Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 12:00 pm
Jan 17, 2017
63 posts
34 upvotes
kululu wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 12:59 pm
Thanks for the tips Buggy166, Soty613, spena !

I joined the TBW clan mentioned in this thread earlier.
I moved slowly from 210 to 230 during the weekend, mainly doing public events and adventures for a few hours.
I guess I should add Lost sectors and Patrol missions to my to-do list.
Just a quick note, enabling the Patrol mission (ahhh blue quest thingy on earth.. mid left on map) enables your weekly Cayde milestone of public events. It's the easiest weekly milestone to complete. Doing patrols isn't the best for leveling... I only do them if waiting for a public event.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
The nightfall this week was pretty frustrating. I never did finish it.. lol.

So now it's really me logging into to do some of the milestones:

Call To Arms (weekly crucible thing that gets you powerful gear)
Cayde's Milestone of the public events
5000 weekly clan experience

Cayde's treasure maps (which I'm told can drop powerful gear, but the few legendaries I've dropped were 10 levels below me like everything else).
Farm for Glimmer - because I blew all my glimmer on the maps and buying mods from the gunsmith

I'm up to 292.... so those are the things I can do. If the nightfall isn't horrible I'll add that in. Plus I get drops for a few of the clan activities which is very helpful.

The factions start tomorrow. I'm wondering if they'll drop powerful gear, or if there drops will be as useless most of the other purple drops :)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4684 posts
801 upvotes
Milton
Dpack22 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 10:28 am
Had the game since launch, I'm officially bored of it now lol.
im getting there too. Getting close to max light on my titan (i have two) and finished the raids multiple times. However I have yet to try Trials.

My D2 chores to do before the new expansion is released is to create my warlock and ahve it max the light.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1454 posts
606 upvotes
Hamilton
spena wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 3:16 pm
im getting there too. Getting close to max light on my titan (i have two) and finished the raids multiple times. However I have yet to try Trials.

My D2 chores to do before the new expansion is released is to create my warlock and ahve it max the light.
I haven't even finished the raid yet. I attempted trials and didn't get totally wrecked, so that's a bit different than the last game.

I feel like they got a lot of things right, and definitely improved the game play, quality of life elements like fast travel, public events, etc. The game feels very polished and mechanically plays very well. I started off very excited and hopeful but it seems to have suffered the same fate as other Destiny expansions. Lack of things to do. A lot of effort went into the gameplay, but not so much on the content.

The problem is I feel like this is more of a big expansion than a full game, circa taken king kind of update. It was very fun while I played it, but it's already repetitive and I can see most of my friends list on xbox going back to other games.

I've officially moved back to PUBG lol.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
Is the gear factions are giving out any more powerful than your standard legendary drops?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9759 posts
848 upvotes
zod wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 2:35 pm
The nightfall this week was pretty frustrating. I never did finish it.. lol.

So now it's really me logging into to do some of the milestones:

Call To Arms (weekly crucible thing that gets you powerful gear)
Cayde's Milestone of the public events
5000 weekly clan experience

Cayde's treasure maps (which I'm told can drop powerful gear, but the few legendaries I've dropped were 10 levels below me like everything else).
Farm for Glimmer - because I blew all my glimmer on the maps and buying mods from the gunsmith

I'm up to 292.... so those are the things I can do. If the nightfall isn't horrible I'll add that in. Plus I get drops for a few of the clan activities which is very helpful.

The factions start tomorrow. I'm wondering if they'll drop powerful gear, or if there drops will be as useless most of the other purple drops :)
Last week's NF was annoying. There was the occasional glitch and the boss was super annoying to DPS. At least there was a way to cheat the system. At the end of the middle stage with the giant Shanks, one person can stay back and repeatedly hit the same Anomaly. The other 2 have to still get through the next stages as fast as possible and hopefully by the time they reach the final room, you maxed out on Anomalies you can hit. I beat it 3 times on 4 tries with anywhere from 10 - 13 minutes left at the final boss. Each time we beat him we had between 1-3 minutes left. My last run was actually super fast, until markers you have to run through didn't spawn in on the second section for 3 minutes. I felt like we could have beaten it and completed the Rat King quest.

This week's NF looks simple enough. The key is to run through sections where you can run through. But there are 3 sections where you you need to stand on the plates or pull out your ghost. Technically you don't need to clear out all the ADDS, but you probably end up doing so. Basically if it's not a section where you have to do something, you can run through it. The boss section will be annoying. There are 4 parts where you need to stand on plates where the boss cannot be hurt which will eat a lot of time. Overall seems easier than last week.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4684 posts
801 upvotes
Milton
zod wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:14 am
Is the gear factions are giving out any more powerful than your standard legendary drops?
For weapons, yes. Reddit is hyping up New Monarchy's sidearm for pvp and SMG with High Caliber Round.

FWC has some good pve weps: a handcannon which seemingly deal full damage at infinite range and a Pulse Rifle (Rally-Winner-Reward) which has Explosions and Ammo Reserve

While Dead Orbit's hype is black-ish armour
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
spena wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 1:46 pm
For weapons, yes. Reddit is hyping up New Monarchy's sidearm for pvp and SMG with High Caliber Round.

FWC has some good pve weps: a handcannon which seemingly deal full damage at infinite range and a Pulse Rifle (Rally-Winner-Reward) which has Explosions and Ammo Reserve

While Dead Orbit's hype is black-ish armour
Good to know. I actually mean if the faction packages dropped at power levels of up to 300, or if they were dropped at power levels 10 back from your current level like everything else.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1171 posts
259 upvotes
GTA
Hey I just found this thread.

Im kind of stuck at light level 220. Ive been doing public quests, caydes treasure maps, and random adventures to get to this point. Now it seems like ive hit a wall and find it harder and harder to gear up.

Anyone have any tips on what I could do next? How do I join this TBW clan i read about a few pgs back?

Thanks!!!!
Jan 28, 2013
147 posts
42 upvotes
Canada Eh
Realistically most activities should provide you with enough blues to get to 265. Don't hold back spending that glimmer on vendor gear and remember to open your engrams as soon as possible. Once you hit that 265 softcap for blue gear completing the weekly milestones(nightfall, flash point and call to arms), exotic quests and leveling factions should take you the rest of way.
Dec 16, 2006
31 posts
Markham
Akizuki wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 11:06 am
Hey I just found this thread.

Im kind of stuck at light level 220. Ive been doing public quests, caydes treasure maps, and random adventures to get to this point. Now it seems like ive hit a wall and find it harder and harder to gear up.

Anyone have any tips on what I could do next? How do I join this TBW clan i read about a few pgs back?

Thanks!!!!
Kind of in the same boat as you. I did public events/lost sectors/patrols/adventures for about an hour or so, and luckily I moved from 230 to 242.
So I guess you/we just have to keep grinding ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the link to the clan:
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=1071717
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
If your not at 260 yet, then it's all about grinding and getting blue engrams and continually swapping the gear with more power.

I found the grind after 280 to be much harder. Only so many activities to do every week to go up. I'm up to 295 now. Only went from 292 to 295 this week. That was doing all the milestones except for the raid and getting two clan engrams (which kept dropping me heavy weapons which was the one thing already pretty high :( ).
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1454 posts
606 upvotes
Hamilton
Nightfall was ez mode with striker titan and the double pulse grenades.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4754 posts
609 upvotes
It seems pretty easy to level up, Ive put in an hour each night just running around doing random quests, public events, patrols, challenges etc... and I went from 200 to 235 in probably 2.5 hours in game time.

I think Im enjoying the endgame grind even more then I enjoyed the story mode, its really quite fun and addicting and unlike the first game there is tons of different activities to do, your always getting reward with cool stuff, the goals and how you achieve them are much more cleanly laid out and it always seems like your making progress. It's just a totally different and incredibly superior experience then what the end game was like at the end of the original Destiny.

Now a question for y'all, is it more advisable to upgrade your low power level exotics or just use dismantle them and use the highest power level item you have in that moment?

Ive been upgrading them, but I did notice you can re-buy any exotic you have dismantled for some exotic shard from the vault.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Dpack22, SpicYMchaggis