Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1213 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto

Did someone open my mail?

I ordered a bottle of mulitvitamins from the USA ($20) and the packaged arrived today, but it was ripped quite a bit (Everything inside was okay). The package came via Canada Post and USPS. I was wondering if a letter carrier could have ripped it, maybe it was inspected by customs, or just naturally ripped along the way. Anyone have any idea tips of figuring this out? I could see customs opening it to check what was inside, but wouldn't they inform me?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9866 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
Most likely customs.
RFD Users who tell it like it is and aren't sheltered by society's wet blanket:
Syne, a-tree, Shaner, Peckerwood, Anonymouse, Cas77, arisk
arisk wrote:
Oct 15th, 2011 7:45 pm
Banning proper use in a forum such as this simply perpetuates the problem by reinforcing the perspective that all uses of a word are negative.
KorruptioN wrote:
Oct 29th, 2010 9:11 pm
She must be better than all of us real men, at any cost. Feel like talking down to people who don't fit in her narrow-minded demographic? She's got it in spades.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9179 posts
382 upvotes
Markham
If customs inspected it, usually there would be customs tape around it.

Does it look like the box could have gotten damaged during transit?
:lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
7792 posts
821 upvotes
Toronto
i've gotten mangled up packaging before im guessing due to the transport process. stuff inside is always fine.

maybe it was customs that messed with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1213 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Hairball wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 5:34 pm
If customs inspected it, usually there would be customs tape around it.

Does it look like the box could have gotten damaged during transit?
I thought customs would put a sticker or something at least too. It wasn't a box, it was a bag type package, but its not thin plastic at all so it would have required force to be open.
Jun 8, 2012
434 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes the sorting machines can really damage a package. They travel on belts at some high speeds and can get caught on things.

If it was customs, they generally put the package in a bag or tape it up with labeled tape. Does the bottle have its own seal? I wouldn't take any if the bottle didn't have its own seal. You really never know if someone did anything to them.
× < >