• Feb 28th, 2018 1:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6360 posts
2435 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 10:47 pm
...including the base game and both DLCs...
if they release a cheap edition with the DLC included I'll take it sure but its not important
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29350 posts
2210 upvotes
Winnipeg
ReeGee wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 10:57 am
Me and a lot of other patient people who will give it a chance when it's like $20 lol
just started the game a hour ago, seems like borderlands and fallout style, i have no idea what's going on but plays like a regular fps.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29350 posts
2210 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bryson wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 1:10 pm
Destiny 2 didn't die, it was murdered! It's not worth it and you shouldn't support these greedy companies. Honestly Activision make EA and Battlefront 2 look like Saints compared to the crap they are trying to pull with this game. They keep releasing official apologies but then keep on pulling the same crap over and over. The last DLC is a joke. Tbey have a small live team updating the game while the rest of the developers are already working on Destiny 3. Hmmm maybe they should go back and actually fix Destiny 2 before working on the 3rd game or else there won't be a community left. Just a thought.
is this a single player game? i played for few hours and it seems it is just me solo running missions. there are features of fire team but there is no public chat, so i can't ask people to join or see what teams are available. there are also clan feature but not sure how to search for clan or get people to invite me. is it really a mmo style rpg meant for single player? no public chat means unless i can form a team via steam chat, then there won't be any multiplayer.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1130 posts
309 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 11:53 pm
is this a single player game? i played for few hours and it seems it is just me solo running missions. there are features of fire team but there is no public chat, so i can't ask people to join or see what teams are available. there are also clan feature but not sure how to search for clan or get people to invite me. is it really a mmo style rpg meant for single player? no public chat means unless i can form a team via steam chat, then there won't be any multiplayer.
No you're not wrong. It's an MMO without the MMO lol. Bungie wants you to complete difficult online tasks but won't give you the tools to find people to play with. Full disclosure I haven't played Destiny 2 but in D1 I ran with regular group on a nightly basis and for other times I used a website called DestinyLFG. It's a bit of a hassle that you have to use a 3rd party website but you shouldn't have any trouble finding people to play with. Hope that helps.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5079 posts
763 upvotes
calgary
divx wrote:
It's an MMO light.

Basically it will load maybe 20 players into a world with you to make it feel "alive" but until later on after you beat the game and are just looking to grind your characters you run strikes/raids/nightfalls you can basically run the whole game solo. Strikes/nightfalls are basically the equivalent of a quick 3 man instance where as a Raid is the equivalant of a 6 man instance but maybe a bit more time consuming.

Its a single player game in practically the same way that WoW is a single player game until you hit max level. There are other players in the world that you can work with but it's totally optional and its not until you hit max level that you are required to work with them.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7463 posts
1155 upvotes
divx wrote:
its basically an mmo without any social tools built in.

if you check your world lobby, you'll have players usernames displayed, and if you have a headset, you can talk to them. if not, then, no go.

the game is meant to be played solo 80% of the time

the other 20% is pvp and dungeons, which you can just que up for and join a randomly made party OR use friends you already play with and pre-form your party

the highlight of the game, really, is the gunplay. the FPS part is what makes it so fun. the MMO stuff is a half assed distaction and the developers are quite stubborn and bad, constantly not wanting to add any social stuff and wanting to make you go on reddit to find people to play the game with. yes, its as stupid as it sounds.

there's also an app you can download, and it'll have some channels where people for LFG for different things...but its not in game, its in a 3rd party app for your cell phone lol.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29350 posts
2210 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bryson wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 12:34 am

No you're not wrong. It's an MMO without the MMO lol. Bungie wants you to complete difficult online tasks but won't give you the tools to find people to play with. Full disclosure I haven't played Destiny 2 but in D1 I ran with regular group on a nightly basis and for other times I used a website called DestinyLFG. It's a bit of a hassle that you have to use a 3rd party website but you shouldn't have any trouble finding people to play with. Hope that helps.
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 11:47 am

It's an MMO light.

Basically it will load maybe 20 players into a world with you to make it feel "alive" but until later on after you beat the game and are just looking to grind your characters you run strikes/raids/nightfalls you can basically run the whole game solo. Strikes/nightfalls are basically the equivalent of a quick 3 man instance where as a Raid is the equivalant of a 6 man instance but maybe a bit more time consuming.

Its a single player game in practically the same way that WoW is a single player game until you hit max level. There are other players in the world that you can work with but it's totally optional and its not until you hit max level that you are required to work with them.
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 1:36 pm
its basically an mmo without any social tools built in.

if you check your world lobby, you'll have players usernames displayed, and if you have a headset, you can talk to them. if not, then, no go.

the game is meant to be played solo 80% of the time

the other 20% is pvp and dungeons, which you can just que up for and join a randomly made party OR use friends you already play with and pre-form your party

the highlight of the game, really, is the gunplay. the FPS part is what makes it so fun. the MMO stuff is a half assed distaction and the developers are quite stubborn and bad, constantly not wanting to add any social stuff and wanting to make you go on reddit to find people to play the game with. yes, its as stupid as it sounds.

there's also an app you can download, and it'll have some channels where people for LFG for different things...but its not in game, its in a 3rd party app for your cell phone lol.
i only played destiny 1 for a hour or 2 so d2 is quite fresh to me and not much to base it on, but it seems to be your typical story driven single player game, i will probably just finish the campaign and quit the game. i've never seen any online multiplayer game where you don't have a chat or lobby (besides mobile). I did read up on the reviews of this game, seems a lot reviewer bash d2 pretty hard and claim d1 to be superior, a lot features available in d1 are missing from d2, it is like they went backwards in game design instead making the game better. Also, it seems they are remastering d1 for release later this year and making d3.

I didn't play WoW much (few hours) so I don't know about soloing till max level but my mmo experience has been guild wars 1 & 2, ff14, which you can definitely find team for campaign, and end game.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7463 posts
1155 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 2:03 pm
i only played destiny 1 for a hour or 2 so d2 is quite fresh to me and not much to base it on, but it seems to be your typical story driven single player game, i will probably just finish the campaign and quit the game. i've never seen any online multiplayer game where you don't have a chat or lobby (besides mobile). I did read up on the reviews of this game, seems a lot reviewer bash d2 pretty hard and claim d1 to be superior, a lot features available in d1 are missing from d2, it is like they went backwards in game design instead making the game better. Also, it seems they are remastering d1 for release later this year and making d3.

I didn't play WoW much (few hours) so I don't know about soloing till max level but my mmo experience has been guild wars 1 & 2, ff14, which you can definitely find team for campaign, and end game.
yea, its definitely not an mmo...it tries to copy parts of one....if you think of it as a single player game with online capability (like grouping for pvp and dungeons), thats pretty much it.

Story's cool enough to do but again, not even close to what an mmo would offer.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29350 posts
2210 upvotes
Winnipeg
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 6:39 pm
yea, its definitely not an mmo...it tries to copy parts of one....if you think of it as a single player game with online capability (like grouping for pvp and dungeons), thats pretty much it.

Story's cool enough to do but again, not even close to what an mmo would offer.
is there a difference that i'm playing the pc version? i imagine most people would play the ps4 version as d1 was for ps4.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7463 posts
1155 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 8:26 pm
is there a difference that i'm playing the pc version? i imagine most people would play the ps4 version as d1 was for ps4.
better graphics, less people...but...a LOT of people left the game after finishing content. All the old D1 players who were already burnt out, finished D2 and just moved on. I did the same. Just logging back when expansions hit and doing the new content, and then leaving again.

PvP is more fun than in D1 but the limited control over the modes of the game make me skip it. I cant choose what I'd like to play...so there's no point in playing at all.
Last edited by Buggy166 on Feb 21st, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10752 posts
1374 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 8:26 pm
System dependent of course, but PC has better graphics, unlocked frame rate, more viewing angle, and keyboard/mouse snappy controls (no little to no aim assist) over consoles. PS4 has the added bonus of exclusives: 1 strike, 1 PVP map, exotic sniper, legendary ship and gear. The strike is fun as it focuses on the Taken and the boss is one of the few bosses where if you get a team to use their supers together, you can kill the boss in seconds. I really hate Destiny PVP. All snipers suck and there's nothing special with the Borealis (switch burn damage which is barely noticeable). Legendary ship... there are many other ships which look identical to it. Finally, the gear is ugly and there are no unique stat perks to it, so there are many of sets which are functionally identical. So besides the strike, you aren't missing out.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29350 posts
2210 upvotes
Winnipeg
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 11:51 am
System dependent of course, but PC has better graphics, unlocked frame rate, more viewing angle, and keyboard/mouse snappy controls (no little to no aim assist) over consoles. PS4 has the added bonus of exclusives: 1 strike, 1 PVP map, exotic sniper, legendary ship and gear. The strike is fun as it focuses on the Taken and the boss is one of the few bosses where if you get a team to use their supers together, you can kill the boss in seconds. I really hate Destiny PVP. All snipers suck and there's nothing special with the Borealis (switch burn damage which is barely noticeable). Legendary ship... there are many other ships which look identical to it. Finally, the gear is ugly and there are no unique stat perks to it, so there are many of sets which are functionally identical. So besides the strike, you aren't missing out.
what's the point of ship upgrade? i'm using the starter ship and it lets me travel between planets, why do i need a faster ship?

also do any of you play on the pc? maybe i can join you guys and see what team play is all about.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10752 posts
1374 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 1:59 pm
what's the point of ship upgrade? i'm using the starter ship and it lets me travel between planets, why do i need a faster ship?

also do any of you play on the pc? maybe i can join you guys and see what team play is all about.
It's just a ship. There's literally nothing special about it. There are only a handful of ship designs. Some come with different patterns. The exclusive one for PS4 just has a different pattern than the others. Trust me when I say, nobody even noticed.

There are transmats which is a thing you can attach to ships which is the animation when you spawn in. The transmat that comes with the ship is completely random and can be changed. You can get transmats and ships randomly via the Eververse. I personally like the Cabal one. It's a smaller version of the ball falling to earth.

I'm on PS4. I was 100% willing to buy this game on PC as well, but didn't because of 2 reasons.
1. Cross save wasn't a feature. I don't want to grind it out on PS4 and then again on PC.
2. Everybody stopped playing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7463 posts
1155 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 1:59 pm

ships dont matter
ghosts matter a very tiny bit (bonuses based on different planets or pvp)
speeders matter most and its whre you wanna have the fastest ones possible...but...not a game breaker if you dont.

frankly 99% of the game is just guns and armor + mods.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29350 posts
2210 upvotes
Winnipeg
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 8:00 pm
ships dont matter
ghosts matter a very tiny bit (bonuses based on different planets or pvp)
speeders matter most and its whre you wanna have the fastest ones possible...but...not a game breaker if you dont.

frankly 99% of the game is just guns and armor + mods.
how do i get a land vehicle?