• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2017 9:20 am
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9762 posts
853 upvotes
kululu wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:07 pm
Do you guys always use your highest level weapons?
In my case, I love my Origin Story (265) and Nameless Midnight (272), but my highest rated weapon is Mida Multi-Tool (287).
Same goes to Energy weapon, love Uriel's Gift (270) but my Mida Mini-Tool is higher at 277.
I wasn't while grinding up to 300+. Origin Story, Nameless Midnight, and Uriel's Gift were... and still are my "go to" weapons. Even if it made my PL lower. The drops you get are based on your highest potential PL, so as long as you don't discard your highest PL weapons, you should be good.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1080 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys,

Destiny noob here. Only played the trial version of Destiny 1 so didn't get very far. Just bought Destiny 2 and about to jump right in. It seems like there is SO MUCH to do and I'm not sure where to start. Don't have any buddies playing this at the moment (Dad gaming).

Will I ramp up easily enough and have fun playing solo campaign/story missions for a little while? Do I need to find a fireteam right away in order to get access to all the goodies in the game or can that wait until I'm at a much higher light level? I understand there is match-making for Strikes but not for the Raids and Nightfall stuff. Do I need to worry about those from the get-go?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7366 posts
736 upvotes
Victoria
You don't need a fireteam to do the main campaign. Even after the main campaign you only need a fireteam to do nightfalls and raids (Which really aren't mandatory).

I would start with the main campaign and do the "adventures" when they pop up to help level up.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4006 posts
236 upvotes
Hey guys, apologies if this was already asked somewhere in this thread. I have been hammering out Destiny and got myself to level 260, thinking I could join the Leviathan raid. I am now reading that even though the level range is 260-280, you reallyyy should be at the top end of that to succeed. Regardless, I can't seem to partake even though I'm at the minimum requirements. Any idea why??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7366 posts
736 upvotes
Victoria
You need a fireteam to run the raid. How are you finding one? Using the find fireteam function on bungies website usually gets people looking for experienced people with a high power level. It's one of the things with destiny. I think you can access the raid at level 260 once you're done the main campaign... but finding people that have the patience to help you learn it.. that's hard :)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1080 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys quick question, I'm still pretty early in the game but came across some mods. Should I just use these right away to improve my gear and boost my light level or hold onto them until I'm at a much higher light level?
Feb 1, 2013
135 posts
50 upvotes
kululu wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:07 pm
Do you guys always use your highest level weapons?
In my case, I love my Origin Story (265) and Nameless Midnight (272), but my highest rated weapon is Mida Multi-Tool (287).
Same goes to Energy weapon, love Uriel's Gift (270) but my Mida Mini-Tool is higher at 277.
Not for crucible (non-competitive). I stick with my ROS LYSIS II (260) for crucible matches (non-competitive). I use the high level stuff when I'm just cruising around on patrols or strikes, but always go back to my auto-rifle for p.v.p., since they take away advantages and the power isn't taken into account. The ROS LYSIS II fits my style in multiplayer since it has little recoil and has a high rounds/minute rate.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4685 posts
801 upvotes
Milton
iluvsdadeals wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 10:30 am
Hey guys quick question, I'm still pretty early in the game but came across some mods. Should I just use these right away to improve my gear and boost my light level or hold onto them until I'm at a much higher light level?
Yes!! play around with it. My favourite mods: grenade recharge, kinetic recoil reduction and power reload reduction.

Here are more tips:

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9762 posts
853 upvotes
iluvsdadeals wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 10:30 am
If this is the first time you're seeing them, then you're probably only seeing blue ones. When you get to a higher level, you'll start getting purple ones. Those will increase the PL of the item by 5 as well as giving some sort of perk.
spena wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:20 am
Yes!! play around with it. My favourite mods: grenade recharge, kinetic recoil reduction and power reload reduction.

Here are more tips:

I can't see videos at work, but personally, I cherish any Recovery mods. I use those over anything else. Then Resilience (though this is more for PVP), then Grenade cool down, then melee, then class ability... and mobility, counterbalance and reload at the bottom. I dismantle those for to try to get kinetic weapon mods. I use primary scout mostly, so it doesn't need counterbalance and use Sins of the Past for my power weapon (which auto reloads when holstered). Mobility is garbage.

Current favorite set up: My Warlock has 10 Recovery with (recovery and melee mods), Winter’s Guile (exotic gauntlets) with Devour. As long as there are ADDs around, my Warlock with constantly regen health with each slap and will stack to a max of 7K damage. It's enough that I can 2 slap a yellow bar ogre on patrol.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
Finally beat the raid yesterday. Mechanically challenging at first but once everyone figured out their role and communicates well it's pretty simple.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1885 posts
288 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 2:32 pm
Finally beat the raid yesterday. Mechanically challenging at first but once everyone figured out their role and communicates well it's pretty simple.
Cool. Now run the new difficulty that dropped today. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
jrees wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 7:18 pm
Cool. Now run the new difficulty that dropped today. :)
You mean that one that doesn't give you better loot? No thanks lol
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1885 posts
288 upvotes
Ya. My crew ALWAYS raided when the new modes dropped. None of us could even be bothered to run it today... :(
Mar 26, 2008
430 posts
674 upvotes
Mississauga
The prestige raid is more like an ep33n thing than anything else.

[people who did prestige raid] look at my armor, I am MLG, I am better than you, I am glorious!! worship my enormous digital junk

[me] meh, I am the same LL as you.
PSN ID: R0CK3T5YNT5T [R zero C K three T five Y N T five T]

I play Destiny 2, Destiny 1, The Division, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and Far Cry 4 - meet you online!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4685 posts
801 upvotes
Milton
just looking forward to the next expansion for now. in the mean time, going to create my last character, warlock, and prep for the next new content.