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 12:18 am
You got 270 because the blue was 265 and the exotic has a +5 mod. Same will happen with legendary if it has a mod.
Hmm I’ll have to pay closer attention if the items in question have mods. But if my item A’s already have +5 mods it shouldn’t matter what item B has and yet I still go up.

But I will pay attention next time. Stuck at 275. Waiting for my buddies to level up for nightfall or raid.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1931 posts
311 upvotes
Shiznacka wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 9:38 am
Hmm I’ll have to pay closer attention if the items in question have mods. But if my item A’s already have +5 mods it shouldn’t matter what item B has and yet I still go up.

But I will pay attention next time. Stuck at 275. Waiting for my buddies to level up for nightfall or raid.
Well, if you infuse using a 275 with a mod (base 270 with +5 mod) you only get your item to 270. You really need to pay attention to the mods.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7504 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
Yah the mod thing is annoying until you hit level 280, then you can use it to give yourself a little bump.. and since you can put a mod in anything after that then it's not so bad using exotics :)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1931 posts
311 upvotes
Yeah, the 280 hump felt tough to beat. Once over 280 it's no problem. Sitting at 292, 293 and 294 now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7504 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
Really? I got that little bump to after 280 when I was able to add a few mods but it was a long grind just from 282 to 285.

I've kind of done everything you can do except for the raid, so the only way I can level up more is by farming heroic events... meh. I did the last exotic question today.. and I kind of realized that's it. I might try the raid. The reviews aren't great and apparently it doesn't give out very good gear :(

I'll probably do the weekly stuff with powerful rewards to keep leveling up. Not sure how else to level up right now.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3540 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 10:28 pm
Really? I got that little bump to after 280 when I was able to add a few mods but it was a long grind just from 282 to 285.

I've kind of done everything you can do except for the raid, so the only way I can level up more is by farming heroic events... meh. I did the last exotic question today.. and I kind of realized that's it. I might try the raid. The reviews aren't great and apparently it doesn't give out very good gear :(

I'll probably do the weekly stuff with powerful rewards to keep leveling up. Not sure how else to level up right now.
Trials. Gives really high powered loot if you are Good enough. I'm scrubby on the consoles so can't find nobody to carry.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7504 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 4:02 pm
Trials. Gives really high powered loot if you are Good enough. I'm scrubby on the consoles so can't find nobody to carry.
I'm barely mediocre at crucible.... I used to be the worst, but then in D1 I started doing a lot of iron banner for the rewards and got slightly better :)
Dec 16, 2006
32 posts
Markham
Hi guys, noobs here
I just finished the campaign and my current Light is 210

Some said you should wait until 265 light to open all the Engrams from Vendors, and then do the challenges that rewards you legendary gears.
So, what is the best way to level up my light to 265? Do the side quests and public events?
Any advice? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6692 posts
805 upvotes
kululu wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 6:59 pm
Hi guys, noobs here

Some said you should wait until 265 light to open all the Engrams from Vendors, and then do the challenges that rewards you legendary gears.
So, what is the best way to level up my light to 265? Do the side quests and public events?
Any advice? Thanks!
you open engrams lol thats how you level up. you'll get tons more along the way.

blues take you all the way to 260.

after that epics are the only thing to take you up slowly

and for big bumps, exotic engrams take you up higher.

Basically, use your non-exotic engrams to help you level up. Keep those to jump up into higher gear once you're around level 265.

Do crucible, do challenges,do events, just play the game and you'll level up.

im 265 at the moment and the 260 to 265 took me 10ish hours of running around and just playing the game.

Ive only done the sturm exotic quest, so i have plenty more to do.

I feel like I'll easily be able to get 100 hours out of the game, which means its worth the price.

I actually wasnt thinking of buying it until my friends all made me cave in. Its a ton better designed than the 1st game, and the environments are a lot bigger and have more content to do.

I'm running solo until i reach level 270+ gear at which point ill do the nightfall and start using groups of people for raiding.
Jan 17, 2017
71 posts
37 upvotes
kululu wrote:
Hi guys, noobs here

Any advice? Thanks!
It was probably me.

If you don't have alot of time to play, just turn everything in to speed up the process. Joining a clan will really help if you don't have alot of time to play as you can usually get 2 powerful rewards per week on most clans (crucible and nightfall). Note that you don't need to do those activities to get the reward (although participating with clan is a good thing).

From 200-260:
- the blues that drop range from -2 to +4 of your current light level. Legendaries are +6.
- if your guns are at or below your light level, use gunsmith parts to bring them up
- public events for blues/purples/coins. There is a weekly powerful reward that resets Tuesday. You want to enable the Patrol mission on earth to start this and enable with Cayde.
- Lost Sectors (the three in Trostland on earth are quick) for blues/purples/coins
- Decrypt any engram you get as the level is determined when it drops
- Do not get the legendary rewards from the people in the "social space" when you finished the game. These rewards will scale as your level grows. Save them until you reach 265ish.
- Xur
- Save planet coins until 260. The reason here is that when blues cannot get you higher (260), you have to go higher with legendaries. Farming legendaries will be slow, but if you save your coins, you'll go from 260 to 265+ instantly. At this point, turn in the powerful rewards to get 270+.
- From 270+, weekly powerful rewards.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4715 posts
818 upvotes
Milton
kululu wrote:
Hi guys, noobs here

Any advice? Thanks!
Agree with Everyone's feedback above. But if you are visual person here are some youtube clips on leveling:

Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1620 posts
704 upvotes
Hamilton
Had the game since launch, I'm officially bored of it now lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4841 posts
649 upvotes
calgary
Dam, just beat the game last night and I came here to get some tips on how to get "raid ready" except Ive already cashed-in all my legendary reward quests. Hopefully its not too much of a grind and the grind is at least enjoyable as I don't have a ton of patience for this stuff.

I was able to get raid ready soley by playing PvP in Destiny 1.
Dec 16, 2006
32 posts
Markham
Thanks for the tips Buggy166, Soty613, spena !

I joined the TBW clan mentioned in this thread earlier.
I moved slowly from 210 to 230 during the weekend, mainly doing public events and adventures for a few hours.
I guess I should add Lost sectors and Patrol missions to my to-do list.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6692 posts
805 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 12:08 pm
Dam, just beat the game last night and I came here to get some tips on how to get "raid ready" except Ive already cashed-in all my legendary reward quests. Hopefully its not too much of a grind and the grind is at least enjoyable as I don't have a ton of patience for this stuff.

I was able to get raid ready soley by playing PvP in Destiny 1.
they drop very often, so dont stress.

exotic engrams i find drop 2-3 times per week for me while doing player events or random things in game, nothing out of the way.

just play the game and have fun. If you do nightfall, and so forth every week,, you'll easily level up with "powerful" engrams.

I wish there was more quests in the game for PvE past the challenges and such. The exotic weapon quests are nice, but more of them could've been nice, and not just for weapons or armor. could've been for weird looking ghosts or old school ships, etc

seems 95% of the content that could've been used as low-end "fun" rewards in the game is locked purely behind a pay wall. The only workaround is to play the game for 30-40 hours a week and get one of those bright engrams. There's a difficulty curve to getting those, so if you're happy with how often it happens at first, i have bad news for you.

Still, overall better than the first game, but they could've done more quest content and more strikes. Are there only 4? i did 10 yesterday and it seemed way more repetitive than my Destiny 1 rotation.

III hope their expansions are more meaty than the BS dlc content of the past game.. Taken King excluded, because that was actually pretty good stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)