Fashion & Apparel

Did UGG's change the bottom of their "classic TALL" boots?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2010 6:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
46 upvotes

Did UGG's change the bottom of their "classic TALL" boots?

So my sister bought a pair recently, and I just noticed her soles (so the bottom of the boots) are different.

Did UGGS do a makeover on the bottom of their soles? Are one of these fakes? Here's an example:

VS.

Thanks!
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
5 replies
Nov 26, 2006
96 posts
8 upvotes
Newmarket
Where were they purchased? The number of forgeries are increasing according to my friend, who is a manager for Soft Moc. One of her staff took back a pair of fakes by accident as a return a few weeks ago. Her and I sat down to note the differences between the real and fake uggs.

- The boot should have some weight to it. The pair she had in the store did have a different sole and the fake one was significantly lighter than the real ugg.

- The stitching was different on the real one and of greater quality.

- The exterior of the real Ugg was very 'buttery' in texture, which should be due to the processing of hide and the quality of it.

- The interior felt synthetic. It was too soft and not dense enough to be wool.

* Please note that I do not own these boots, nor am I promoting the sale of them. I helped out my best friend with the identification process, because I have an eye for detail. These features are what we noted and it is meant only as a guide.

*Edited for content and grammar
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1294 posts
1121 upvotes
Yes they have changed their soles, along with the inside tag as well.

I have a pair of Ugg Australia's that I bought 5 years ago and they have this tag sewn inside made out of fabric. Their new tags are made of plastic.
Unfortunately, I noticed as the years go by the quality decreased.

If your sister or anyone else is thinking about buying Uggs online, go on their official website and check for a list of authorized retailers.

Click here, and "how to avoid it". There's an option to write in a website address and find out whether that site is an authorized retailer or not.
Ex: if you write in littleburgundyshoes.com, brownsshoes.com or softmoc.com, you'll see they are legit.
http://www.uggaustralia.com/retailStore ... rfeit.aspx
× < >