Real Estate

Did we just hit the peak of the Toronto RE bubble?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 3:05 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 26, 2016
637 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 8:11 pm
50% in Newmarket... never imagined this would happen in my lifetime..... people buying into this yikes...
I don't understand how these houses are getting appraised... unless buyers are putting in the difference...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4676 posts
2343 upvotes
WinterSleep wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 10:42 pm
I don't understand how these houses are getting appraised... unless buyers are putting in the difference...
either someone buying with massive equity or foreign investors... they are bigger than the "5%" bs number given by the realtors in toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1072 posts
809 upvotes
canuck4 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 9:20 am
Toronto, not Vancouver, is now North America’s hottest luxury housing market---- #6 on the list! Wow.

http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2017/03/to ... -217945857
Thanks for that.

From the memo and what I try to tell to crybabies that just won't listen.

“Toronto is also competitively priced compared with other global cities, the city offers good transport links, high-ranking educational facilities.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
1035 posts
342 upvotes
BiegeToyota wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 9:26 am
Thanks for that.

From the memo and what I try to tell to crybabies that just won't listen.

“Toronto is also competitively priced compared with other global cities, the city offers good transport links, high-ranking educational facilities.
"good transport links". apparently, the author doesn't live in toronto.
three subway lines, subway budget crumbling, ttc replaced by buses, people would rather drive than take public transit, gardiner being torn down.
i agree there are steps being taken to improve, e.g. metrolinx and full day trains on future GO lines, LRTs.
but really? i have experienced public transit in New York, Singapore, Chicago and it is not comparable.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1327 posts
269 upvotes
dantey wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:59 am
"good transport links". apparently, the author doesn't live in toronto.
three subway lines, subway budget crumbling, ttc replaced by buses, people would rather drive than take public transit, gardiner being torn down.
i agree there are steps being taken to improve, e.g. metrolinx and full day trains on future GO lines, LRTs.
but really? i have experienced public transit in New York, Singapore, Chicago and it is not comparable.
take out the "good" and it's accurate. TTC is horrid. Metrolinx and GO is pretty good.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17546 posts
3842 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
canuck4 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 9:20 am
Toronto, not Vancouver, is now North America’s hottest luxury housing market---- #6 on the list! Wow.

http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2017/03/to ... -217945857
I find it interesting that Seoul is up there, I wouldn't be in any rush to move somewhere where I know the next door neighbor is armed, insane and has an inferiority complex.
Sep 7, 2009
378 posts
116 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 11:57 am
I find it interesting that Seoul is up there, I wouldn't be in any rush to move somewhere where I know the next door neighbor is armed, insane and has an inferiority complex.
Are you talking about Trump?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17546 posts
3842 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
holden wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 11:58 am
Are you talking about Trump?
Well done. I suppose one could argue we are in the same position. However, the United States political system was designed in such a way that smartly protects everybody - mostly - from the whims of a single man.
Oct 15, 2012
116 posts
140 upvotes
TORONTO
PunPryde wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 11:23 am
take out the "good" and it's accurate. TTC is horrid. Metrolinx and GO is pretty good.
Agreed, I dont think Toronto is on par with the real world-class cities like London, New York, Beijing, etc. New york, London and Beijing are the regional (global) economic/political centers.
When it comes to Toronto, Raptors is the only thing most ppl can relate to.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41610 posts
10237 upvotes
VampireJames wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 1:44 pm
Agreed, I dont think Toronto is on par with the real world-class cities like London, New York, Beijing, etc. New york, London and Beijing are the regional (global) economic/political centers.
When it comes to Toronto, Raptors is the only thing most ppl can relate to.
It's not but in terms of liberal immigration policies, how do you think HK and Beijing stack? :) Also, it would take a position at least manager/senior manager for someone in HK or Beijing to out earn a similar position in Toronto.
Oct 15, 2012
116 posts
140 upvotes
TORONTO
In terms of immigration policy, we are definitely better than the other cities. But in terms of wage, I would say you can make more money in HK or Beijing for positions like developer, researcher, managerial roles, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3818 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
VampireJames wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 9:00 pm
In terms of immigration policy, we are definitely better than the other cities. But in terms of wage, I would say you can make more money in HK or Beijing for positions like developer, researcher, managerial roles, etc.
Definitely not on average. You "can" but not the norm.

Toronto isnt there in terms of economics, finance, jobs, and what not. But i think whats good are the immigration policy, the more peaceful culture, good health care and good living environment. These we kinda take for granted but we do have it pretty good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Master