PC & Video Games

Destiny 2 - Reveal Trailer, Sept 8th release date, Preorders are live

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 8:03 pm
Jun 17, 2008
550 posts
64 upvotes
Nothing from D1 and the D2 beta will carry over to Destiny 2. Having said that, I am still itching profusely to play the beta.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2139 posts
8 upvotes
@zod @standinginrain Noooooo that sucks to hear! But it does make sense so everyone who starts in the fall will be on an even playing field. Once the beta comes out maybe I'll find you guys online.

Until then, less than a month before July 18th!
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like us year 1 players will be getting emblems to show off our veteran-ness

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45983

BETA is coming in 3 weeks and change
#HYPE
PSN ID: R0CK3T5YNT5T [R zero C K three T five Y N T five T]

I play Destiny, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and The Division - meet you online!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4597 posts
788 upvotes
Milton
thegr8testone wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 8:52 am
Looks like us year 1 players will be getting emblems to show off our veteran-ness
underwhelming year 1 aesthetics tbh. better than nothing i suppose
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2139 posts
8 upvotes
Nice! I haven't played destiny in months after so time to check which emblems I may be able to get by August 1st.
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
SuckaB wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 9:48 am
Time to migrate the RFD Clan...Don't remember who's the clan leader though.

Destiny 2 starts the ‘housekeeping’ phase for clan migration
You can supposedly create alliances (HELP ARTICLE)with other clans as well - if the RFD clan is interested , TBW would form an alliance with RFD so that way we can hopefully help each other in D2 activities.

RFD Clan - https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/197620
bigmackKFT is the Founder

Here is the TBW Clan Page
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1071717

No pressure at all - just food for thought :P

I play Destiny, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Borderlands, Black Ops 3 Zombies, Dying Light and The Division - meet you online!
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
I dropped Destiny during Vanilla but just plowed through the story missions of the expansions which I picked up the collection on sale. Taken King was pretty good campaign. That was fun. Almost as good as Titanfall 2.

Nolan North makes such a good Ghost. Guy is a great voice actor. I can't believe Peter Dinklage audition ever made it past the cutting room floor.

I might play a bit of multiplayer but I am scared to invest too much time into a game which doesn't respect my time. Vanilla destiny had was more grindy than a korean MMO!! Made it from level 30 to 40 just buy playing the missions. Still not sure what I'm going to do with all my old exotics. I had every gun in the game maxed out before I quit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
I preferred Dinklage as the ghost's voice, but to each their own.

I will also try not to get sucked in the D2 as much as I did D1. I suppose it was that I found a good group of people to raid with it during the crota & HoW days so I grinded the hell out of it trying to find thinks like the gjallahorn. All the weapon levelling in y2/y3 kind of made that trivial, because not many weapons were OP anymore.... Made grinding for them less tempting...
May 9, 2007
732 posts
181 upvotes
Oh yea I went super hardcore on D1. I think it took us something ridiculous like 12 hours to get through the Vault of Glass the first time lol. Loaded up Destiny to play the expansions. Started with my gjallahorn, ice breaker and aetheon's epilogue. Now I'm running around in all blues. Feels weird lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3583 posts
267 upvotes
I would like to see footage of actual game play if any of you all are doing the beta thing. I know in the past destiny release videos are not at all like game play.

Maybe I'll even join up with clan again if game is fun. Sleepy.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Mar 26, 2008
408 posts
668 upvotes
Mississauga
Bryson wrote:
Jul 8th, 2017 10:16 am
Oh yea I went super hardcore on D1. I think it took us something ridiculous like 12 hours to get through the Vault of Glass the first time lol. Loaded up Destiny to play the expansions. Started with my gjallahorn, ice breaker and aetheon's epilogue. Now I'm running around in all blues. Feels weird lol.
Cool, are you on PS4? Feel free to add me, I can help out if you need. :D FIGHT FOREVER GUARDIAN