PC & Video Games

Destiny: Age of Triumph Mar. 28 (Destiny 2 in PC Confirmed!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2021 12:08 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
I didnt like the money grubbing DLCs that they had.

Little to no content for $15 or more for each DLC. Then the stunt they pulled with re-packaging DLC exclusive content if you re-purchased the base game entirely, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
I don't see how they can improve on the mechanics of the game in less than a year without them releasing a glorified beta, releasing perioding patches + forcing you to buy DLC. Only way I'd get this at launch is if they include all DLC or offer some sort of pass, or if do away with their current DLC based model and give you all dlc's included. Otherwise why not just wait until the destiny 2 taken king-esue dlc bundle comes out and save yourself some money.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Mar 11, 2009
730 posts
33 upvotes
spena wrote: pc or console?
PS4 and you?
PSN: gns168 | Gamertag: gns168
---
Currently playing: FFXIV, Tekken 7, Genshin Impact
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
Sad that there was more story in that 2 minute trailer than in all of Destiny.

#garry
Aug 5, 2007
230 posts
45 upvotes
anyone else play trials? I've been hooked on it for the past 4 months and its eaten up most of my weekends.
Mar 26, 2008
491 posts
764 upvotes
Mississauga
g.n.s. wrote: PS4 and you?
yay GNS is back!
XBL & PSN ID: R0CK3T5YNT5T [R zero C K three T five Y N T five T]

Plan: $60 Koodo 10 GB data, Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
bender2k wrote: anyone else play trials? I've been hooked on it for the past 4 months and its eaten up most of my weekends.
Some of my most intense games was with Trials, but when you get to 7-8 wins, your palms get sweaty.

I got to the Lighthouse 4 times (got carried 3 times, but carried others that last time), but I only played Trails for the few months between Prison of Elders and Taken King. What I hate is the absolute insane lag that comes with Destiny PVP. I tried everything from switching ISP, modems, routers, to specialized router (Net Duma), but that lag is intense. I really hope they fix that in Destiny 2. Whatever hybrid server

Also found out that the in game currency silver does not move over to Destiny 2. That is BS. I can understand not transferring weapons and armour... I can even understand not transferring emotes, but to not move your unused in-game currency is pretty low. Especially if this is supposed to be a 10 year adventure, you currency needs to translate between games.

I still have a few unspent silver. I guess I'll just buy some emotes and dance on a hard to reach part of the tower.
Mar 26, 2008
491 posts
764 upvotes
Mississauga
joeyjoejoe wrote: Some of my most intense games was with Trials, but when you get to 7-8 wins, your palms get sweaty.

I got to the Lighthouse 4 times (got carried 3 times, but carried others that last time), but I only played Trails for the few months between Prison of Elders and Taken King. What I hate is the absolute insane lag that comes with Destiny PVP. I tried everything from switching ISP, modems, routers, to specialized router (Net Duma), but that lag is intense. I really hope they fix that in Destiny 2. Whatever hybrid server

Also found out that the in game currency silver does not move over to Destiny 2. That is BS. I can understand not transferring weapons and armour... I can even understand not transferring emotes, but to not move your unused in-game currency is pretty low. Especially if this is supposed to be a 10 year adventure, you currency needs to translate between games.

I still have a few unspent silver. I guess I'll just buy some emotes and dance on a hard to reach part of the tower.
Yea I play Trials but just for the bounties - I relish the chaos of normal crucible. Trials makes me want to gouge my own eyeballs out because either I get laggy teams or I get MLG teams that steam roll the shit out of me.

The silver thing pissed me off too...I bought a bit and now I cant even transfer it. Oh well...c'est la vie, right?

I need to get that Age of Triumph shirt tho.... (oh the amount of grinding....)

Plan: $60 Koodo 10 GB data, Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
PS4 most likely for me but it depends on exclusivity.

If Sony continues to have exclusive rights to certain strikes and exotics like in D1, then definitely PS4.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
spena wrote: PS4 most likely for me but it depends on exclusivity.

If Sony continues to have exclusive rights to certain strikes and exotics like in D1, then definitely PS4.
You must have missed it with the announcement.

It'll be a repeat of D1, there will be D2 exclusives to PS4.

They haven't announced exactly what will be exclusive to PS4 yet, but if D1 is any indication, it'll be weapons and strikes again probably.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10378 upvotes
I only play PvE. PvP reminds me too much of the old Diablo II days where people just wanted to live out their fantasy of shooting/killing someone or screwing up a game with a high level character killing your lower level character then standing over the body so you can't reclaim it. I tried playing in a clan but there were too many immature people for that to last long. I unfriended them. But PvE content just isn't there in the game since the creators seem to think PvP is where it's at. Wish it was more like Borderlands in regard to things like unique weapons or like Diablo II with its runes to make uniques. Currently, everyone can get the same thing over and over again. So, when you hit 400 light, then what? It's pretty well game over since there isn't anything else to do in the game. I do hope that Destiny 2 has much more random enemies. The PvE enemies always appear in exactly the same spot with the same weapons, over and over again. Very irritating to shoot one sub boss, run to another spot, shoot that sub boss, repeat ad nauseum. You'd think with the amount of programming that went into the game they would have fixed that but it's been the same since day 1...
Mar 26, 2008
491 posts
764 upvotes
Mississauga
DougO wrote: I only play PvE. PvP reminds me too much of the old Diablo II days where people just wanted to live out their fantasy of shooting/killing someone or screwing up a game with a high level character killing your lower level character then standing over the body so you can't reclaim it. I tried playing in a clan but there were too many immature people for that to last long. I unfriended them. But PvE content just isn't there in the game since the creators seem to think PvP is where it's at. Wish it was more like Borderlands in regard to things like unique weapons or like Diablo II with its runes to make uniques. Currently, everyone can get the same thing over and over again. So, when you hit 400 light, then what? It's pretty well game over since there isn't anything else to do in the game. I do hope that Destiny 2 has much more random enemies. The PvE enemies always appear in exactly the same spot with the same weapons, over and over again. Very irritating to shoot one sub boss, run to another spot, shoot that sub boss, repeat ad nauseum. You'd think with the amount of programming that went into the game they would have fixed that but it's been the same since day 1...
PvP is very different based on what you play. Trials is a cancerous f&ckfest and so is elimination. I generally do pretty well in Control and Clash because I thrive on chaos. I like Iron banner because the heavier population means more frequent matches. Red bar warriors are still a problem when they come up (once in a while for me)

I play mostly because I am in love with the gun play (it is truly amazing in comparison to any other game - smooth as hell...) and I love the cooperative (non couch) play. I have always been a support player (like a medic or a rogue, I love my tether, self res and bubble....) so I like that I can get matchmade and wreck faces (of PvP players or PvE enemies) together while helping my buddies

Are you on PS4 or XB1?

Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3487 upvotes
Victoria
ManCaveGamer wrote: anyone still play D2?
I stopped playing a while back. Took up too much of my time, and every new season/expansion it just restarted a grind for more gear. I used to find the grind addictive, but after a few years of D1/D2 I guess it got old :(
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10378 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: anyone still play D2?
I stopped. Went back to it a few weeks ago to see what has changed. Now they have crafting? What is this...Monster Hunter World? They have lost their way I think. Yeesh!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)