Real Estate

Did we just hit the peak of the Toronto RE bubble?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 9:08 am
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2018
203 posts
214 upvotes
Bears will say anything to rationalize getting their $500,000 detached house in the beaches lol.
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6633 posts
5565 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
mazerbeaner wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 1:07 pm

While interesting they seem like a very small time player making huge high risk gambles. There's a reason why Buffet said to avoid hedgefunds and go with the market. They keep gambling big and eventually they lose.
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:48 pm
How many hedge funds have tried to short Canadian
Banks in the past and got burned? Wasn’t there some clown show in SF who predicted the big crash and shorted Canadian banks like 2 years ago? Wonder where he is probably lost his shirt lol.
“Short bank bro” did this thread in 2016. We call it Leflower Cost Averaging to buy banks whenever he posts. See the end of thread for the return CALC.

shorting-canadian-banks-1920679/
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2948 posts
2334 upvotes
There has been heavy pollution in the past week in Bangkok.

You don't even realise how serious this issue is until you live it every day.

I am at the point where there is no point on spending any money in this country as I don't see any long term benefit.

BTW, I downloaded both the Thai government pollution app and a regular app. Took both readings at the same time.

Just have a look at how much the government is lying. If they are lying about something this obvious, just imagine how much they are lying about everything else.

Asians will continue to be coming here in greater numbers, especially for essential things like clean air, water and food standards. Asians will be spending their corrupt money in Canada and other cleaner destinations.

Just check out this brazen lie

Image Image
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7646 posts
4573 upvotes
noobienoob wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 5:20 pm
to be honest...an area i was looking at, just dropped below certain price barriers.....

i suspect that i brought a bit too earlier...this is going to be very painful for me
cant compare to vancouver -- they have higher foreign buyer tax, empty home tax, tax over $3 mil bs, higher amounts of chinese, etc.

completely different market -- this is why i dont even comment on vancouver anymore cause the govt there is hell bent on getting the market down... its not the case in toronto so im not concerned at all...
Sep 13, 2007
359 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 6:07 pm
cant compare to vancouver -- they have higher foreign buyer tax, empty home tax, tax over $3 mil bs, higher amounts of chinese, etc.

completely different market -- this is why i dont even comment on vancouver anymore cause the govt there is hell bent on getting the market down... its not the case in toronto so im not concerned at all...
i'm talking about york region....
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
3909 posts
1244 upvotes
noobienoob wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 5:20 pm
to be honest...an area i was looking at, just dropped below certain price barriers.....

i suspect that i brought a bit too earlier...this is going to be very painful for me
What area did you buy and for roughly how much?
google NotDoug
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1568 posts
1655 upvotes
Toronto
Canary in the coal mine for real estate in Canada / US .... and the billion dollar money laundering scheme in Vancouver , probably Toronto too is over ...

the house of cards is toppling over .....

Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7646 posts
4573 upvotes
joepipe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:26 pm
Canary in the coal mine for real estate in Canada / US .... and the billion dollar money laundering scheme in Vancouver , probably Toronto too is over ...

Eby taking on the Triad...extremely ballsy...he better have good security around him...
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1534 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto
joepipe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:26 pm

Link says that Chinese investment in USA is down.
Does it mean that they will invest elsewhere like in Canada? Canada's RE will go up then.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1568 posts
1655 upvotes
Toronto
ilim wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:23 pm
Link says that Chinese investment in USA is down.
Does it mean that they will invest elsewhere like in Canada? Canada's RE will go up then.
Nope, you would have saw it by now... last year was a Dud for detached which is proof Chinese money is done....
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1534 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto
joepipe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:51 pm
Nope, you would have saw it by now... last year was a Dud for detached which is proof Chinese money is done....
Your guess is as good as mine, bear's wait continues.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7646 posts
4573 upvotes
ilim wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:58 pm
Your guess is as good as mine, bear's wait continues.
We are close to two years now since Wynne's 16 point plan.

Basiclally detached has come down a little in most areas, other types of houses have largely gone up (especially condos).

Now with detached come down to the sweet spot where the gap between condo/townhouse and detached is quite narrow, I sense trade ups coming in 2019 and 2020...

Lots of rentals continues to do welll -- people have cleaned up and again congrats to all of you investment property owners killing it right now and this is absolutely tearing the bears apart that they didnt get in back in the day...