• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2006 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 8, 2003
210 posts
186 upvotes
Keelie wrote:try a 1/2 hour and the photos came out without any effects of the water.
i put a photo in water for 1/2 hour and after it came out and dried it was just as printed.
What printer & what paper are you using?

Thanks
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2639 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
They are definitely not hte same anywhere. FS/BB has probaly the best quality, never tried Blacks. But Staples is horrible, superstore is below avg, and costco 's quality fluctuate depends on which store you go to. Online [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=325]snapfish[/rfdlink] is porbably superstore quality. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=352]Shutterfly[/rfdlink] is below avg.

I've experimented with the same picture at different places. There is definitely a difference depending on which printer.
Sep 15, 2003
205 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I had a set of pictures printed at Walmart and im never going back to them. For some reason they felt the need to unnecesarrily crop alot of my pictures. They ended up cutting off the top of my head in a lot of pictures or even cutting out whole people.

It was the Keele and Lawrence Walmart, maybe the person was just drunk at the time?
Mar 28, 2003
729 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Flipcyde wrote:I had a set of pictures printed at Walmart and im never going back to them. For some reason they felt the need to unnecesarrily crop alot of my pictures. They ended up cutting off the top of my head in a lot of pictures or even cutting out whole people.

It was the Keele and Lawrence Walmart, maybe the person was just drunk at the time?
did you complain and have them redo them?

I hate it when they edit or colour correct. I make it a habit to tell them to print as is. I do all the necessary cropping and colour correction on my own.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6273 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
I usually get my film developed @ Costco or Walmart. The C41 process is pretty standard and proven over the ages so there's not much diff between different stores.

What separates the stores is printing. $$$ stores will spend more time adjusting or more $$$ for software that adjust color filters so colors come out more vibrant. They also use different (more contrast) paper to bring out the colors more.

My recommendation is to get the stores to develop the film but not print. Then, you can take it home, scan it in to the computer, edit the photos and only print the ones you like.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19991 posts
1802 upvotes
YUL
eelfliw wrote: My recommendation is to get the stores to develop the film but not print. Then, you can take it home, scan it in to the computer, edit the photos and only print the ones you like.
In order to scan negatives properly, you'll need a very expensive film scanner, and most people do not have those anyways.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2006
976 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like FS/BB is pretty popular.

Can anyone share their experiences with Blacks?