Destiny 2 - Reveal Trailer, Sept 8th release date, Preorders are live

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 8:03 pm
Jan 31, 2004
908 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Should I get this for pc or PS4?

I have never played FPS on a console so how much of an adjustment is it going from mouse/keyboard to a controller?
May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
thegr8testone wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 11:16 am
Cool, are you on PS4? Feel free to add me, I can help out if you need. :D FIGHT FOREVER GUARDIAN
I am currently playing on X1 even though I own a PS4 Pro since I transferred my characters from the 360. Contemplating if I should pick up D2 for X1 or PS4.

Took me two days to complete all expansion story missions and get from a dinky LL of 135 to 340! Even got the exotic sword. That thing wrecks faces lol. Bungie really upped their game with the TTK and Rise of Iron campaigns. The game is soooo much improved. Stormcaller is so much fun. And they even have sparrow racing? Yes Please! Can't wait to check that out!

Keep fighting the good fight Guardian!
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
macro6 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 6:25 pm

I have never played FPS on a console so how much of an adjustment is it going from mouse/keyboard to a controller?
I would say take 2 things into consideration when making the decision
Which one are you more comfortable with? Sound like you are a PC master race person
Where are your friends going to be playing? That makes a world of difference considering how social this game is
PSN ID: R0CK3T5YNT5T [R zero C K three T five Y N T five T]

I play Destiny, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and The Division - meet you online!
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
Bryson wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 10:05 pm
I am currently playing on X1 even though I own a PS4 Pro since I transferred my characters from the 360. Contemplating if I should pick up D2 for X1 or PS4.

Took me two days to complete all expansion story missions and get from a dinky LL of 135 to 340! Even got the exotic sword. That thing wrecks faces lol. Bungie really upped their game with the TTK and Rise of Iron campaigns. The game is soooo much improved. Stormcaller is so much fun. And they even have sparrow racing? Yes Please! Can't wait to check that out!

Yes, TTK and RoI definitely had a polished feel - they knew they messed up and rectified most of their mistakes pretty well. Here is hoping D2 will be an even bigger improvement.

Even though I am a PS4 player, I would recommend getting D2 for whichever console your friends reside on ( I assume its X1) - I would not drop PS4 for PC (even thought it looks hella awesome) because I have over 40 friends on the PS4 and do not want to lose my comrades in arms!

I play Destiny, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and The Division - meet you online!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9630 posts
798 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 10:05 pm

thegr8testone wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:36 am
Yes, TTK and RoI definitely had a polished feel - they knew they messed up and rectified most of their mistakes pretty well. Here is hoping D2 will be an even bigger improvement.

Even though I am a PS4 player, I would recommend getting D2 for whichever console your friends reside on ( I assume its X1) - I would not drop PS4 for PC (even thought it looks hella awesome) because I have over 40 friends on the PS4 and do not want to lose my comrades in arms!

It looks like there will be some exclusives for PS4 in D2 (items, PVP map and Stirke, just like D1)... They'll probably also delay the xBox One and PC expansion packs as well. If you're one of those players that wants to play the newest thing right away, then maybe D2 on PS4 is the better way.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3487 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
macro6 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 6:25 pm

Wait for all the betas to come out eventually (PC a bit later than consoles), then make up your mind.
Otherwise, play both if you can afford it.
May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
thegr8testone wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:36 am

joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 10:58 am
It looks like there will be some exclusives for PS4 in D2 (items, PVP map and Stirke, just like D1)... They'll probably also delay the xBox One and PC expansion packs as well. If you're one of those players that wants to play the newest thing right away, then maybe D2 on PS4 is the better way.
Doesn't matter which platform you're on. The Destiny community is really friendly and you shouldn't have a problem finding people to play with regardless. I'm not a huge fan of the X1 controller and still not sure if I will pick up a XB1X yet. Ps4 will definitely be getting the exclusive content. Wonder if it will be just console exclusive or if that will exclude the PC as well. I just picked up the Hawkmoon from Xur this week since that was previously a PS4 exclusive.

PC vs Console. PC will definitely have the better graphics and run 60fps where as Consoles will be locked at 30fps. PC will also have more cheaters which you should be used to if you play on PC but battlenet has been remarkable at keeping cheaters at bay. Also consoles tend to retain their online player base longer than the PC.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07 ... ro-bundle/

There will be a special all-white PS4 Pro bundle that includes Destiny 2 and the Season Pass for $549.99.
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
spena wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 2:55 am
pre-ordered mine today
Pulled the trigger as well - great price for the game and console (save 70 bucks) - selling the game to my buddy for 50 so basically getting the pro for 500 - which I validated by telling myself I got the Destiny white Ps4 3 years ago at 350

I just wish they has customized the pro with destiny graphics!

Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4597 posts
788 upvotes
Milton
thegr8testone wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 8:32 am
Pulled the trigger as well - great price for the game and console (save 70 bucks) - selling the game to my buddy for 50 so basically getting the pro for 500 - which I validated by telling myself I got the Destiny white Ps4 3 years ago at 350

I just wish they has customized the pro with destiny graphics!
Here's my dilemma. I preordered the PS4 Pro D2 and I also preordered D2 Digital Deluxe.. what to do..
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
spena wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:47 am
Here's my dilemma. I preordered the PS4 Pro D2 and I also preordered D2 Digital Deluxe.. what to do..
You could just cancel the standalone D2 Digital Deluxe, right?

Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1825 posts
273 upvotes
spena wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:47 am
I've done the same and will just put the game that comes with the bundle on kijiji. I'll likely lose a little money in the end, but having digital is key for me when I'll have 2 consoles.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14051 posts
3165 upvotes
I didn't get the email so I just went to my Bungie account and found out where the key is. They ask you which platform you want it on, then it gives you a key. Download is only 340 MB which took seconds. Now have to wait a couple days to play. I'm still irked about the rather fishy stuff Bungie is doing with regard to the XB1X. Since there is a port for PCs that is superior to the PS4 Pro version I don't see why they could not do same for the newer Xbox iteration other than deals done with Sony that they won't discuss. Ah well, I'll just get Anthem for that system and have the best of both worlds...