After that they'll rain down on you.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 2:11 pm
It's just a ship. There's literally nothing special about it. There are only a handful of ship designs. Some come with different patterns. The exclusive one for PS4 just has a different pattern than the others. Trust me when I say, nobody even noticed.

There are transmats which is a thing you can attach to ships which is the animation when you spawn in. The transmat that comes with the ship is completely random and can be changed. You can get transmats and ships randomly via the Eververse. I personally like the Cabal one. It's a smaller version of the ball falling to earth.

I'm on PS4. I was 100% willing to buy this game on PC as well, but didn't because of 2 reasons.
1. Cross save wasn't a feature. I don't want to grind it out on PS4 and then again on PC.
2. Everybody stopped playing.
that must be true, it seems there are only like 5 people around, either because the zone is instanced or only 5 people left in the game.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16361 posts
4470 upvotes
Now Xur is useless! Seems I've got every Hunter exotic so now the game gives me a lot of Titan and Warlock gear even though it knows I only play the Hunter character. The new updates do not address the dire situation that PvE only players now face...no new content until the next DLC in May and the one in September if you choose to buy it. Now I'm glad I bought that MS Game Pass so I can play Sea of Thieves cheaply and wait til May...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
DougO wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 2:28 am
Now Xur is useless! Seems I've got every Hunter exotic so now the game gives me a lot of Titan and Warlock gear even though it knows I only play the Hunter character. The new updates do not address the dire situation that PvE only players now face...no new content until the next DLC in May and the one in September if you choose to buy it. Now I'm glad I bought that MS Game Pass so I can play Sea of Thieves cheaply and wait til May...
i saw streams of the game and don't find it very interesting
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16361 posts
4470 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 2:41 am
i saw streams of the game and don't find it very interesting
That's why I bought the Game Pass at $6/month. Better than buying it for $80 only to get bored with it quickly...sorta like D2, except I paid $150 up front for the deluxe version...only to be bored with it after 5 months...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
DougO wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 3:21 am
That's why I bought the Game Pass at $6/month. Better than buying it for $80 only to get bored with it quickly...sorta like D2, except I paid $150 up front for the deluxe version...only to be bored with it after 5 months...
ms started offering netflix style game rentals now? is there one for the ps4?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16361 posts
4470 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 3:34 pm
ms started offering netflix style game rentals now? is there one for the ps4?
Nope. Not for "to be released" AAA games that are exclusives. This is why a lot of people bought the game pass when it was on sale for $6/month instead of $12/month and stacked it for the next couple years.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
DougO wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 7:27 pm
Nope. Not for "to be released" AAA games that are exclusives. This is why a lot of people bought the game pass when it was on sale for $6/month instead of $12/month and stacked it for the next couple years.
i thought sea of thieves is a AAA title
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
been searching for strikes but it seems nobody plays anymore, game is completely dead, for a 3 player strike, i can't find a single person hahaha
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8740 posts
1268 upvotes
Victoria
yah, it's pretty dead. I'll come back for the next DLC is I bought the season pass with the original game, but after that... I dunno....

All the things that made d1 addictive seem to be gone. No super awful RNG. No overpowered gear. Prevents you from playing the same content over and over to hope the rng god's drop you a gjallahorn. Raid's super complex, so people don't seem to have the patience to take on a new person. Not like the old raids, where you could kind of wing it with a rookie. Created a friendly environment to help people and stuff.

I'll be back for the next DLC... but that's because I prepaid it. Not sure if I'll buy the one after that.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5170 posts
1057 upvotes
Milton
zod wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:38 am
I'll be back for the next DLC... but that's because I prepaid it. Not sure if I'll buy the one after that.
Same with me. Thought I do log in to particpate in the rare events like crimson days.

Currently catching up with backlog of single player games
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16361 posts
4470 upvotes
zod wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:38 am
yah, it's pretty dead. I'll come back for the next DLC is I bought the season pass with the original game, but after that... I dunno....

All the things that made d1 addictive seem to be gone. No super awful RNG. No overpowered gear. Prevents you from playing the same content over and over to hope the rng god's drop you a gjallahorn. Raid's super complex, so people don't seem to have the patience to take on a new person. Not like the old raids, where you could kind of wing it with a rookie. Created a friendly environment to help people and stuff.

I used to be able to do the weekly nightfall solo with my Hunter but that character class has been nerfed, so it isn't possible anymore. They should have made the nightfall a matchmaking game as well but I guess they thought we'd all just like to play with friends or couch co-op. Too bad that never happened with this game. Yeah, can't see myself shelling out even more $$ in September for that DLC after experiencing this train wreck of a game. And apparently they are now hard at work on a third game, stealing valuable people away from the existing one which is still broken? Who is running this company anyway?!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8740 posts
1268 upvotes
Victoria
DougO wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 10:56 am
I used to be able to do the weekly nightfall solo with my Hunter but that character class has been nerfed, so it isn't possible anymore. They should have made the nightfall a matchmaking game as well but I guess they thought we'd all just like to play with friends or couch co-op. Too bad that never happened with this game. Yeah, can't see myself shelling out even more $$ in September for that DLC after experiencing this train wreck of a game. And apparently they are now hard at work on a third game, stealing valuable people away from the existing one which is still broken? Who is running this company anyway?!
I agree about the nightfall. Matchmaking would be cool. All I do most of the time is go to find fireteam app and manually assemble or join a fireteam to do it (similar to what I did in d1). I loathe the timer. I liked how the D1 one raids were harder, but you could methodically take your time and clear everything out.

I suppose another issue with D2 is how they tried to balance everything. Even as you gain power level you don't get anymore powerful. You can kill things just as easy as when you start the game. I last played a few weeks ago for Iron Banner, and I had all 335 blue armor/weapons and still got a respectable K/D ratio... lol.