• Jul 19th, 2017 8:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6259 posts
271 upvotes
GT'eh
Buggy166 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2017 9:50 am
Everything they added was what was missing from Destiny 1.0 and was never added, even though the players complained about fixes continuously for years.

if it makes you feel better knowing you were playing Destiny 0.5 and this is Destiny 1.0, so be it. I personally dont buy it. Given their track record of half-assing everything they do and double dipping on the game's price by bundling exclusive to reward new players only, I'll wait this out.

This would've been Destiny 2.0 if it was revolutionary instead of evolutionary. They reworked supers? WOW! No patch in any other game has ever done that before. They needed to release the same game all over again just for that!

They added LFG? Just in time, 20 years after every other mmo in the world had it.

Destiny 2.0 on paper is the equivalent of the iPhone press conference about the ground breaking ability of having folders.

I get that its a sequel, but all their major changes are literally things that they could've patched in game on Destiny 1.0 but withheld on purpose. Save for the new "story chapter" that will probably take 4-6 hours to run through, it will have the exact carbon copy game as last time. Nothing horrible about it, but on par to what a COD game, that comes out every year, offers. People expected something better after so many years of waiting.

If you're already a dedicated fan, then its a pointless discussion. If you're a general gamer, its worth considering the pros and cons.
I'm gonna get some hate but I kinda agree with most of what Buggy said on this, & I'm a huge destiny fan, but I'm tired of defending it. Although I'll most likely pr-eorder D2 doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade to make it 2.0, more like 1.75 at best.
They claim fixed load times, now maps and missions and all modes are playable without having to go back to orbit. Sadly no custom or hard to farm gear or decisions will be carried over from D1.
Not much on the faux matchmaking system they are implementing, I don't expect to as refined as LFG /100's or don't expect it to be become obsolete.
Any word on if they are upgrading the horrible vault system and if they are making a new a D2 Ghallyhorn?

My expectations are petty low for this, and I expect there to be a gang of micro transactions.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4597 posts
788 upvotes
Milton
Destiny 2 on PC, Raw Gameplay at 4K + 60FPS. Speculation on the pc is running @ 7700K with 1080ti

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5772 posts
690 upvotes
Grimsby
eVGA is doing a Destiny 2 promo if you buy a 1070 or 1080 graphics card you get a copy of Destiny 2 for the PC and beta access. Just a heads up if anyone is video card shopping.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4952 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 9:06 am
Destiny 2 on PC, Raw Gameplay at 4K + 60FPS. Speculation on the pc is running @ 7700K with 1080ti
holy cow this game looks so much better running at 60fps. There's something about sci-fi aesthetic games where 60fps stands out even more than usual. Hope it's optimized well for mid range rigs. I'm good with 1080p/60fps
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4597 posts
788 upvotes
Milton
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 10:36 am
holy cow this game looks so much better running at 60fps. There's something about sci-fi aesthetic games where 60fps stands out even more than usual. Hope it's optimized well for mid range rigs. I'm good with 1080p/60fps
For me and my limited budget, im good with 1440p/60+ fps
Sep 6, 2009
246 posts
17 upvotes
GTA - West End
Redmask wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 9:23 am
eVGA is doing a Destiny 2 promo if you buy a 1070 or 1080 graphics card you get a copy of Destiny 2 for the PC and beta access. Just a heads up if anyone is video card shopping.
not just evga

Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4952 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
sucks that they started requiring the machine activating the promo to actually have the correct GPU. I got so many great deals on new games over the years buying NVIDIA promo keys but now it's no longer possible
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
Still tempted to buy on PC, but it comes on the PS4 a month earlier with exclusives... hmm.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2139 posts
8 upvotes
I wanted to preorder the disc but EB doesn't have anymore copies with all the DLC content included so had to order the digital version of the PS store. I wish they had more disc versions with the DLC so I can have a hard copy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
I ended up preordering the full digital copy last week from the psn store so I could get the $15 credit. I played destiny 1 so much that it's nice having the digital version of it (I actually ended up buying a digital version of destiny when one of the dlc's came out, as it was only a little more expensive, and I was loathing using the disc).

The one thing that bugged me is you know they're going to through more "exclusive" stuff to the people who buy the seasons pass or dlc's after it comes out. By buying them upfront you get the immediate stuff but you'll probably miss out on the individual dlc bonuses (same as destiny 1).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2139 posts
8 upvotes
Oh really? That sucks. I came onto the destiny 1 bandwagon late - the taken king late. What kind of individual bonuses did people miss out on?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6259 posts
271 upvotes
GT'eh
emz wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 1:59 pm
Oh really? That sucks. I came onto the destiny 1 bandwagon late - the taken king late. What kind of individual bonuses did people miss out on?
There was quite a few bonuses, most of them were cosmetic, there were emblems, shaders, ghosts, exclusive weapons, exotic quests armor sets, and emotes (dance moves...anyone remember the zombie thriller dance?)
If you did all the raids you have most of the best weapons and gear.
some of items them were super exclusive and could only be obtained with a code or redeemed within a certain window

Most importantly you missed out trash talking in the raids and crucible, and of course he infamous loot cave.

The loot cave & crucible hacks for exotic quests were worth buying the game early + over paying.
Last edited by Neovingian on Jun 19th, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
emz wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 1:59 pm
Original Destiny and the first few DLC's would give out shaders and emblems. They gave you a legendary ghost with the original destiny (ghost edition). It was pretty rare, and it was the only legendary ghost in the whole game until y2. Sometimes there were weapon packs but usually they became moot as you found better weapons in the game.

I would say the best freebies were the shaders, emblems, and sparrows. Plus those exotic mark's from the TTK that increased how fast you leveled up a sub-class.

The two most coveted items in y1 destiny were that legendary ghost and the blacksmith shader (Which you got for preorder advanced warfare).
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2139 posts
8 upvotes
@Neovingian @zod Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping for another loot cave in Destiny 2 that I don't miss out on.

For those who were part of the Destiny 1 beta access, what does that usually entail? I pre-ordered D2 just so I can have early beta access but I've never been a part of beta so I don't know if that means just getting access to a part of the map until the full game is made available, or maybe just a type of gameplay (eg, crucible)? And does your loot, gear, xp carry through to when the full game is out?

I'm pretty excited for D2 whether it's D1.5 or not. It'll be fun regardless and if there's "not enough content", then that means I can have my life back sooner - right? =)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
emz wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 9:02 pm
@Neovingian @zod Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping for another loot cave in Destiny 2 that I don't miss out on.

For those who were part of the Destiny 1 beta access, what does that usually entail? I pre-ordered D2 just so I can have early beta access but I've never been a part of beta so I don't know if that means just getting access to a part of the map until the full game is made available, or maybe just a type of gameplay (eg, crucible)? And does your loot, gear, xp carry through to when the full game is out?

I'm pretty excited for D2 whether it's D1.5 or not. It'll be fun regardless and if there's "not enough content", then that means I can have my life back sooner - right? =)
A lootcave would of been amazing in destiny y2/y3. Could of grinded the shit out of it to get most of the way to max light.

The D1 beta let you play the first planet I think (earth). It was basically the beginning of the game. The sad part was when the whole game came out you had restart your progress :(