PC & Video Games

did Sony pay Kotaku for exclusive Good news and bashing competitors nextgen?

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2013 9:44 am
Nov 1, 2007
250 posts
31 upvotes
Gawker as a whole is garbage. I like Totilo, but Kotaku in general, as everyone here has mentioned, is not the best site to go to for credible news.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Jhoto wrote:
May 6th, 2013 4:54 pm
Gawker as a whole is garbage. I like Totilo, but Kotaku in general, as everyone here has mentioned, is not the best site to go to for credible news.
Gizmodo, their parent site, pretty much stole (paid a lot of money for someone to steal, or basically not give back to the owner) a prototype iPhone 4, so that's pretty shady. You can prefer one editor over another, such as Stephen Totilo or someone else, but they're all influenced by eachother. And boy those Kotaku guys just love to cause a sh1tstorms... for a rumour they'll use anything as fodder, even the company's response which doesn't include mention or confirmation if said rumour is true or not, and spin that to say that is proof it's true when its not proof of anything. Kotaku simply comes up with an article people want to hear and base it on "multiple sources" just to sound credible so they can get more hits/clicks. They're like the TmZ of games now with these gossip stories.
Oct 11, 2010
742 posts
79 upvotes
Actually I think Apple totally over-reacted in that case and used their influence to hustle law-enforcement to track down a lost (not stolen, lost) iphone. Probably one of the least shady things a rumor site can do, and greatly troubling to see how much power big corporations have.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1549 posts
59 upvotes
Kotaku is garbage. I've never found them relevant but unfortunately it seems there are those who do. Polygon is another irrelevant site filled with former Kotaku "writers".
Anyhow, I'm biased against Sony but they are taking all the right steps for the PS4. The only thing the Xbox Infinity or whatever they want to call it has going for it is the easy porting from Windows 8. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm leaning towards upgrading my graphics card on my gaming PC and going with the PS4 exclusively (I own a Vita that's been gathering dust for the past 8 months). Wii U is DOA and Microsoft is too greedy with Live subscription costs and lack of decent sales for Gold members.
I'm on the road to 5000...
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17200 posts
492 upvotes
ledorky wrote:
May 10th, 2013 3:46 am
Kotaku is garbage. I've never found them relevant but unfortunately it seems there are those who do. Polygon is another irrelevant site filled with former Kotaku "writers".
Anyhow, I'm biased against Sony but they are taking all the right steps for the PS4. The only thing the Xbox Infinity or whatever they want to call it has going for it is the easy porting from Windows 8. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm leaning towards upgrading my graphics card on my gaming PC and going with the PS4 exclusively (I own a Vita that's been gathering dust for the past 8 months). Wii U is DOA and Microsoft is too greedy with Live subscription costs and lack of decent sales for Gold members.
YOu dont play your vita much? Why is that, there are lots of good games, well i think they are good.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1549 posts
59 upvotes
Super strokey wrote:
May 10th, 2013 11:23 am
YOu dont play your vita much? Why is that, there are lots of good games, well i think they are good.
Not enough pick 'em up and play titles I think. I do use the browser once in a while when my other devices are short on juice lol. It's a good system but I just find I'm gaming more on my PC and 3DS (lots of great titles on the 3DS in terms of RPGs and other non console-like titles found in the Vita). I'm sure I'll get more use out of it when the PS4 comes out.
I'm on the road to 5000...
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
ledorky wrote:
May 10th, 2013 3:46 am
...Wii U is DOA...
I don't think that Wii U is exactly "dead on arrival". They are just slow in making games and there should be a better library of hopefully 3rd party, and 1st party titles for the console as time goes on.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2235 posts
454 upvotes
Somewhat OT, but where do you all frequent for your gaming news/articles/etc.?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2008
2110 posts
288 upvotes
Montreal
80% of their articles are not game news anyway. I go to themagicbox for facts
Instagram: prince_of_chips
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7553 posts
2204 upvotes
Gametrailers recently did a satire review of Zeno Clash 2. Funny stuff. Probably the most entertaining game review I've seen.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/cqm ... h-2-review
Vertigo wrote:
May 13th, 2013 10:59 pm
Somewhat OT, but where do you all frequent for your gaming news/articles/etc.?
Neogaf is the quickest to report new information. Some developers and journalists are members of their forums.
Gametrailers for entertainment purposes
occasionally IGN
Metacritic.com for review aggregates