Destiny 2 - General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 10:18 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1538 posts
671 upvotes
Hamilton
If anyone wants a challenge try doing the raid shotgun prestige nightfall. That was a pain in the Ghaul to do.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 12:00 pm
If anyone wants a challenge try doing the raid shotgun prestige nightfall. That was a pain in the Ghaul to do.
Solo?

People have soloed the Prestige NF with no guns.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1538 posts
671 upvotes
Hamilton
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 12:59 pm
Solo?

People have soloed the Prestige NF with no guns.
Not this one.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:39 pm
Not this one.
Oh, wait are you talking about doing the NF with the raid shotgun or the 300PL strike as part of the raid shotgun quest?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1538 posts
671 upvotes
Hamilton
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:42 pm
Oh, wait are you talking about doing the NF with the raid shotgun or the 300PL strike as part of the raid shotgun quest?
The second option, sorry I should have been more clear lol. This is the quest as part of the shotgun quest, I wanted to tear my hair out because of the timer. Got it with like 45 seconds to spare.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:56 pm
The second option, sorry I should have been more clear lol. This is the quest as part of the shotgun quest, I wanted to tear my hair out because of the timer. Got it with like 45 seconds to spare.
Maybe it was some sort of weird glitch, but we thought we were screwed as going into that room after the tanks we only had 4 minutes. However, in the next part we shot at those spire things and it bumped our time by 5 minutes. There was a bunch of them, but no way was there 10. We were able to finish it off with about 2 minutes. I haven't tried it again, so no clue if we got lucky or not.

The next part of that is pretty difficult. Getting double kills isn't easy, but if you load up the raid solo, you can kill the guards in 1 shot. You kinda have to wait until they line up, but I was able to get 1-2 double kills with each time I loaded into the raid. FYI, you'll die a lot from the guards at the top that shoot the rockets. The good part is every time you load into the raid you get max ammo.

The next part is collecting 10 Emperor Seals, which you'll get finishing the raid, but you might not get all 10. Seems RNG plays a role. I'm at this stage. The shotgun then will have 2 shots. After that the last step I believe is completing the prestige raid, but all you get is a reskin for the shogun. Considering many I raid with have no motivation to play anymore, I don't think I'll ever finish this quest. I refuse to do prestige raid with randoms. The raid itself with randoms is annoying enough.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1902 posts
307 upvotes
We tried the prestige raid last night. It was so stupid. We have no problem with the new mechanics....but the red bars inntgd raid are no essentially yellow bars, and the yellow bars are absolute tanks. Just opening the door to get into the gauntlet was no fun at all....not worth the effort, that's for sure. Certainly not worth the shotgun skin.
Sep 6, 2006
601 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
I preordered the pc version. I got a shipment notification yesterday. So ami getting a cd? Or just a case with the code inside?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6627 posts
783 upvotes
yesman wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:20 am
I preordered the pc version. I got a shipment notification yesterday. So ami getting a cd? Or just a case with the code inside?
why would they ship you a printed line of text?
Sep 6, 2006
601 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
amazon expected delivery date oct 30. wtf is this crap? isnt the pc release tomorrow?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16670 posts
375 upvotes
I'm doing something wrong with my leveling. I can't get over 288. Any tips for ps4? I don't know many people who game so I do mostly solo stuff and stuff with match making.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
Super strokey wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 12:34 pm
I'm doing something wrong with my leveling. I can't get over 288. Any tips for ps4? I don't know many people who game so I do mostly solo stuff and stuff with match making.
Edited as it looks like a wall of text:

-Use legendary mods on all your favorite items. This will boost the items by 5PL.

-Every week do the milestones which give you powerful engrams. These will always be higher than your current PL. Even the weekly milestone for Crucible... even if you hate Crucible. It only takes 4-6 games depending on how good or bad you do. Go on LFG and do Nightfalls too. This week is one of the easier Nightfalls, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a group.

-Join a clan. By reaching your max contribution Hawthrone will also give you a powerful engram.

-Do the raid. The first chest after the fight with ADDs and any items (rare they drop) from any chest after completing an activity will be above your PL. Hawthrone will also give you a powerful engram. This isn't necessary, but it does give you lots of chances at higher level gear. Even when getting chests, you have a 1/3 chance of getting an exotic engram.

-Do the quests. Do the quests for the Sturm and MIDA Multi Tool in particular. You will get legendary versions of the exotic guns mid way through. Depending on your PL, they can drop as high as 305. I think it'll be a little short for you, but those weapons might help your PL anyways.

-If you have already done those quests or even if you have not, make a second character. It doesn't have to be the same class. This will help if you have already done the exotic weapon quests because then you can do them. It'll help with getting your weapons all to 305PL. Not so much each character.

-If you're out of options you could grind Public Events hoping for Exotic engrams to drop, but this is really rare. Also this won't help class items like cloaks, marks and bonds... THIS IS MY PERSONAL HELL!!! Literally everything on all my characters are 305PL. This includes all Exotics (both weapons (which I happen to have all of them) and armor) and everything in my vault too... all except hunter Cloaks. 3 weeks of failed gathering all milestones and I'm just stuck with 304 Hunter Cloak. It annoys me so much that I'm wearing the 10PL cloak you start the game with. /rant

-One tip you should do right now is stop cashing in engrams from all vendors. The items you receive will not help you with your PL at all. Once you reach 305PL, all vendor engrams will decrypt anywhere between 395 to 300 (this is without mods). This PL changes every 30 minutes for planetary vendors and I think 4 hours for those that are at the Tower. There are sites like twitter and reddit that people post when a vendor is 300PL. Once you find one that is then cash out all your engrams.

EDIT: One other thing you can do. Look at what you can infuse with your weapons. For example, you may have really high energy weapons, but your primary weapons are stuck at a low level. Take one of your high energy weapons and infuse it into a corresponding primary weapon. For example: you have 2 290PL side arms, but they are both energy weapons. You never plan on using them because they suck donkey balls. Infuse one of those into a primary side arm. Then just stow it away in your vault. Your PL won't increase, but your max potential PL will increase. This is important because max potential PL is what Destiny uses to calculate the PL of drops you get.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7439 posts
762 upvotes
Victoria
yesman wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:11 am
amazon expected delivery date oct 30. wtf is this crap? isnt the pc release tomorrow?
Prime or no prime. Never preorder movies/music/games from Amazon if you don't use prime. It feels like they sit on a week just to make you regret that you don't pay for prime.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1347 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
yesman wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:20 am
Buggy166 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 4:10 am
why would they ship you a printed line of text?
B0000rt wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:53 pm
Lol, wasn't Star Wars Battlefront like that? A DVD case with just the CD Key inside?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... h=5bad0f79
This seems to be the trend if a particular game is tied to an online delivery service like Origin, Steam or in this case Blizzard.

From what I see so far on the topic (mainly via reddit), it sounds like this is "PC Download Only" meaning it is indeed a case with a card insert of your download key.