PC & Video Games

Destiny 2 - Reveal Trailer, Sept 8th release date, Preorders are live

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2017 11:31 am
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4631 posts
574 upvotes
What they showed off I thought looked great, probably day one for me. The new social features sound great Clans + an internal LFG system sounds great for Raids which IMO were always the best part about the original Destiny. The shooting looks as good as it ever was and not launching to orbit is actually an incredibly big deal IMO. Early previews make the campaign missions and strike missions they showed off sounds really high quality too.

Its funny though I played all the expansions except for the latest and the only character I can remember is Cayde-1

How does everyone feel about it being exclusive to battle.net? I think that's a really interesting development, personally I actually prefer Blizzards service to Steam but thats bound to turn a few people off, especially those running there games through steams big picture mode.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1130 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote:
May 18th, 2017 5:43 pm
Doubt it with the same specs after taxes. Maybe with used parts and without a 1080ti. But if you have a build in mind, I would be curious to know the parts
Now's the time of year a lot of the parts you need go on sale. You can start grabbing parts randomly now. I did this last year and spent $1500 on the system you're looking to build right now
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4534 posts
754 upvotes
Milton
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 18th, 2017 6:22 pm

How does everyone feel about it being exclusive to battle.net? I think that's a really interesting development, personally I actually prefer Blizzards service to Steam but thats bound to turn a few people off, especially those running there games through steams big picture mode.
activision owns both blizzard and bungie so it made sense that bungie kept their game 'in the family'. While it is not as advance and feature-rich as steam, it gets the job

fyi all limited and collectors editions are sold out
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3455 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Grrr...there might be a minor delay for PC version (meaning it won't hit the same time as consoles on Sept 8).
It'd be ok if they still allow cross-saves though, for some of us that plan to get console + pc this can make up for the delay.
(not confirmed yet)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
2939 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
SuckaB wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:19 am
Grrr...there might be a minor delay for PC version (meaning it won't hit the same time as consoles on Sept 8).
It'd be ok if they still allow cross-saves though, for some of us that plan to get console + pc this can make up for the delay.
(not confirmed yet)
As per USGamer.net:
Bungie has confirmed that there will be no save transfer between the PC and console versions of Destiny 2. When asked if players were pretty much locked into their choice, Destiny 2 art director Mike Zak simply replied, "Yeah."

"Hopefully, you're going to find a platform where you've got friends and stick to that one," Zak told USgamer. "If you don't, you can use our new Guided Games system for clans to make new friends."

So make your choice wisely, because once you've made it, you're stuck there. I'd say that the PC is the better option.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3455 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Shiznacka wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:01 am
As per USGamer.net:
*sadface*

Guess I'll have to wait then. On the bright side PC performance has been running pretty well according to the early hands-on impressions.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9512 posts
736 upvotes
spena wrote:
May 18th, 2017 3:39 pm
regretting not picking that dell i7 / 1080ti for $2100~
What were the specs? Is that with tax?

Going with the cheapest possible build to get a i7 and 1080ti will cost under $1,800 before tax. Add $10 for Win10 and another $30 for the cheapest keyboard and mouse combo. I really cheaped out by using parts I wouldn't recommend. I even went back a generation to save money. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/48843F

But if you want a system for gaming in 4K/60FPS: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vdTzd6 ~roughly $2K.
I swapped the i7 for an i5 (k). For gaming, there isn't much difference between i7 and i5. Add to that better parts in general and a sexy case.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9512 posts
736 upvotes
Shiznacka wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:01 am
As per USGamer.net:
Making me choose between friends again.... they lost out on double dipping.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3455 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:57 am
Making me choose between friends again.... they lost out on double dipping.
Bungie logic:
"it's ok, you can make new friends"
Jan 29, 2013
579 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
SuckaB wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:01 pm
Bungie logic:
"it's ok, you can make new friends"
It doesn't really make sense to allow cross-save functionality in a game that's so online-focused and contains competitive pvp gameplay.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3455 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
qualdoth wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:33 pm
It doesn't really make sense to allow cross-save functionality in a game that's so online-focused and contains competitive pvp gameplay.
that's the thing, cross save doesnt necessarily mean cross platform right?
PVP is still restricted within the same environment, PC vs PC and PS vs PS... only thing that cross-save does is to let you resume your progress on the platform of your choice or simply to play with different friends.

either way it's a moot point now. too bad.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9512 posts
736 upvotes
SuckaB wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:41 pm
that's the thing, cross save doesnt necessarily mean cross platform right?
PVP is still restricted within the same environment, PC vs PC and PS vs PS... only thing that cross-save does is to let you resume your progress on the platform of your choice or simply to play with different friends.

either way it's a moot point now. too bad.
Yeah I agree, so there's no competitive advantage that PC users would have over PS4.

I want to think the decision was because of exclusive content with PS4. It would have been too difficult to manage. For example, let's say you play on PS4 and the new expansion comes out. You max your character and then switch to PC. The PC version of you would need to readjust your XP level, light level, and any armor and weapons that the PC version won't get for a few weeks. Or allow it and these guys would wreck people in TOO by having a much higher light level. I want to think this... but I think they were just too lazy or too far behind schedule to even consider it.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4851 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
I just read there are no dedicated servers on any platform. How does a release of this magnitude from a publisher this wealthy not have dedicated servers? Was the first game P2P as well and did it work properly?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3455 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:11 pm
I just read there are no dedicated servers on any platform. How does a release of this magnitude from a publisher this wealthy not have dedicated servers? Was the first game P2P as well and did it work properly?
It wasn't ideal but it worked ok. By reducing to 4v4 I guess this could work.
I'd have preferred a dedicated server system but at this point I'm not nitpicking anymore.
Looking at For Honor, they used P2P for the multiplayer and that worked out ok.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel