Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1245 posts
287 upvotes
mississauga
spena wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 11:25 am
Comparison PC vs Consoles:

Impressed how well the ps4 is holding up for money spent.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1902 posts
307 upvotes
I have it on PS4 pro and I really have a hard time seeing myself going back to it after playing it on the PC. It really is night and day....
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4703 posts
804 upvotes
Milton
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 10:58 am

Should be miles ahead with a GTX 1070, how is this game with mouse and keyboard?
all the destiny streamers switched to pc. The gameplay is butter smooth with 60fps and if mouse/keyboard is not your thing, ps4 and x1 controllers are fully supported
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1347 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't own a PS4 and never tried Destiny.
Destiny 2 plays very well on a capable PC. I'm enjoying it!

Haswell i7 4770k
GTX 1060 6GB
1080p 60hz (TV)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7449 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
jrees wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 4:10 pm
I have it on PS4 pro and I really have a hard time seeing myself going back to it after playing it on the PC. It really is night and day....
It is a shame they didn't offer 1080p 60fps on the ps4 pro. I read that letting some ps4 players have 60fps and others not would be considered a playing advantage :(

The reason I didn't buy the pc version was the delay in release. I wonder if the DLC's will be delayed too. It's too bad characters can't be cross platform :(
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
zod wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 11:16 am
It is a shame they didn't offer 1080p 60fps on the ps4 pro. I read that letting some ps4 players have 60fps and others not would be considered a playing advantage :(

The reason I didn't buy the pc version was the delay in release. I wonder if the DLC's will be delayed too. It's too bad characters can't be cross platform :(
Just my thought, but I think they didn't do it not because it's not possible, but because of the PS4 exclusives. For example, PS4 has 1 extra strike, 1 extra pvp map, 1 extra exotic (Borealis) and 3 complete armor sets for the 3 character types. So if you use your character in PS4, all these things are available, but if you then play on PC, then what happens? What if you equip this armor and weapon? Will the game know to swap it out when you play on PC? Then what if you delete all armor and power weapons except those exclusives? Will the PC version make your character naked? Also what if those armor and weapons happen to be your top PL items? Will you then have 2 different max PL? Then what happens when those timed exclusives are no longer timed exclusives? Do you get to use them right away or do you have to grind for them? What if you used to actively play on both systems, but then go exclusive to PC and sell your PS4. Will those pieces be locked in your vault of a year? Now you got items which you cannot remove and takes up vault space. Will Bungie support need to remove items for you? That's the issue right now. It gets worse over time because each expansion pack will add to the mess. There's a bunch of technical issues to sort out, but it can be fixed. However what can't be fixed is the exclusive agreement itself. PS4 threw a lot of money at Activision to get exclusives. They want people to buy the game for the PS4 and play on PS4. If you split your time, then even things like buying silver will likely be split. PS4 wants you to buy silver on PSN as they will make money from that. So as long as there are exclusives, I don't think there ever will be cross play or cross save available. Which is unfortunate as I too would have bought both versions.
Mar 11, 2009
724 posts
31 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 1:57 pm
Just my thought, but I think they didn't do it not because it's not possible, but because of the PS4 exclusives. For example, PS4 has 1 extra strike, 1 extra pvp map, 1 extra exotic (Borealis) and 3 complete armor sets for the 3 character types. So if you use your character in PS4, all these things are available, but if you then play on PC, then what happens? What if you equip this armor and weapon? Will the game know to swap it out when you play on PC? Then what if you delete all armor and power weapons except those exclusives? Will the PC version make your character naked? Also what if those armor and weapons happen to be your top PL items? Will you then have 2 different max PL? Then what happens when those timed exclusives are no longer timed exclusives? Do you get to use them right away or do you have to grind for them? What if you used to actively play on both systems, but then go exclusive to PC and sell your PS4. Will those pieces be locked in your vault of a year? Now you got items which you cannot remove and takes up vault space. Will Bungie support need to remove items for you? That's the issue right now. It gets worse over time because each expansion pack will add to the mess. There's a bunch of technical issues to sort out, but it can be fixed. However what can't be fixed is the exclusive agreement itself. PS4 threw a lot of money at Activision to get exclusives. They want people to buy the game for the PS4 and play on PS4. If you split your time, then even things like buying silver will likely be split. PS4 wants you to buy silver on PSN as they will make money from that. So as long as there are exclusives, I don't think there ever will be cross play or cross save available. Which is unfortunate as I too would have bought both versions.
i agree with you, wish they didnt do that because alot of my friends are moving to PC it would be nice to not have to grind the characters.
PSN: gns168 | Gamertag: gns168
---
Currently playing: DaSIII - RC, Destiny-AoT (PS4)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4703 posts
804 upvotes
Milton
zod wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 11:16 am

I am willing to sacrifice 1080p for 60fps maybe 900p @ 60fps would be the sweetspot for us pheasant console players
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9019 posts
195 upvotes
What PL should you be to attempt the Nightfall? And which is the best site to look for a group to do it for PC? I'm 260 or so and want to do this before Tues. Used to use Reddit fireteams on D1 PS4..
it's me ramin.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
B0000rt wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:10 pm
What PL should you be to attempt the Nightfall? And which is the best site to look for a group to do it for PC? I'm 260 or so and want to do this before Tues. Used to use Reddit fireteams on D1 PS4..
Nightfall is only 240PL. Seeing that the PC is still new, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a team on DestinyLFG or Reddit Destiny Fireteams.

On Friday, I used DestinyLFG and joined a group of 260-ish PL. As a 305 Titan, I became an unintentional sherpa and we managed to do it with 3 minutes left. Those guys didn't even have the recommended load outs. One was a Sunbreaker Titan where Striker Titan with double Pulse grenades will destroy this NF. The other was a Voidwalker Warlock, but was tossing Axion Bolts and never dropped his healing rift. I was disappointed not to see revives for the stats. I'm pretty sure, I had somewhere from 15 to 20.

I finished the NF on all my characters, but if you were on PS4, I would have helped you out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9019 posts
195 upvotes
Ah beat it with some 260s... My heart sank when we died near the end.... But to my surprised they only reset if the time runs out hahaha!
it's me ramin.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4703 posts
804 upvotes
Milton
Found this helpful info graph at /r/DestinyTheGame:

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
For quests, I would recommend holding off on the the Drang/Sturm quest until your BPL (Base Power Level without mods) is 290. The reason being is and the MIDA (Multi and Mini tool) quest both give you 2 weapons which are 15 PL (10 + 5 mod) above your BPL. That means with either of those 2 quests, your kinetic and energy weapon slots hit the max of 305. This will be the single biggest jump during the grind from 290 to 305. I only recommend holding off on the Drang/Sturm quest over the MIDA quest because the MIDA is actually useful in PVP.