• Jul 26th, 2017 1:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 15, 2004
147 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

Diapers

I was looking forward to stocking up on Prime Day but unfortunately there were no diaper deals this year. What do you parents buy in bulk at good everyday value? Any store brands that are particularly good value that compare well against Huggies/Pampers?
10 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13860 posts
4418 upvotes
We buy our diapers at Superstore. You will often be able to combine: in store coupon, CO51 and PC Plus points. With all those combined it is much cheaper than Amazon or Costco and allows you buy to whichever Huggies / Pampers you want.

That said, many people buy from Amazon using subscribe and save. Others will stock up when Costco has their sales (a couple times a year - I believe that September is one of the usual months).
Nov 25, 2016
33 posts
13 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:04 pm
We buy our diapers at Superstore. You will often be able to combine: in store coupon, CO51 and PC Plus points. With all those combined it is much cheaper than Amazon or Costco and allows you buy to whichever Huggies / Pampers you want.

That said, many people buy from Amazon using subscribe and save. Others will stock up when Costco has their sales (a couple times a year - I believe that September is one of the usual months).
We stock up at Costco. Sales are usually around March, June, September.

If space is tight at home, amazon subscribe and save is a good alternative. Not as cheap, but cheaper than if nothing is on sale when you need it.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15087 posts
1086 upvotes
Thornhill
I think the best deals are generally at RCSS. However it's a bit far for us so we usually just buy at Costco. The Costco ones are Costco-specific and seem a bit softer. Dunno if the baby can tell the difference.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Oct 16, 2007
936 posts
214 upvotes
Amazon subscribe and save monthly, which gives you 20% off their normal price. No need to hunt for coupons or wait for sales. Managing 1 month in advance gets easy once you are used to it. If worst comes to worst, you can move up your delivery date depending on how far out you are.
- Insert Soemthing here so you will be able to recoginze me.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4192 posts
425 upvotes
Mississauga
I usually buy from sdm when it's $22.99 for the box.... Use cpn and co51... And I buy on 20x optimum pts day... Which happens about once per week...

Superstore/nf/Loblaws is usually 17c/ diaper so this should be the best... Plus cpn/co51

But I'm not so sure after factoring in 20x sdm...too lazy to do the comparison
Mar 23, 2016
369 posts
123 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 10:57 pm
I usually buy from sdm when it's $22.99 for the box.... Use cpn and co51... And I buy on 20x optimum pts day... Which happens about once per week...

Superstore/nf/Loblaws is usually 17c/ diaper so this should be the best... Plus cpn/co51

But I'm not so sure after factoring in 20x sdm...too lazy to do the comparison
What is c051?
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
14555 posts
3875 upvotes
Ottawa
Superstore and Walmart.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13860 posts
4418 upvotes
springdays wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:34 am
What is c051?
Checkout 51 - it is an app / website where you upload copies of your receipts. They have a list (changes every week) of items that qualify for a rebate.
Jun 26, 2007
449 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
The only store brand that I love is the PC Green Diaper. It is super absorbent and fragrance free. I actually used it as daily diaper and esp overnight diaper. But have to wait for sale to make it cheaper than Pampers.