Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Patch 2.1.2 and Season 2

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2017 8:09 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone pop back in and played the new patch?? just just finally had the time to jump and play..

I playing the test server with the new patch 2.3 which is getting exciting! every boss you kill. legendary drops everywhere.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
anyone care to help me boost a season 3 char to 70? wanna grab the transmog before reset....currently sitting at 64...
Oct 12, 2004
712 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
hmm...season 10 just done. rise of the necromancer is supposed to lead into season 11. anyone else playing d3 here?
HeatWare
HoFo
--------------------
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
cocci83 wrote: hmm...season 10 just done. rise of the necromancer is supposed to lead into season 11. anyone else playing d3 here?
just got the necro pack, did not know S11 hasnt started yet, i may hold off on any serious play until S11 comes then...
Oct 12, 2004
712 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
SuckaB wrote: just got the necro pack, did not know S11 hasnt started yet, i may hold off on any serious play until S11 comes then...
yeah...season 11 is in a month i believe. i meant that they will follow up with the new season soon after. my apologies if the last post was confusing.

so far so good with the necro. i find d3 is one of the few games i get to play mindlessly while multi-tasking so this is a good thing for me. lol
HeatWare
HoFo
--------------------
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
Started up the expansion yesterday. The Necromancer class is a lot more fun to play as than the Crusader class that was introduced in the Reaper of Souls expansion IMO.
For summoning classes, it outranks the Witch Doctor and Druid (Diablo 2) IMO.

Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2234 posts
130 upvotes
Necro feels crazy OP but I ain't complaining! I played it for about 2 hours then hopped back on my Wiz Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Software Engineer
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1655 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
new season is july 20th. might give it a go again then. The game feels so different since the last time i played a few years ago so will definitely want to start in a new season to start fresh!
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
Necro is pretty good, I like having the pets but when you get to torment difficulties some of his luster fades, mostly because I'm lazy and was letting my pets do everything. I'm working on getting thorns up since there's a passive skill for 200% thorn damages from pets, figure it I can get thorns high enough it may be viable again
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
I think the Necromancer class has the highest damage output for fast leveling.
Corpse Lance with the Brittle Touch rune clears out multiple enemies in quick succession.

I used a single character on Torment 3 Difficulty to level up 3 of my other accounts simultaneously with 3 other controllers idle and only ever having to control a single character.

I have found two legendary items that add 20 - 30% extra damage to that skill.
Feneant wrote: Necro is pretty good, I like having the pets but when you get to torment difficulties some of his luster fades, mostly because I'm lazy and was letting my pets do everything. I'm working on getting thorns up since there's a passive skill for 200% thorn damages from pets, figure it I can get thorns high enough it may be viable again
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jul 19th, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 12, 2004
712 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
im actually kinda stoked to play this season with the "new" class. i have a weird goal in d3 where i play random seasons with a specific class just so i can farm all sets and mess around with combinations. oddly enough, the last class i've never fully played is the witch doctor. i guess that guy will forever be on my back burner. lol

and what-do-you-know season 11 starts today...
HeatWare
HoFo
--------------------